Point Ratio

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
On new worlds they have added a new setting called Point Ratio:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=128762

Anyone know if it has been added to this world.
If not I think that it is maybe the best example of a world which could do with the boost.

What are your thoughts?
Maybe this is a setting that we could get the mods to bring in.

DeletedUser

Even if they'd implement that, 60 days would still not be enough for starting rim tribes to power up enough so they could defeat current rim tribes, such as Dr. NO, KKND or ARG.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good point.
I did think it strange that on new worlds it was 60 days for all not looking at the speed of the world.

I felt it was put in place to combat players who know to a degree how to play & are very active. Based on that it does not work out well on slow worlds (speed 1)

But I'm now sure that the mods who do the settings do not have a clue about what goes on past the first few days of game play.

scarlet ash

Even if they'd implement that, 60 days would still not be enough for starting rim tribes to power up enough so they could defeat current rim tribes, such as Dr. NO, KKND or ARG.

well actually smaller rim tribes ar starting to build around ARG! and Dr.no so really new rim tribes only have to protect themselves from other smaller rim tribes that need to protect themselves, so there is a bigger boost to this then that.

DeletedUser

Having just started this world about a week ago, based on my location and the activity I see of the surroundings, I agree that it would take a lot longer than 60 days worth of protection to be able to even have a chance standing up against one of the established inner/outer rim tribes. Out on the rim area near me, there are numerous 60 point grey villages and very few active players. Most of the players who are "active" aren't.

So while there is lots to farm, once a new player gets to a sufficient size that he has nobling ability, his choices to noble are going to be villages of maybe 200 points if he is lucky. Which means most of his time and resources for the second village and each subsequent one are going to be put into just getting it to a level where it is capable of producing troops rather than actually producing them in any significant quanities. Those from the inner rim area expanding outwardly would have this same issue, but they already have an established troop base and can use that and their existing resource base to funnel resources to any villages they may capture.

If by chance there does happen to be a significant number of well experienced players semi-closely located on the outer rim, they could take advantage of the huge grey city buffer zone to build pretty much undisturbed. Likewise, if they were so inclined, they could also undertake on a massive training effort and use that time before the current rim tribes wade through the grey to create some highly skilled newer players too.

But, still, with only a 20:1 ratio and 60 days, there is no way that a player who just started and manages to build to (2) 3000-4000 point villages and has the troop count to back that up will be able to withstand attacks from a player who has 60,000-80,000 points total again with the appropriate troop count to match. No matter how good a player is, he can only bounce a noble so many times before running out of troops.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yes I can see that as a good point but how long should they give new players joining the world.

I know latter in game you get more points to start with however are they enough I think not myself.

It would be nice to think that maybe at least one new tribe from the rim gets a foot hold maybe 3 or 4 it can happen while the big tribes fight it out in the core area.

DeletedUser

Interesting idea. I guess every little bit does help for sure but there's not much you can do with 60 days in a world with this speed. Anyone know where AZgamer was after 60 days of w21? I'd be interesting to know since he probably did the best you can pointswise.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
OK its been added but do you think it could have been worked out better in relation to world speed not just 60 days no matter which world you join.

DeletedUser

On the bright side, the rim not having any chance will end the world significantly sooner I think :D. Less tribes to battle it out. I could be wrong though :).

DeletedUser

I know latter in game you get more points to start with however are they enough I think not myself.

When I started a bit over a week ago, it gave me 61 points. Which isn't a lot different from a normal start if memory serves. If the point ratio protection was to do as intended on this world a longer period than 60 days might be required. But 60 days is better than nothing certainly. The game makers must be careful to not make it too easy for those on the rim to grow. After all the real purpose is to force people out of the world so that there can be a winner at some point in time. Although, I've yet to see a winner on all the worlds that I've previously played. For those who are curious about what can be done in 60 days, you can see where I am on May 2.