Player Made Maps

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Still a little early but I thought why not start it off with a spread of the week 1 Top Tribes.

oiKRZJr.png

First one in ages so it's not great I forgot it's not ideal to use black as it also manipulates the lines if you select by colour so had to work some wizardry on that bit.
Lastly, if it's confusing between 2 and 10 (2 is SW and 10 is NE)

DeletedUser93439

Nice! been a while since I saw player made maps really. Perhaps you could've picked a different color for rank 10.
I once made a map with 40 players on it, maybe you could pick a color I used. If you have to use colors that are really close together, make sure they are far apart on the map.

In your case I'd have used a lighter yellow for 5 and for 10 a darker. Of course you don't have to, just throwing in a cent

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Thanks Marcus, yeah I felt like they were distinguishable as purple and pink until I didn't (after I'd finished and began uploading). Wow WHAT A MAP, from the golden era of full worlds. You're right though colours are particularly well placed.

Who knows might spark a wave of people showing me up with better maps.:D

DeletedUser93439

It will be generated in a few weeks. Because of the nature of the evo maps it is a bit silly to update them daily. They also take over 2 days to generate onmy personal rig at this point so daily updates are impossible.

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tried an unusual method here that Javanshir mentioned a while back, haven't quite got it down though. I'll probably stick with Photoshop in future.

Spread of the Top 15 ODA Players ( I could but the text there because K45 is being smart with their troops or something like that)

kw0j6Vx.png

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Decent looking map, but would be handy if the usernames were also colour coded lol : )
I do agree but didn't think it mattered so much as top ODA isn't really a desired trait early game as it could mean you were stupid with your troops AND more importantly the program I was using didn't have a colour dropper to pick the colours I had used :D I'll see if I can get another draft up tonight.... decided to do it as I typed so here goes

zfK42G2.png

ddog456

Ive always said it and I will say it again. Never will be another world like World 6 :( talk about Massive wars.. Fighting wars where attacks didnt land for weeks. Just some eye candy and history for some of you new map enthusiasts by a old player (Means).

Just astonishing that worlds now dont even take up a solid 8 continents.

Map-25-08-09_zpse80e88fd.png

DeletedUser120103

A5aJbA.jpg

And a new map
y9w8Rw.gif

And a GIF of the change, slightly different map style but meh, if i make more ill try and keep it somewhat consistent and not too aids like

DeletedUser120103

Thanks meowgic, been a long time since i made them and figuring out exactly how i want to make them still, which makes the gif not look as nice