Playing Fair

contessa catherine

Okay, this is my first post ever, so bear with me please. I just wanted to say that I have found the best "mass attack planner" ever. It is found at www.twmentor.com , so that i why i started this forum. This game is very competitive, and sometimes rough, sometimes people abuse their power or lie; but we need to play fair. It doesnt mean that you will let someone run all over you, but I think that we should let our experience speak for themselves.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Excellent Cath! I love your avatar too :)
I learned about the TW mentor site from my Duke AK_Iceman of the W30 tribe of THE. This is one of the best groups I've ever gamed with & they strongly uphold fair play & good gamesmanship.
I hope JPohlman doesn't mind me posting this - it's part of the tribe's general code:

Important: Our Ideals.

- We will not be making NAPs with people we can't trust, and holding onto them for the sake of our honor. We will instead make the NAP we need when we need it, and dissolve via noble when we don't. We will act honorably, but not beyond reason.

- We will not merge into tribes. Period. If a trusted and capable friend wishes to join us, they will be considered on their merit.

- We will put our tribemates first, no exceptions. An enemy is an enemy, an ally is an ally. Personal relations do not supercede this. The tribe comes before the self.

- This is a small, elite operation. There is room for newcomers, but on our terms and ours only. We will never mass-recruit.

- We will establish alliances only with select, worthy groups that are capable of fighting alongside of us. We will honor them.

- We will retain a unified front on the public forums at all times. We will remain silent as a rule, with only a high-ranking, authorized official to make any announcements deemed necessary. If one of our comrades is falsely accused of something, we will all defend them in about one post each. If they are accurately accused of something, we will remain silent to a man on the topic. Ordinary banter should not draw unwanted attention to ourselves; no boasting, no insulting.

- We will keep each other informed of our actions at all times, whenever possible: Who we noble, who we claim, who we are associating with. Sharing information is key to survival. This includes giving full details if we are under attack, and includes consulting leadership before making any drastic move such as re-starting. Additionally, this covers use of the claims forums.

- Affairs from other worlds do not impact this one. Old rivalries should not be resumed, and if another side attempts to antagonize you, see the above dictum.

- We all pledge to be active. If we repeatedly go yellow, or heaven forbid go red, we realize we are responsible. Villages cleared and captured in a cleanup attempt are not refundable. If you must retire, we would like to find a replacement and would like at least one week's notice.

- Above all other rules, we are friends. We play for fun and for our pride and our comrades. We are a team.
Maybe I've just been fortunate but I've only run into a few players in TW like Hrvoje is talking about. One of the things that's kept me with this game is the overall quality of the gamers. I'd hate to lose his incredible site - it takes so much of the drudgery out & the attack planner is the best I've found yet. Please read Hrvoje's comments at http://www.twmentor.com/ & post your opinion here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

me wonders wa was th' drama revolvin 'round't... mine search skills are silly but im tryin t' find wa sparked this whole thing...

i dunno wa twmentor meant by fair play, but if't in regards t' cheatin, bein cocky, or stuff o' th' sort me believe this ol' shell be holdin th' mind that would support't as well. Howevar if't deception, lyin, and misleadin othars in a war game... i doubt thar be any successful tribe that 'ave nay resorted t' such acts... sure liars and backstabbers are hated, but't be a war game and deceit be war's middle name.

Now 'fore anyone tries t' relate this t' RUM, it be nay necessarily th' ideal me follows, fer me i give mo' than words t' get mine message across.