PMS - the power that never was

DeletedUser

I find it funny that the angrier and more distraught a person is; the more spelling mistakes there are in their posts.

DeletedUser1089

Well looks like Hatred is winning. Congratulations. I didn't expect that... Even if it isn't entirely because of them that PMS is falling, I'm sure they must have contributed a little.

DeletedUser

Just to clear something up, all players that have left PMS either left due to playing time or my (and Death's and Sapphire's) admission that I wouldn't be able to dedicate the time we did to w1 to w2. A lot of the players didn't understand that we were screwing around on w2 and were building big armies to just mess around with. Cultsibi invited a lot of high point, passive players into the tribe and htaed was entirely right to call out some of our players for having insanely bad defense for their points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think Hatred gets any credit for what is happening with PMS. I didn't understand when I joined it that many of the better players were not that into World two but I am not about to quit either just because a few good players leave. I still think it has potential.

DeletedUser

I would disagree.

Wether it is a direct result of hatred attacking or indirect they still accomplished their goal. Either hatred was incredibly lucky in the timing of their attacks or their attacks were enough to push several members of PMS over the edge and force them to quit.

Either way the end result was the same.

DeletedUser

Looks like we agree to disagree then. PMS was supposed to be full of independent players that could dominate their local areas. It turns out that a couple, more like a few, players simply didn't have the force they said they had and were exposed.

DeletedUser

Juggernaut said:
Looks like we agree to disagree then. PMS was supposed to be full of independent players that could dominate their local areas. It turns out that a couple, more like a few, players simply didn't have the force they said they had and were exposed.

PMS still has plenty of time to recover and rebuild. In a way the war was a good thing. It showed you where your problems were and will allow you to rebuild and come back stronger in the future.

DeletedUser

I always assumed people with level 30 resources and no defense were just illegal second accounts, not tards who don't know what they are doing?

DeletedUser137

they are still in the top 40,thats high considering the number of tribes and something to be proud of.
its the weak ones have been picked off anf the strong ones have survived.

DeletedUser137

well not for us but how many tribes contact you saying 'come join a top 1000 tribe!!!'

DeletedUser1089

None actually... if someone did so I would destroy their village I think, just for bothering me with such a stupid question.

DeletedUser74

Omnitank said:
None actually... if someone did so I would destroy their village I think, just for bothering me with such a stupid question.
:icon_eek: lemme withdraw that invite then......

DeletedUser50

Well calix maybe you should give me your game name in world 1 and 2 I would appritiate it(preforably world 1 but 2 will do).
And hostile dont worry my spelling isent as good as my gaming sadely for me but we have a saying....kol kelev ba yomo,ve lekol kama klavim yesh kama yamim!

DeletedUser

Ok, I’ve really not read much of this thread as i don’t have the time.

Just so everyone knows, i am Sapphire in World 2.

I left PMS simply because i never had time to play and was about to quit the game.

I suicided some of my armies on some poor guy near me and was going to give my cities away.

I never even knew we were warring anyone (which shows how much attention i was paying).

It’s the same for Lord Death.

I've not managed to play world one in nearly 2 weeks now and i only give world 2 lip service. I am playing a little again now as i actually missed the fun factor of world 2 and all the attacking i did.

You only have to look at my area and see how much fun I was having. Every single abandoned village (or at least 99%) around me was because of my attacks.

There were a few people in PMS that had poor armies and in truth deserved everything they got. But saying that, most knew they were gambling their survival and were ok with it.

I've rejoined a new tribe when i decided to play some more, but they accept that i wont be playing as much. I'll be staying there until i either quit or they get bored of me :)

All credit to Hatred though. It’s good to see people actually wanting to fight in World 2.

Most players/tribes just rolled over and died in World 1.

Although there are still some stupid players around. One 3k player thought he would attack a village i had recently taken over and lost his complete attacking force then abandoned when i told him i'd own his village within the week.

Then i got a tag team on me last night from 2 local villages from players from different tribes (which i found a little odd). Well one of them thought he it would be good to attack with swords and spears and when i woke up this morning and supported the village with 1000+ spear and sword and he lost everything.....well all those resources he stole off me over night are about to be repaid with interest lol

Being aggressive is great, just be careful who you are attacking and that you’re not biting off more than you can chew.

I suspect he saw a village with only 200/200 sword and spear (never bothered to support it) as an easy target, but when you have 3 other village right next door (and i mean right next door) with 700-1000 spear/sword each and another one 7 fields away with 1800 each its really not a wise thing to attack lol, especially when you have like 100 cav in total lol

Both of them will lose their 2500 point villages as i have to make an example out of them now, but that’s not to say i never appreciated the effort they went to in attacking me.

Anyhow, i kinda got sidetracked with this post lol.

I am sure in some small way that hatred helped push PMS a little, but being from the inside i can honestly say that other than a few people it really wasn't that big a deal.

They were just going through their own issues and settling in period and were just unlucky they had a few players leave because of inactivity.

DeletedUser

so, you still have all your defense while other members of PMS were attacked?

well, about PMS:
PMS had very high point players, but working together doesn't seem to be their strength. You lost a village to FTR in the beginning and didn't send support to it at all.

Every big tribe falls because the interior structure weakens, but it seems that the first time it got a little harder in the game you all gave up. Playing very aggressive, without any defense can work out, and you have nothing to loose except a little invested time, but this makes you a bad player, at least from my point of view. Sure you can climb the ranks with the strategy, kicking all members that get nobled, but that way your members will run away at the first sign of difficulties. The only way to survive a long time is working together. Helping each other. Then a war would have forged the tribe together.

But what can you expect with players like Lord Death, who behave like little children. If you 2 want to quit the game, for gods sake, just do it. You'll be back in one month anyway.

DeletedUser

Why are you even responding to this thread? You have no idea what happened within PMS and have no idea how big our armies are. FTR took one of member's villages because that person didn't warn us until he had 50 loyalty. The people with big offensive armies, also had big defensive armies; the people with horrible defenses were the people that focused on increasing their resource production and completely ignored upgrading their barracks. These people were exposed and, appropriately, taken over.

You come into this thread assuming we all had horrible communication and pathetic defenses. In reality, our core players (cultsibi, myself, Lord Death, and Calaban) had some of the biggest armies in the game and the support to match it. We used our experienced in world 1 to create faqs|guidelines and even told everyone to dl irc and said this would be a main method of communication. The 'interior structure' was in place, what failed was the lack of dedication to w2 by some of the higher up members and horrible recruiting.

DeletedUser

Juggernaut said:
In reality, our core players (cultsibi, myself, Lord Death, and Calaban) had some of the biggest armies in the game

how do you know that? I have the same right to post here as has everyone else. Can't take propaganda? I don't understand how there is no dedication but enough time invested to go to #1. Your excuses are pathetic. And I've seen cultsibi play before. Telling me he builds enough defense is the biggest joke I've heard for a long time...

DeletedUser

The idea of the tribe, in my opinion, was to gather experienced players from the game and form a tribe to have fun and play around.

However obviously some people jumped the bandwagon. And even asked questions like: what to do with the noble they had.

All experienced players in the tribe which was about 40-50% had huge armies and could defend from mid-sized tribe at the point of time.

Even now the massive 1500/1500 military per village sounds alright, thats what most had days before.

However I do have to say that some attacks weeded out the inexperienced players very quickly :)