PMS - the power that never was

DeletedUser656

YouMakeMyDay said:
The idea of the tribe, in my opinion, was to gather experienced players from the game and form a tribe to have fun and play around.

However obviously some people jumped the bandwagon. And even asked questions like: what to do with the noble they had.

All experienced players in the tribe which was about 40-50% had huge armies and could defend from mid-sized tribe at the point of time.

Even now the massive 1500/1500 military per village sounds alright, thats what most had days before.

However I do have to say that some attacks weeded out the inexperienced players very quickly :)

And to cover people who abandon their tribe?

DeletedUser74

*edited*

I think people need to calm down about this.

Theyre busy trying to help the game run!!!! is that so hard to understand?
the other PMS members I dont know much about but they were probly just not very good at the game if theyre all about points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This morning, cultsibi's final village was taken by Hatred. Now, with their final duke on the outskirts and their decline to 200th place, the war is over.

PMS obviously had some internal problems, which resulted in a few of their top members leaving. This meant that the war was much more 1 sided than it could have been. When a few of these key players left (Caliban, Lord_Death and a couple of others) the remaining members were less experienced and unable to hold their own in a war situation.

However, anyone who thinks our war had no impact on the downfall of PMS is delusional. Hatred's coordinated attacks tore apart several of their players, forcing them to leave PMS or restart on the outskirts. Despite a few of their top players leaving anyway, most PMS members left because of the war. PMS started blindly recruiting when they started losing members, but of course these members had no loyalty when joining in a war, so they left as soon as they came.

Due to sharing losses no 1 Hatred member had their army completly destroyed. Only 1-2 of us sustained anything other than minor losses.

So I believe it is fair to declare this war a victory for Hatred. We had a lot of critics and we showed them otherwise, although there's no doubt some will still criticise.

Thanks to PMS for a lot of fun and an honourable fight... cultsibi in particular who was the only PMS member to cause significant damage and to stick it out with his tribe.

Hatred would like to "tidy up" remaining PMS villages. I'd like to please put a kind request in that these be left to Hatred since we are the reason they are vulnerable.

Thanks,
- hTAEd -
Leader of Hatred

DeletedUser

- hTAEd - said:
Thanks to PMS for a lot of fun and an honourable fight... cultsibi in particular who was the only PMS member to cause significant damage and to stick it out with his tribe.

I want to second this.
Cultsibi has also been very noble in defeat. He sent us a mail about how he respected our efforts and teamwork and that he wishes us well.
Not many people would do such a thing, I have great respect for that.

DeletedUser

If we are being noble and honest about it - why not kindly mention, that Hatred tribe rushed into alliances and asked for as much help as soon as they planned the war and war started ?
Meaning 1-2 days before they declared the war ? :)

DeletedUser

YouMakeMyDay said:
If we are being noble and honest about it - why not kindly mention, that Hatred tribe rushed into alliances and asked for as much help as soon as they planned the war and war started ?
Meaning 1-2 days before they declared the war ? :)

We requested allies to help because (at least in our eyes) PMS started agression on us. War was declared in retaliation to several of your members' attacks on myself. Our primary aim of the war was to defend against PMS, however as the war progressed we realised we could gain more by taking out some of your other members' villages.

As it happened, we did not need any of our allies to attack any of your members. None of them did to my knowledge.

If we had just declared war on PMS because we wanted a war then we would not have requested such help.

DeletedUser

Most PMS members did not leave because of the war! Go ahead and think that if you want as that will make you easy picking for another tribe down the line. PMS members who cared about their account in world two were advised to find another tribe. Many of the top members were just playing around in world two and that didn't make it a suitable tribe for people who could do well there.
While taking out cultibisi might be something you could gloat about it hardly seems that big a deal when he was left almost without a tribe.

DeletedUser

Htead, you were able to takeover cultsibi's village because he told us not to support him. At one point I had over 4000 spearmen and 3000 swordsmen in his village awaiting your noble attacks (which were VERY WEAK attacks) and would've easily wiped a few waves of attacks from Hatred. I'm sure you guys would've eventually taken his village no matter what, but it's not like we weren't willing to support cult.

