PNP on w40

Clur

Agent Incognito and Clur
present

Politics and Propaganda
A w40 Production

Tired of threads which go like this?
Poster A said:
Your corrections were not even necessary btw. Fail troll is fail.

Fed up of pointless flaming?
Poster B said:
Jesus you guys sure have big epeens :lol:

Don't get whats going on?
Poster C said:
That made no sense...

Yes Poster C, we agree.

These were all examples from just one thread.

Well folks. You made us mad.
And now we are on a mission to bring you laughter, fun and maybe a touch more actual Tribal Wars in your PnP :axemen:.

AI and Clur's masterclass in the do's and don't of PnP will commence shortly.
Watch this space....

DeletedUser

Rule #1: Get people interested.

Rule #2: Don't make them wait too long, or they'll stop caring.

Rule #3: Gaining peoples interest 45 minutes before going to your cousin's 21st is not a good way to implement rule #2.

Rule #4: Try not to let the forums know when you're not going to be around, as this can be seen as stupid or arrogant. Or stupidly arrogant.

-wanders off to study rules a little harder-

PnP ya's later, w40. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser17769

CoolStoryBrocopy.jpg

Despite the fact my comment was not even in a PnP originated thread.

DeletedUser

Rule #5: Anything written on the forums can, should, and/or will be used for manipulation to assist someone else's point. :icon_wink:

Out!

DeletedUser17769

Uh. Y'know. I teach English as a Second Language. And technically, I can find fault in quite a number of posts here. Including posts by people where they're actually flaming/correcting other people for spelling/grammar. Which is entertaining me on levels that are both hilarious and painful.
Originally Posted by Poster A
Your corrections were not even necessary btw. Fail troll is fail.

Would'nt this be a double standard Clur? When it is the same content. A third party commenting on grammar trolling?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Would'nt this be a double standard Clur? When it is the same content.

Ai's reply is directed at the grammar-bashing individuals, the hypocricy and irony of it and an attempt to actually stop such endavours by highlighting the ridiculement and flaws of it. She rationalized everything said, qoute itself suit nicely in context. 2nd reply has no content and the particular phrase used is often just avoiding to defend a correct statement or personal discredition. Fundementally opposite motives and conveyance. I do detect a hint of sarcasm, though, my dry nature is unable to decipher.

Do listen to these two birds, people. Let's rid ourselves of cliché imagery and single sentenced replies, substituting more entertaining paragraphs and proper appliance of things :) PnP is getting ardeously frustrating.

DeletedUser17769

Quote:Originally Posted by -Alias-
You claim you have all these reports that OUR enemies have shown you... I see none.

Then you say the reports I post are old... I responded by saying that the report above is from yesterday so no IT'S not old :|. Try and keep up here .
>
Matflan said:
There... just corrected your paragraph.

"You have all these reports that our enemies have shown you... I see none" - Firstly they don't show me, they show the world. Secondly, either you must be blind or you don't read the forums because agressive player has been cleared, among boxxy and many others.

You do not know the content, if you do not know the background from the post. Matflan50, added "OUR" and changed "it is" to "it's". I posted a single sentence reply, so that it would not produce some huge rejoinder from Matflan about how it was. It was a indirect way of saying "don't go grammar trolling, especially if you do it wrong", which is why I said "fail troll is fail". Which coincides directly with:
Including posts by people where they're actually flaming/correcting other people for spelling/grammar. Which is entertaining me on levels that are both hilarious and painful.

Ai's reply is directed at the grammar-bashing individuals, the hypocricy and irony

Is that not what I did? On a singular level? He was the only one doing it, so I responded directly. Saying it's not even correct implies that its both hypocricy and ironic.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

-squints eye-

It's just taken me about 15 minutes to work out what's going on here. :lol:
But I thinkkk the quote below is suggesting that you and I made essentially the same post, but Clur used yours in this thread as something people may be 'tired' of?

Would'nt this be a double standard Clur? When it is the same content. A third party commenting on grammar trolling?

Yes?

And you're saying s'a double standard that... I should have posted something she's saying is a 'bad' thing for someone else to have posted? (I am really quite confused, so if m'totally wrong... well.. it wouldn't be the first time. :icon_biggrin: )

But it's not especially double standarded (and ironically, yes, I know that's not a word. :icon_biggrin:)
It would be if she was saying somewhere that my post was brilliant, while the other one was something people are 'tired' of. But she didn't. She merely suggested readers might be tired of reading such things. And m'sure they are. And m'sure people may think the same thing about my post.

I certainly don't find that post of mine you quoted to be particularly interesting or enlightening.

enark said:
Is that not what I did? On a singular level?

Yup. In fact I suspect we both posted such comments for similar reasons - because we were sick of seeing the same redundant flaming. And I suspect part of the reason Clur quoted you wasn't to 'attack' or 'flame' or 'insult' you, but to point out just how annoying it is we even feel obligated to point out other instances of flaming aren't necessary. I know I'm tired of it, and tired of reading posts where people are telling other people not to flame needlessly. I'd be much happier if post like ours weren't necessary. Wouldn't you?

