Pick your favourite signture :

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Unique Fatality vs Yurtles

Voting will close on Tuesday 7th June.

Theme was defaults

Rules:
• You have 3 days to make your signature. After that any tweaks you make cannot be changed;
• No pre-mades;
• Maximum size: 600x200 (for this round) (If you want to make a vertical signature then flip the limits);
• Entering your entry before the time limit of 3 days is up gives you no advantage to winning;
• The theme for your signature will be selected and you must abide by this theme;
• If you are competing then you are not allowed to vote;

The signatures:

1)
BOTG2.png

2)
awesome_defaults_signature_by_graple3-d3flgot.png

Good Luck to both of you​

Last edited by a moderator:

nindel

Yup, this is a pretty tricky decision... :s

(What was the theme btw? >_<)

DeletedUser

Its right below where the date of ending is ... nublet :D

nindel

Ga- ( ̄□ ̄;)

Darn, I'm blind as a bat...

I'll think over me vote overnight, pretty late now (although I've stayed up way later than this :3)

Repinski

Whenever I go to look at #2 #1 keeps drawing my eyes back. It has my vote.

DeletedUser

Number 1 just has more... Story I guess, number 2 is good but there's nothing particularly attention grabbing about it, number 1 makes you stop and have a 2nd look.

DeletedUser95815

No. 2 gmv. Draws my attention more. Both are very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96141

1 looks better in my opinion.
Just dont know what the second one is :D

DeletedUser

This is so interesting to me, I see much more that I like in no.2 than no.1 yet many people seem to prefer no.1.

Just shows how different we all are :D

DeletedUser

It depends on what you rate them by I think, that's always the tough one for me. As a designer I can see how some are superbly skillful, and far greater as a design piece, however as a "sig" the simpler one may work better due to the appeal to the eye, so it's hard to rate. Do you vote for the one showing more creativity, do you vote for the one that fits the theme best, do you vote for the one that has the best "story-arc" and eye appeal, if someone uses a brilliant stock with base effects and someone made a defaults one from the ground up showing far more skill, but the stock one looked far better, which do you vote for?

It's always hard for me to judge the "best" one, when they are all the best in different ways. I don't think in this case either is better, I think it depends what you rate it on, in each different aspect one is better than the other.

DeletedUser

Do you vote for the one showing more creativity, do you vote for the one that fits the theme best, do you vote for the one that has the best "story-arc" and eye appeal, if someone uses a brilliant stock with base effects and someone made a defaults one from the ground up showing far more skill, but the stock one looked far better, which do you vote for?

Ask yourself: what matters to the client? I don't think you're thinking like a designer, you're thinking like an artist.

DeletedUser

Ask yourself: what matters to the client? I don't think you're thinking like a designer, you're thinking like an artist.

but what if what matters to the client is what the public thinks of it? Then it's kind of back to square 1.

DeletedUser

but what if what matters to the client is what the public thinks of it? Then it's kind of back to square 1.

...no it isn't. That doesn't even make sense.

Clients want to portray something to the public; convey an identity, inform them, get them to do something, entertain and/or communicate with them in some other way. No matter how much effort you put into something, it is a failure if it doesn't function properly in the way the client wants it to.

This isn't design to me - its art - so I voted based on which one looked more pleasing to me. The only 'brief' they had was to use all defaults.

Side note: I voted for 2, because it didn't break so many principles as 1, and just looked cleaner. Its still...extremely empty; I didn't realise 'all defaults' meant 'create a sig with almost nothing as a recognisable focal'.

DeletedUser

I think the thing that you need to remember in regards to this forum is that 99% will never do anything apart from signatures or little pieces of art like these. 99% will never do anything more in their life regarding graphics.

So really all that matters while on this forum is what it looks like, not what it would look like to a client, as we are not preparing anybody here for the big wide world of graphics design, as frankly they wont go into that line of profession.

When looking at pieces to vote I look at the piece as a whole, does it spark something inside me that makes me love it, that is the main part to me deciding my favorite. But in competitions like this I do also take into account the whole skills part of it, what it took the designer make it, how much effort it likely took them.

/my opinion

DeletedUser

I think the thing that you need to remember in regards to this forum is that 99% will never do anything apart from signatures or little pieces of art like these. 99% will never do anything more in their life regarding graphics.

So really all that matters while on this forum is what it looks like, not what it would look like to a client, as we are not preparing anybody here for the big wide world of graphics design, as frankly they wont go into that line of profession.

I know that, but harbs post sparked this discussion. I also think its pretty important to know the difference between the words 'art' and 'design'.

DeletedUser

They're both really good, however for me, No. 1 grabs my attention more.

DeletedUser

2gmv. 1 is massively overblurred. Idk whats going on there.