Votes: 23 22.8%
  • A team of coplayers

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Just me, but I'm looking for/would like a co

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Sorry but I still don't see what good prems are, unless for the scripts. Which I've got my opinions on them, but in short term summary.
If a tribemate asked me to sit him and he had tons of untagged incomings and I knew he didn't care to tag them, I'd probably boot him and hand him to the tribe. Premium allows people to tag incomings at lightspeed, hence making the game easier for everyone.

This is a team game. At certain times, other tribemates have to sit you to assist you for one reason or another (please refer to the quote on page 3 about having a social life). Most people will happily sit your accont while you go out and get drunk/laid/locked up (please insert relevant social function here...), but the least you can do for the sitter is get premium installed and install the basic scripts to make the sit easier.

Here's some other benefits of Premium...

In a recent world, someone opened up on me with 2600 attacks in under an hour. First I thought the guy was running a bot to send the attacks as they were coming in so fast. Luckily for me, I had an Unnamed Attack script that allowed me to open all of the attacks in one browser and I had them tagged in just under an hour. It made it easy to see the nobles. To do this, I needed Premium. Imagine if I had handed my account to someone with 2600 untagged incomings. Would I still be in the tribe the next day????

Here's another one...

Let's say you have way too many resources and you don't want to store coins just yet. Being able to put 5 buildings in the build and then pull 3 of them is priceless. Let's say that you are about to hit a noble target but you don't know if you will lose your offensive troops. Your farm is almost full and you don't want to store your resources as coins just yet. Imagine that your nuke hits and you lose your troops. You can now pull buildings out of the build and start building troops. On the other hand, let's imagine that your nuke takes no losses when it hits, you pull the resources and mint your coins. you cannot do this if you don't have Premium.

Ultimately, I have forgotten how many times I have given a tribemate 200 points to keep them going for another month or taken a sit and immediately put premium on it to make the sit easier. Bottom line, if you play this game seriously, Premium is a must.

spending time manually dealing with 1000 incoming-yes thats a waste
Is this a serious comment??
Just asking...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gicusan

I happened to be first for months here and there and I never felt the need for a co-player. When all your enemies are dead, why would one need someone else's ideas in the account? I am a perfectionist so I could not stand a lazy hand around. A good tribe with some able sitters in times of war could be useful but I stood pretty much alone on very hot fronts and done well without too much watching.

DeletedUser

I happened to be first for months here and there and I never felt the need for a co-player. When all your enemies are dead, why would one need someone else's ideas in the account? I am a perfectionist so I could not stand a lazy hand around. A good tribe with some able sitters in times of war could be useful but I stood pretty much alone on very hot fronts and done well without too much watching.

with your enemies dead i assume youre talking about an acc in a world in its advaced stages..
we're talking trough start up:/

DeletedUser

My point still stands. It's quite possibly the worst part of the game, ever.

DeletedUser

Never seen the end of a world (hopefully W58 lets me) As for tagging I just let them all crash into the walls free ODD B*****s :D

ex cultu rex

How do I Play...
With very little effort involved and a handy co-player for the couple hours an insomniac like me needs to sleep
and to be quite frank I'm glad I've never been at the end of a world, 'nuke this nuke that' it loses all originality you get early in the game, clearing villes and failed tribal ops...(not that I've ever had a failed op that is :p )

DeletedUser

well for some people the title "world winner" is important, it wouldnt count if he quit before it ended would it:S

After a point you realize that having already won it, you have no-one to prove anything to but yourself. If you have proved it to yourself, being declared winner by someone else doesn't matter at all. To some people it's important when you have beaten someone to keep smashing them into the pavement when they are knocked out, but personally, I feel if the fight truly ended 30 minutes ago you are wasting your own time that could be better spent improving for the next fight.

But that's getting off-topic anyway, suffice to say that different stages of the game require/do not require co-players.

DeletedUser

Is this a serious comment??
Just asking...

Honestly 1000 was just a number to make a point. The point being that dealing with large amounts of incoming without premium is simply wasting your time on the account when you have an option that will decrease the time it requires. But then again, this still is not about co-players :lol:

DeletedUser

I liked the blog post, and how it was muliti-faceted, not just about the poll...

However:

So from all those who have taken part in this poll I can announce that the majority of these accounts have a single player, closely followed might I add by account with a co-player/s.

Im not so sure I agree with that statement. With 101 total votes: 55 for single player, 23 for co player. This means that single-player got 54.46% of the vote and co-player 22.77%

Thats a 31.69% margin! no where near close, that's "blow you out of the water" size gap! I am actually surprised that it was not closer... I might suggest doing this pole again once a month or so... might be interesting to see who survives!

Ps, not meant as an insult, just constructive criticism.

DeletedUser

I liked the blog post, and how it was muliti-faceted, not just about the poll...

However:

Im not so sure I agree with that statement. With 101 total votes: 55 for single player, 23 for co player. This means that single-player got 54.46% of the vote and co-player 22.77%

Thats a 31.69% margin! no where near close, that's "blow you out of the water" size gap! I am actually surprised that it was not closer... I might suggest doing this pole again once a month or so... might be interesting to see who survives!

well obviously most of the players are solo, the mayority at the top of the rankings and in the centre of dominance however is co-played..

DeletedUser

However:

No, thank you for this constructive critizism-

But as far as I can see I am correct:

Myself and one co-player 23
+ A team of coplayers 15

So the gap is not "too big" Do you understand where I am coming from?

DeletedUser

well obviously most of the players are solo, the mayority at the top of the rankings and in the centre of dominance however is co-played..

Yes, obviously
please correct me if I am wrong, but usually those who are active on the forums are those who are not only active in game, but also fairly good players. This is a broad generalization I know. Also it seems true that the people who truly conquer and master this game have co players (not me on both points). Therefore, just imagine the Venn Diagram, the majority of people on the forums should be co-players of accounts - making the majority of responses in favor of co playing.

Hikeegan999 said:
Myself and one co-player 23
+ A team of coplayers 15

So the gap is not "too big" Do you understand where I am coming from?
ok so I did space the fact that I should have added together 2 player co plays and team co plays... still a 16.84% margin larger than I thought it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

llanowar

You also have to count in the people who solo play a world to give them something to do while the next OP is planned/troops rebuilt on their main world.

I would guess that the majority of high-end accounts on every world are co-played OR people trade sits back and forth so it SHOULD be considered co-played even if it is technically not.

Add these factors in with the forum trolls who show up on every world even when they don't play who could skew a poll all over the place and I have a hard time giving any credence to the poll numbers.

Just my opinion. the Poll is a good idea, but too many external factors and trolls that can screw it up for me to put much faith in its accuracy.

DeletedUser

Therefore, just imagine the Venn Diagram, the majority of people on the forums should be co-players of accounts - making the majority of responses in favor of co playing.

that a wrong statement, co-playing requires (other then the grouping of 2+ people) comunication, cordination between the members and a fit of style.

most people who troll on co-playing most probaly have tried it once(if they were good enough to find someone that'll agree to playing with them), and found that it just doesnt fit them or that they dont get allong with their first co-player, and then keep on hating the option forever.

what people dont understand is that you need 2 turtles to co-play a turtle acc, and so on to the different types..

and lets face it, most people here and in TW in general dont know how to cordinate well with others, its shown each world again and again that the cordinated(or a bit cordinated) group kicks all opposition, cause the rest just fall into chaos..