Players to watch out for

DeletedUser115558

Number of reasons to hate, same times to love....personal perspective but Balian is good at Game is no doubtful.

There may number of post now come but whatever reasons, ill practices or anything else you may throw on Balian for his bigger accounts, be ready to face 4 finger on your side too. We all are selfish .......

anyways You Hate Balian or Love but you can't Ignore.

DeletedUser118341

He's entertaining sure, and I guess you could say good for the game, since people like a villain/someone to mock.

But I'm not sure anyone would consider him a 'top' player(or atleast anyone who know's and understands the finer parts of this game).

Although, you could say the same for the rest of your list aswell tbh. With the exception of possibly 2. Although one of them (Marioss001) that I've never heard of, so it would be unfair for me to pass judgement.

As for the people discussion farming or ODA lists being an indicator of talent on an account. I would say neither. As pointed out ODA COULD be an indication of being wasteful of offensive power. As for farming, as accounts are getting to become decent sized, having the highest loot (or numerous looters) becomes of little importance. If you know how to grow an account, you need to do neither.

Edit: To clarify, you want to be farming decent amounts. But most of the accounts near the top of the list are over-farming, and not spending resources correctly/efficiently for their growth rate atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
LOL I see I getting a little attention here , I been playing war games all my life , most the war games were played on a Board though , I lack in y reading skills , but I am a very strategic individual , when online I'm dangerous , if I had 2 cos to cover the acct 24/7 with me I'd be an elite player no doubt ..

DeletedUser107233

shows how good you are balian with you being solo and still a strong player which i believe you are

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
He's entertaining sure, and I guess you could say good for the game, since people like a villain/someone to mock.

But I'm not sure anyone would consider him a 'top' player(or atleast anyone who know's and understands the finer parts of this game).

Although, you could say the same for the rest of your list aswell tbh. With the exception of possibly 2. Although one of them (Marioss001) that I've never heard of, so it would be unfair for me to pass judgement.

As for the people discussion farming or ODA lists being an indicator of talent on an account. I would say neither. As pointed out ODA COULD be an indication of being wasteful of offensive power. As for farming, as accounts are getting to become decent sized, having the highest loot (or numerous looters) becomes of little importance. If you know how to grow an account, you need to do neither.

Edit: To clarify, you want to be farming decent amounts. But most of the accounts near the top of the list are over-farming, and not spending resources correctly/efficiently for their growth rate atleast.

War caps is the best indicator of skill. If someone can kick another tribes ass in a war then you can bet they're doing something right.

DeletedUser118341

LOL I see I getting a little attention here , I been playing war games all my life , most the war games were played on a Board though , I lack in y reading skills , but I am a very strategic individual , when online I'm dangerous , if I had 2 cos to cover the acct 24/7 with me I'd be an elite player no doubt ..

shows how good you are balian with you being solo and still a strong player which i believe you are

I wasn't referring to your activity. As activity isn't a relevant factor when deliberating someone's quality. Sure, an active account will probably outgrow a semi-active one. But doesn't make the players on the active account any better than the semi-active one.

As for solo vs co-played. I can't say I believe it makes much difference at this stage, provided the solo player is driven (and doesn't work 70 hours weeks).

I would say, the main advantages of solo vs co-played. Come in later, when for instance, one co-player gets a little bored, so can step back a little. Or when something comes up, so you have to go away for a couple of days. Or when actually needing to run 24/7 accounts (or close to) which doesn't come into effect until you have 100's of REAL op launches, or you're being heavily op'd yourself continuously (even then, you can do this solo, with effective planning/occasional sitter).

War caps is the best indicator of skill. If someone can kick another tribes ass in a war then you can bet they're doing something right.

I would slightly disagree with this statement also. Not every war, nor every war target within a tribe is equal. It depends on the defenders and the defending tribes quality too much to say a blanket statement such as this.

Also, who is better. The player who breaks the account, and gets those first 10 caps. Or the player who continues to keep up the pressure (on a virtually dead/inactive account) and ends up with 3x the caps.

Personally, I judged heavily on how someone puts forward their strategy. And their knowledge of situational play (what to do/build in certain situations). Basically, just from talking about TW with them.

The problem with virtually all decent (the ones who actually build troops) TW players, even most of the people 'the community' consider good(or even 'top' in some cases), is that they are far too stuck in their ways. And either as TW has evolved they have been left behind, or perhaps they never understood the game to the level that they thought they did.

You can also tell a lot about a player with a simple 30 second sit of their account.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58259

Depends who they're warring. Tribes that declare on every single food tribe they're eating that get war stats that way, does not mean they have skill.

DeletedUser115558

I agree with eddiecesc on certain points, and same times its not digestible for me how a co-play account get a set back when co-player get bored or some other consequences eddiecesc discussed. It may be possible these thing may happen as i don't have any experience and Hamper the account growth, but same time we not overlook the farming which is key is always much better possible on co-play account, same time village guarding.