Dun stress the quoting. It's not really a personal attack. But if it bothers you too much, we can replace it with a quote from one of my own posts. Believe me... I have a lot of posts telling other people to quit some of the more pointless flaming.
-snicker-

And it bores me every time I post such things.

Hrm. Hope that made some vague sort of sense.

Additonal: The actual point of this thread will soon be revealed! It just appears that Clur can't stand my presence, and moments after I returned, she was overwhelmed with the need to abandon me. This makes it difficult to finalise our points. :icon_twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clur

do.png

1) use Common Sense
You'd be surprised how many people don't have any!

2)
always be Polite
Respect wins respect. Simple as.
Winning friends is an important part of that.

3) be Creative
PnP is there to be read and noticed
Do something that looks different and makes you stand out.

4)
use
Logic & Intelligence
An integral part of PnP! If you can make foolproof arguments, and sound statements, your opponents will have a harder time fighting back. Readers will also see you 'know your stuff'.

5) remember 'Knowledge is Power'
Posting without decent game knowledge is not a wise move. It will more often than not make you look either weak, stupid or otherwise backfire on you. Do your homework first.

It is always better not to post, than to make a stupid post.

6) provide Examples & Evidence
Back up what you are saying with a sample of recent reports/screen shots.

7)
be
Clear & Concise
Jumbled information is difficult to decipher, and turns others against your PnP. This in turn impacts on your tribe's presence in the forums. Negatively. This is the opposite of what you (should) want. If people can read your PnP and know exactly what's what... well. That's good.

8) use Humour & Wit
Humour can make PnP remarkably more interesting to read. This doesn't mean every sentence should be a joke, but being able to make your reader smile/laugh will win you favour.

9) acknowledge Other Perspectives
Your view is not, and will not be, the only one out there. By being ready to accept there are other perspectives, you're halfway to 'beating' them. Remember - you can't defeat what you don't acknowledge.

No one is ever right 100% of the time. (Unless your name is Agent Incognito). There is nothing wrong with admitting to this at times.

dont.png

1) get drawn in to Believing the Hype
Don't be intimidated by 'veteran' players who know 'better' than you. You'd be surprised how many are average players and can be - 'shock horror' - WRONG at times! You'd be surprised how often you can find flaws in their logic.

2) sink to their level and
Take the Bait
No one likes reading infantile playground slanging matches. It makes you look stupid. Ignore it, and rise above it. It will win you more respect.

3)
Swearor Use Insults
Viewed as the last resort by PnPers who have already lost the argument or battle. (Additional by AI: Will get you infracted, depending on the severity.)
This includes criticising english or spelling.

4) make Real Life Excuses
No one cares if you had to go to the vet with your sister's boyfriend's cat. You should have got a sitter!

5)
lose perspective and
Take it too Seriously
Get a grip.

6)
use
Unnecessary Pictures just for the sake of it
LOL Cats and Fail pictures should be banned!
If you must post a picture, make it relevant and creative if possible.

AI's personal preference:
If you are going to use vast quantities of pics, put 'em in spoilers!

7) make
Huge Walls of Text
No one appreciates walls of text, and the most common response is tl;dr. Break it up with headings, spoilers, and most importantly, paragraphs. Presentation matters!

8) be a Hypocrite
Hypocrisy will be noticed, you will be called on it, and it will lose you credibility. This is especially true when attacking other tribes for their tactics, be it recruitment, nobling, or diplomacy. Before you comment, make damn sure you're not flaming someone for something you've done! (Or if you have, make sure you've hidden your skeletons very well.)

and Remember:
You will never please 100% of your readers 100% of the time. You will be criticised, and you will be put under the microscope. If you can't handle a certain degree of negative response, then the forums aren't the place for you!

Further Reading
Tic Toc's Guide to Propaganda
Tic Toc

How to expose others using logic and evidence; how to be an intelligent poster
burns

Last edited:

Clur

Enark, my point was deliberately to show examples of where the pnp on this world is both tedious and/or pointless, which both me and AI were fed up with, which is why she said what she did with tongue firmly in cheek - to make the point that it was getting out of control. I don't care whether X, Y or Z is responsible. (Hence the name of the posters was deliberately not put in my original post).

Nor do I care if someone's english is perfect as long as the content of the post is above the level of throwing petty insults. This is why we have made this post. Simply to discourage such behaviour and to encourage forum posts to be positive, friendly and on topic.

PnP should be fun to do and fun for readers too.

Last edited:

DeletedUser17769

Im saying its a double standard in the fact you are writing the guide.
I don't care whether X, Y or Z is responsible.
So you are implying posters A, B, and C are?

It wasnt a petty insult, It was a way of saying stop trolling, in a non wanna-be-mod kind of way. And I dont like to be made an example of - in what I believe to be, a false incident.

But hey, just do whatever you want.