I'm at the point where I blame cultsibi for this 'war' and I'm actually quite pissed off at him for what he did. He essentially started the war, asked for help in attacking you all and then went ahead and quit the game. Upon quitting the game, he gave his villages to you all and left us there on our own. He made no effort to defend himself (something you did quite adamantly htaed, with the support of NUMEROUS people) and went out like a pansy. It's bad enough his second village was my personal farm before he took it and gave it over to you all, but to just give the local area over to you all is just retarded. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid in w2.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I was somewhat annoyed by the people who told us we would get totally whitewashed when they didn't have a clue about us or PMS for that matter. Anyway, the war (or whatever you want to call it) is over so I'll leave it at that.

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity....

How many "players" did you actually defeat?

And how many PMS even bothered to attack you at all?

From what i understand, and of course please correct me if i am wrong, it seems you defeated like 2-3 players and like 1-2 attacked you back.

When you put that into perspective, and then add all the info we have told you in regards to the situation with PMS behind the scenes, i honestly cant see how you can claim a "victory".

Other than taking out a couple of players, you honestly really never contributed to the death of PMS.

PMS was just a collection of players out for a "laugh". It contained a fair few players from world 1 that only really joined to mess around.

Then all of a sudden the ranks swelled as more and more people joined. I personally never liked that, as i knew what would happen when you take people on without really qualifying their army strength etc.

Not a single ROBAC player has ever fallen in world 1, because the criteria to get in is very high. We don’t have a single weak player, which is why people repect us (even if they do dislike us). PMS was not founded on that same criteria so you got high pointed weak and vulnerable players joining. Then when you get a few good players starting a war, you soon realise that after a few PMS players are attacked and lose their armies (not just to you btw, a few of our players lost their villages to other tribes) that your going to lose respect. Once you lose that, it invites more and more people to attack because they think the tribe is weak in general.

Add to that the fact that their was no co-ordination on where PMS players were in relation to each other. Most of our players (not all) where extremely spread out, making support almost impossible in a lot of cases.

Tribes that separate their players into "sections" or "areas" are the ones that will be the strongest long term.

Anyhow, i think your giving yourself more credit than you deserve, but in the end, you guys are still around and PMS isn't so you can read into that what ever you like. If it suits your ego then boast about your victories all you like.

What you did do though is show good support for your fellow tribesman and excellent team work (even if it was a small scale), something other tribes should take note of.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if all of that rambling was a complement or not but I DO think Hatred deserves one. Wether they won a war or not they have 40 members making up the 2nd ranked tribe in World 2. I'm inspired by all of this to be totally honest. I didn't know how serious they were but they finished it up and came out way on top!

*pats all of hatred on the back* Good job guys and gals (?)

DeletedUser

Calaban, I have agreed that some players such as yourself have left PMS for other reasons. I have not said we beat you or Lord_Death or certain other experienced players because everyone knows we haven't.

PMS were climbing several ranks a day and were 5th. After this started they went down and down. Do you think an alliance on the rise would have fallen like that anyway?

A few players such as yourself left for other reasons. The lesser experienced players among you left for all sorts of reasons, partly because they didn't have a clue what was happening due to the war.

Then when you get a few good players starting a war, you soon realise that after a few PMS players are attacked and lose their armies (not just to you btw, a few of our players lost their villages to other tribes) that your going to lose respect. Once you lose that, it invites more and more people to attack because they think the tribe is weak in general.

I agree on this, however does this not mean those players are leaving due to the war?

Anyway there is more to war than how much army your destroy. How many villages we took out is irrelavant. Due to the nature of the game, especially with lack of nobles at this stage, it's hard to take out lots of villages in a short space of time.

DeletedUser

as much as i hate to say it, props to hatred for the teamwork.

DeletedUser1151

any reason why you hate to say this? anyways, good "War". killing is always good. :p.