Skill of an account, yes that depends upon the players who play on that account, after all its skill and luck which makes an account better ...i am avoiding to call account bigger

for me no comparison in between co-play account and solo account ..both are 2 different path its our own choice.

Okay back to the topic, I think we all come and set some standard to judge an account which acceptable to all, so we all discuss and do our dissection, why how and where ??

DeletedUser118341

I agree with eddiecesc on certain points, and same times its not digestible for me how a co-play account get a set back when co-player get bored or some other consequences eddiecesc discussed. It may be possible these thing may happen as i don't have any experience and Hamper the account growth, but same time we not overlook the farming which is key is always much better possible on co-play account, same time village guarding.

You misunderstood what I was saying I think.

I was saying the ADVANTAGE of a co-played account comes into effect during those times.

Lets be honest, playing the same world, logging in daily and frequently for over 1 year becomes tedious for all players. Having a co-player to cover a little more, while you go through a slump in activity is an important factor when deliberating advantages of co-played vs solo.

Also, as I mentioned earlier. Most accounts over-farm (particularly at this stage of the game), because they have no clue how to build an account or set one up.

For instance. Giving the excuse that an account can farm say 3 million right now, whereas because you are solo, you can only farm 2 million. Is rather weak. As that off-set, provided you know how to set up your account, can be easily overcome.

DeletedUser

Lets be honest, playing the same world, logging in daily and frequently for over 1 year becomes tedious for all players.

It'd might be tedious for people like you, but I've played loads of worlds (not under this name) without a co-player, and I haven't done great but I've had fun against the accounts that have a stupid amount of players on the account and then I hear the account gets internalled a few weeks later... Because people only care about hugging and internalling. More on uk than .net though *Whew*

DeletedUser115558

my fault , i think i misread or misunderstood.. lol, we both are on same path..accept my apology :)

DeletedUser118341

It'd might be tedious for people like you, but I've played loads of worlds (not under this name) without a co-player, and I haven't done great but I've had fun against the accounts that have a stupid amount of players on the account and then I hear the account gets internalled a few weeks later... Because people only care about hugging and internalling. More on uk than .net though *Whew*

To clarify I have played solo on nearly every world I have ever played.

And yes, .co.uk have never been any good as a server, and I hear it is even worse now.

DeletedUser

Also, as I mentioned earlier. Most accounts over-farm (particularly at this stage of the game), because they have no clue how to build an account or set one up.

For instance. Giving the excuse that an account can farm say 3 million right now, whereas because you are solo, you can only farm 2 million. Is rather weak. As that off-set, provided you know how to set up your account, can be easily overcome.

Farming is over-rated, I've been top 10 since pretty near the start and I've farmed about 12mill total.

DeletedUser

To clarify I have played solo on nearly every world I have ever played.

And yes, .co.uk have never been any good as a server, and I hear it is even worse now.

Good. Solo players make the game an actual challenge :lol:.

Yeah it's worse. Like the forums are like africa... Dead.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Depends who they're warring. Tribes that declare on every single food tribe they're eating that get war stats that way, does not mean they have skill.

Well everything always depends doesn't it. There's no one indicator of skill that you can say if this player has something they are good.

Celece

Everyone can snipe, everyone can time, everyone can launch nukes at their targets and get a few nobles after.
Guess what does make a good player is a mixture of

- Ingame Mechanics;
- Consistency;
- Attitude;
- Teamplay including coordination, communication and activity;
- Organisation including playing efficiently.

In no particular order.

Optional:

- 1 1/2 cup (192 grams) flour
- 1 cup (201 grams) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) cocoa
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vinegar
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence or 2 tsp. (2ml) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup (200 ml) water
- 2 eggs

ashoka1

Sniping ,anti sniping, timings,Nuking ,nobling is all basics of this game.They are all either browser settings or depend upon activity of account/player.

For an account to be Great in this game they need something more.Inew my opinion it is the trust their tribe members/friends have in their account,team work they display when needed,ability to withstand pressure of being under fire for months if targeted ,loyalty & honour towards their team is what sets them apart from an ordinary good player to a great player.

There are always some other traits which I might have missed but to my mind these are a must.

DeletedUser115558

Sniping ,anti sniping, timings,Nuking ,nobling is all basics of this game.They are all either browser settings or depend upon activity of account/player.

For an account to be Great in this game they need something more.Inew my opinion it is the trust their tribe members/friends have in their account,team work they display when needed,ability to withstand pressure of being under fire for months if targeted ,loyalty & honour towards their team is what sets them apart from an ordinary good player to a great player.

There are always some other traits which I might have missed but to my mind these are a must.

+1

DeletedUser83995

Surprised to see my name mentioned in this thread, I do not consider myself a player to "watch out for" I am no better then any other player. I have been called a good team mate before, but never a player to watch out for. Thank you for the thoughts though. This world I got really lucky, had two active co-players for start up and a very weak surrounding area. Didn't lose my first nuke till I was already 40k points and never received a free village like most of the top players. Just been extremely lucky so far on W86.