Player Made Maps

DeletedUser

[spoil]No worries, it helped me out a lot. And this is comign from a guy who was annoyed at your antics against CBears on W50. :D

I used CS2 Photoshop for this (only thing I could get my hands on that wasn't corrupt or too big as my net gets capped fast).

I used contouring, I don't know whether I should maybe get rid of that so that it looks smoother, because I did smooth it by 2 (just once, by 2 pixels).

As for the advice on the glow, I was considering putting it between 1-3 pixels but was rushing it so wasn't too fussed. Played around with the opacity a bit, but I'm not an expert so I left it it at around 80%. Should I lower further to 50/60% then? I also made the glow a different colour (I'm Australian, not British, before you get excited, :p) just because I wanted it to have the illuminant effect (the yellow looks like a light-bulb) but I'm on holidays so I'll have time to tamper with the blending options.

I'm also wondering if you could help me making .gif maps or whatever you did with the map you made. Is it hard to learn, because a lot of the other stuff you taught was fairly basic and well explained, so I understood quickly. The visual aspect might have helped too. :D

@ Xplicid (would have multi-quoted but noticed too late):
Thanks for the advice also.

I think the world is simply too small to add the other villages. By small, I mean more-so the tribes in question. I think I had a 1 pixel outline. Might have forgotten it. I'll spend some more time on things and see what I can do in terms of a better map.

Funnily enough, I was going to add a date in the bottom-left corner to take up some space but just rushed it and saved it.

You probably won't believe me when I say this, I'm better with Bevvel and Emboss than I am with Gradient. Yeah, I've experimented with Gradient on one the other 2 maps I made and I just didn't seem to like it. I got good feedback for it, but I don't know.

My other 2 maps here can be found in this post:
First Maps
The first spoiler is my first map ever![/spoil]

I could make a guide on animated maps, did your PS CS2 come with ImageReady? Btw, I use CS2 :)

DeletedUser71925

I could make a guide on animated maps, did your PS CS2 come with ImageReady? Btw, I use CS2 :)

Yes, it came with ImageReady and Adobe Bridge (don't know how actually open this one :D).

DeletedUser

toptribes26112010.png

First try ever

DeletedUser

Good map magic. Insanely good if it's truly your first :icon_surprised:

Organs and Rogues colours clash, but that might just be due to my screen. Otherwise nicely done :)

DeletedUser

Oh wow, that map is 18000 years ahead of our time :icon_razz:

Great map, nonetheless!

DeletedUser71925

Nice map mage. Really good for a first map. Keep spending some time on it and you'll be even better.

DeletedUser44153

Could anyone do a map of K56 top five tribes, plus Shark, Coming and Paint?

DeletedUser71925

I can do something basic. Will do it now. But it will be very condensed due to it being 1 K. Will see what I can do.

EDIT: Here you are. Just something basic. Not sure if it's exactly what you wanted but if I zoom in anymore the village dots look really bad. As I said, it's very condensed in this state. Any more zoom will spread it out a bit but it'll look ugly. Unless it was smoothed a lot, but still, it would look ugly. :D

[spoil]
fp6l48.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Top 8 Tribes. Tried new styles (I don't like the outcome though)

Forgot to label the orange tribe..which is Ducks :3 <3 you Duckys

No Background;
[spoil]
s4w0vt.png

[/spoil]

Backgound;
[spoil]
30ho1u1.png

[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator: