Player Made Maps

DeletedUser

Awesome map!

I was wondering if you could make a slower map?

Either way, thanks :)

DeletedUser

Nice map KS. I had forgotten how huge MoM had gotten and then how tiny they became by January. My fav part was Code's disappearing trick :D

DeletedUser100410

congrats, very nice map, it would be even better if it goes a bit slowlier and if it fits in my tiny screen :p

DeletedUser

congrats, very nice map, it would be even better if it goes a bit slowlier and if it fits in my tiny screen :p
Derp.
You don't know how to scale an image in your browser?

Speed on the other hand, is all down to preference. Most people don't want to look at a map for 2-3 mins, so I make them quicker.

DeletedUser

Speed on the other hand, is all down to preference. Most people don't want to look at a map for 2-3 mins, so I make them quicker.

not that slow, nugget
but slow enough to be able to appreciate what you see in front of you before it's shifting again :)

DeletedUser

not that slow, nugget
but slow enough to be able to appreciate what you see in front of you before it's shifting again :)
Nugget? Please explain.

For those of you that are 'a bit slow'.
I didn't resize it, because it isn't necessary. Lrn2browser n00b.
[spoil]
legend.png
timelineslow.gif
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Nugget? Please explain.

For those of you that are 'a bit slow'.
I didn't resize it, because it isn't necessary. Lrn2browser n00b.
[spoil]
legend.png
timelineslow.gif
[/spoil]

nugget, i dunno, just was my tame insult for the day
like, numpty

i'm not slow >.>
i just like to take my time reminiscing during the slideshow :)

DeletedUser71008

It's been a while, and I did promise months ago that I'd make this map when the time came.
Good to see this thread didn't die without me.
[spoil]
legend.png
timeline.gif
[spoil]Apologies for sheep and MM being the same colours, and for one colour changing slightly halfway through. I cba to fix it.[/spoil][/spoil]

Awesome map, well done!

DeletedUser

So I made a ~100 frame animated map of the current war, and had GIMP crash while saving it. :icon_cry:
Back to about half completed, don't know if I cba finishing it again.

DeletedUser

Super nice. You may need more data (more frames) for nicer effects but that will hopefully come
in near future.

DeletedUser

Super nice. You may need more data (more frames) for nicer effects but that will hopefully come
in near future.
Derp.
It's already 100 frames, smoothing it out with intermediary frames would at least double that.
How about thinking before typing?

DeletedUser

Each frame is usually one day of world. War between moms and the rest is
less than a 2 weeks old which would boil down on roughly 10 frames. Smoothening is adding
blur to observed data which are your 10 ish frames in order to make it look nice so you made it 100. You could take your own snapshots of the world in smaller intervals but that is unnecessary.

How about trying to respond politely ?

Able1234au presented evo wars in w34 in similar fashion.

Derp.
It's already 100 frames, smoothing it out with intermediary frames would at least double that.
How about thinking before typing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You have it all wrong.
I'm not taking any snapshots, and I'm not just joining Nickjer's maps together.
I'm using externally archived data, and actually doing something creatively, myself. What you linked is gifmap 101 level (that required checking in everyday to take the snaps).

You're just a sourpuss, I can see why you have so many friends.