PnP : Useless?

DeletedUser

Of course he is right!pkiwarrior is a forum mod! It's his job to be right and if he isn't right then well... everyone else points and laughs... hahahaha :lol:

DeletedUser

More and more as I stealthily, and not so stealthily browse the fora here (forums isn't a word, plural is fora), I find more and more people post stuff to fulfill their own personal agenda, or to argue. I find this pointless, as being experienced in arguing in the internet, I know how to do so properly.

Protip: You don't argue to win.

Discuss how useless discussing this topic is.

As many have mentioned slightly before, the point of PnP is to demoralize the enemy tribe through having the majority's opinion turned against them.

There are of course a number of ways to do it, but stealthily through questions regarding their choices and the consequenses of them is always a good method.

If you dislike PnP, then it is clearly because you are not very brutal. Enjoying PnP is somewhat sadistic and disgusting, because it can degrade a person into being not much more than a dog in people's point of view. Which again benefits the enemy tribe.

Try to keep in mind that swords aren't always necessary. Prove a leader to be incapable of leading his/her tribe, and the members will leave willingly without anyone having to do so much as to even send a scout. After that, simply pluck them apart feather for feather untill they are ready for the pit.

The best of intentions can be twisted into looking like something bad, knowing how to make it look like something entirely else without editing it is the trick. Many can take words and sentences out of context and make it look like something else, very few knows how to do it without removing even a shred of what was said.

Your tribe is always depending on you to be a good example, no matter how it is done. Strenght in your words should always be displayed, you should not care what other people say or think, if you are right, they will come around eventually anyways. If your lying, you will get caught and you will loose.
Even though you should always be brutal and give your enemy no room to explain his side of the story, that does not mean you have to be unkind. You can of course show mercy, it doesn't make you weaker because you know that destroying a persons reputation completely will not always further your cause.

The best part about TW PnP is that there are so many different personas. So many different ways of life and how people view a matter or a topic. Seek sympathy with those who share your point of view, but do so subtle and with great care, for you are independant and your point of view can NOT EVER be turned around.

That is why so many fail in TW PnP, because they know that once they have said a thing, they can't go back on it. Prove yourself a liar on these forums once, and you are out of the game for good. HB showed us that early on in the world. His reputation from other worlds ruined his PnP mission on this one.
Keep on being honest in your conquest of this world. Axes and LCav can only do so much, the rest if left to strong diplomats and great PnP'ers.

Besides, PnP is fun :)
And isn't that what this game is all about?:lol:

DeletedUser

Why couldnt you post that before i made my poor excuse for a PnP, lol

Oh well....
At least i can make another PnP in the future :icon_biggrin:
Using some of the idea's you mentioned.

DeletedUser

Why couldnt you post that before i made my poor excuse for a PnP, lol

Oh well....
At least i can make another PnP in the future :icon_biggrin:
Using some of the idea's you mentioned.

LoL :icon_wink:

The best of luck to ya there sport!:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I have no stomach for PnP myself.

Watching players bend the truth so much that it becomes outright degradation in the form of a crooked middle finger isn't the worse part.

It is watching readers falling for it.

DeletedUser

I have no stomach for PnP myself.

Watching players bend the truth so much that it becomes outright degradation in the form of a crooked middle finger isn't the worse part.

It is watching readers falling for it.

Wrong, you don't have to bend the truth.
But those who have a different opinion on a matter will never view if objectively, therefore they consider it wrong and a twist of the truth.

It all comes down to subjective thinking.
If you have an opinion on a matter, you are not able to perceive what is being written in a different manner than what you wish to. psychology 1on1 there sport.

DeletedUser

Wrong, you don't have to bend the truth.
I'm sorry, I didn't say a TW PnP has to bend the truth. Let me clarify: I'm saying all successful PnP thread that I have witness bends the truth.
For example: Undead vs Kinky from w23(it's been a while so excuse me if I don't remember the tribe name correctly)
By sheer size and members location, Undead could have even sent swordsman to attack Kinky and won. Unfortunately, a few exaggerations supported by some truth caused Undead to completely break down and scattered.

As a third party, it was rather disgusting to see.

If you have an opinion on a matter, you are not able to perceive what is being written in a different manner than what you wish to. psychology 1on1 there sport.
Thank you for giving out half the definition of Cognitive Dissonance. Keep up the good work.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, I didn't say a TW PnP has to bend the truth. Let me clarify: I'm saying all successful PnP thread that I have witness bends the truth.
For example: Undead vs Kinky from w23(it's been a while so excuse me if I don't remember the tribe name correctly)
By sheer size and members location, Undead could have even sent swordsman to attack Kinky and won. Unfortunately, a few exaggerations supported by some truth caused Undead to completely break down and scattered.

As a third party, it was rather disgusting to see.

Thank you for giving out half the definition of Cognitive Dissonance. Keep up the good work.

It is disgusting to see a noob tribe get their just deserts? If they fall apart at a few words that is kind of sad. :icon_rolleyes:

As I said before there is a balance. I see nothing wrong with PnP but then that is just my opinion. It keeps the top twenty tribes in line for the most part unless thye just don't care like....Geico!!! (did I say that out loud! :icon_surprised:) :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It is disgusting to see a noob tribe get their just deserts? If they fall apart at a few words that is kind of sad. :icon_rolleyes:

As I said before there is a balance. I see nothing wrong with PnP but then that is just my opinion. It keeps the top twenty tribes in line for the most part unless thye just don't care like....Geico!!! (did I say that out loud! :icon_surprised:) :icon_wink:

we don't care :O

though PnP can often backfire, like you end up underestimating a tribe or something like that.

DeletedUser

we don't care :O

though PnP can often backfire, like you end up underestimating a tribe or something like that.

Still doing springcleaning Nukey boy?
In 4 more weeks you'll be down to 1 very clean member:lol:

DeletedUser

More and more as I stealthily, and not so stealthily browse the fora here (forums isn't a word, plural is fora), I find more and more people post stuff to fulfill their own personal agenda, or to argue. I find this pointless, as being experienced in arguing in the internet, I know how to do so properly.

Protip: You don't argue to win.

Discuss how useless discussing this topic is.

That is the point of the General Discussions Forum.

DeletedUser

I don't understand how anyone can say PnP is useless.

W39 has already had several prime examples of how PnP has affected things big style.
My personal experience was the flabbergastic incident... resulted in several tribes in game merging under the name RISK and attempting a gang bang, they failed ultimately though.

There you go - PnP affecting in game events, and anyone who can say that gang bang attempt wasn't important, well, thats just ignorant. :)

DeletedUser

If you want to see P'n'P in full swing, go and look at W24. There may well be other worlds out there like it, I cite it only as it's one I know.

P'n'P on W24 is almost exclusively about continuing a global war for influence. The character of P'n'P directly influences player and tribal attitudes in the game.

It's often violent, always loaded and frequently bitter. It's net effect has been to polarise the world in two camps, and it largely sets the agenda for the major wars that occur.

Much of the P'n'P is dire, but if you're a serious player, you can't afford not to engage...