Point Whore

DeletedUser

I am posting this because some people may wonder why we chose to start nobling our biggest player... and some may wonder why we didn't do it sooner. The facts: LittleRude was warned repeatedly about some of his behaviors that were unacceptable to the tribe.
1) During our war against @F-W@ he accepted two targets and failed to attack either of them, choosing instead to noble 4 greys in that time
2) He was nobling into everyone's church circles, stealing everyone's close-by farms while keeping a bubble of greys in his core to farm himself --clearly an attempt to prevent his own tribe mates from growing
3) He never posted or checked claims, which meant he sniped villages several times from other members
4) He didn't read or respond to tribal cms

We discussed it in council and decided to allow him to develop the greys in the core of k75 for us until we were ready to take him out; we've been setting up offensive villages on his perimeter in preparation for a strike on him for a month or more. Two things happened to slow us down; the merge with WHA (and the need to deal with the fallout from such a big merge), and HAWKS takeover of k74 and the subsequant "liberation" of many attractive VIP targets.

We had a thread in the forum with LittleRude's villages being claimed... since he never read the forum we had it posted right there and he never saw it. LOL.

Unfortunately, we had two members who missed the CM delaying the start of attacks and they launched early, which provoked LittleRude into stating that Christians were evil and leaving the tribe. Frankly, I don't recall religion ever being discussed at any point... we were nobling him out because he was a worthless piece of c---.

Possibly I will convert his churches to the First Church of Shatnerology, but somehow I don't think that's what he was talking about.

DeletedUser

Haha fun fun... Every tribe has its pointwhore... Good to see the "point" part being removed from that statement.

DeletedUser

That guy is a disgrace.

Never seen such a useless player.

Useless agreed. Surprising? Yes. A point whore got into the top 10...point whores could go a long way if not kept in check...

DeletedUser

Useless agreed. Surprising? Yes. A point whore got into the top 10...point whores could go a long way if not kept in check...

Hey, everybody has a breaking point. In this case however, it was delivered to him by his own tribemates instead of some enemy. Still good though. But this clearly shows that rank alone isn't an accurate measure of a person's skill :icon_wink:

Rulerofmiddleearth

Actually this is saying alot about DETOX.

Lesser tribes would have kept the guy, just cause he was adding alot of points to the tribes score.

Then again, Domi says he was causing grief to the tribe, in addition to being a pointwh0re, so I guess keeping him for his points only, wouldnt have been an option anyways.

DeletedUser

Ah the sweet smell of peer pressure! Good times.
I don't think anything would have happened to LittleRude had this not have been posted. But hey I may be wrong.

Rulerofmiddleearth

I don't think anything would have happened to LittleRude had this not have been posted. But hey I may be wrong.

If we are going with what Domi says, this was in the planning for weeks.

If we aint, then I guess you might be spot on.

DeletedUser

Yeah, Chase, and after all your complaints about him your attacks on him are noticeably lacking... I remember when you were in (~DA~) and begging to be able to noble him.

We knew he was a point whore... while it wasn't a problem we let him develop all those 1k barbs into villages worth nobling. When it started being a problem we prepared to take him down. In such a slow-growth world you learn to take advantage of things like point whores who can turn 1k barbs into 2500 point villages with academies and mostly built barracks. If this had been w13, it would have been better to noble him sooner. A little patience works better here.

Rulerofmiddleearth

Hehe, I also remember Hellochase pointing out that particular play for me, when he was still too far down the ranks, to be worth noticing.

And I do believe I sent you a mail about it Domi :D

DeletedUser

Yes, you did, asking me if I was aware that I had a point whore with an OD of something like 10... :icon_rolleyes: geez, like I was going to answer saying "OMG, I didn't know that!"

Of course I knew it. And of course I couldn't say what we had in mind for him because the last thing we needed was for him to actually have troops! I did try to point out to him what he needed to do to be a proper tribe member -- in his favor, he was tremendously active, even if it was just to farm and noble barbs, and this world needs active people.

He didn't want to listen to me. Sigh. His villages are going to be converted tot he First Church of Shatnerology; some are going to the Kirkian sect, others to the Hookerian sect, and some strange people are actually Cranians...

DeletedUser

May?

littlerudeproof.png

April 16th. That's a full two weeks before this thread was started.

DeletedUser

And actually we had one that was earlier, but then the FW war came up and we dropped it. and I can't find that thread. But that proves well enough we were planning to take him out long before he formed the tribe Muslim.

DeletedUser

May?

April 16th. That's a full two weeks before this thread was started.

Never underrate the time it takes to put a good plan into action, impeccably. Good play by Detox.
And like i said, everybody has a breaking point. I think this thread just added to the pressure of taking him out. Poor little guy :( oh wait, he's not that little

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Never underrate the time it takes to put a good plan into action, impeccably. Good play by Detox.
And like i said, everybody has a breaking point. I think this thread just added to the pressure of taking him out. Poor little guy :( oh wait, he's not that little

Hey ambi glad your back. Noticed that you haven't been posting as of late. Its a relief to see your post again. Haha.

Anyways all pointwhores have to fall sooner or later. They don't deserve to win!

Sayak

I remember when I was in (~DA~) (pre-WHA?) I told Domin to noble that fool. That was ages ago. lol. But we talked about it, and whats better than having someone grow barbs for you. Evil yes. But as they say its "just good business" :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for admitting it... most people won't admit when they have made a mistaken assumption.

LittleRude by the way has been tmailing me:

LittleRude today at 12:31
I want to be nuberone . but you are on my way with your tribe
can you stop now ? I can back DETOX again
so..we will lost a lot of units in this war . you are my old tribe I dont want noble your tribe members . but they are nobling my village they lost total =12 noblemans and will be lost a lot of noblemans

did you understand ?
This is only a idea .. if you are hungry you can try nobling my villages... or we can stop now .. I can be numberone in w33 with DETOX

Domin8rix today at 14:08
You are wanting to be number one but you have been working towards that goal at the expense of your tribe mates. No matter how often I asked you to work as a member of the tribe, you only wanted to work on your own goals -- so you were taking everyone's farms and their noble targets. You also did not participate in the war against @F-W@ when you were given targets.

This game is called TRIBAL wars. It's not just about one tribe stopping all growth in their main K so one member can get to be #1.

LittleRude today at 14:14
ok np for me I asked only

LOLZ on his tmail -- 1) he hit a few people with what our scouts revealed to be his entire LC force in about 6 villages and lost all of them; 2) no one has hit him with nobles yet because we are striking all of his villages simultaneously at a pre-arranged time, so his claim of having killed 12 nobles is just a little pathetic.

He has to be "nuberone" and I guess we are in his way... maybe we should all quit and let the PointWhore finish nobling all those scary greys in k75.

I wish TW would let me blast him with a few insults in his native tongue... Armenians have no insults in their own language, they use Turkish ones, so I know a few despite being Evil Christian White Woman.

DeletedUser

However on the flip side of things, you've got to say that he does have some skill to make to number 2 just by point whoring all the way. Heck if he stops now and starts developing those villages he nobled. He might become quite a force. That is...if he is given the chance. And my god... The horror of being beaten in rank by a pointwhore at this stage...Number 2 in the world... This is just shameful for everyone below.