scaled.php

iphone4k.png

3AMPEf.png

laotf_sm.png

laotf2.png

Good luck to all participants
Regards, Genetic Engineer & Syntex​

DeletedUser

I voted for number 3, out of all of them it was the best. Simplicity and general detail is best in advertising or "design" projects, I think. Smooth, attractive and easy on the eye, which 3 is most like./waits for sexual pun to be made.

samulis

To explain my thoughts- I looked at each from the prospective of a buyer looking at these ads. If the ad didn't sell the product to me, then I didn't like it as much.

1 showed the "product" off excellently and made me laugh a bit. I think it's my favorite, even with the ugly Times New Roman black letters on it.
2 looks beautiful, but the image quality is lacking. It doesn't really sell the product in my eyes... I don't even know what the product is!
3 is extremely well done and professional looking, but I would honestly rather have product features than pretty pictures if I were REALLY looking for purchasing a device. At least put in a selling line like "with 2x faster processor using a dual [cardname] processor" or "Now with [feature here]". :3
4 looks cool, but it sells itself more as a logo design than a product advertisement.
5 is neat, but rather cluttered. Too much information and contrast can distract the eye!
6 is nice, but more could have been done with the text and the focal point is not on the text... when a viewer first looks at an ad, he is drawn to the guy's face.

DeletedUser

3 is extremely well done and professional looking, but I would honestly rather have product features than pretty pictures if I were REALLY looking for purchasing a device. At least put in a selling line like "with 2x faster processor using a dual [cardname] processor" or "Now with [feature here]". :3

This is where I disagree. With an advertisement you don't look to sell a product, they actually did a study that if you try to sell a product through advertising, people need to see the ad 32 times to actively go out and buy it. What you want from advertising is more "brand recognition". Out of all of them, the one that stood out and the one I remembered when I left the thread was the iPhone advertisement.

That's the goal of advertising I believe, it's not to sell an individual product or "deal" but to make sure that when you think about buying something in that category, you think about their brand first. The other advertisements I couldn't tell you what they are for when I left the thread, I couldn't remember, but I could remember the iPhone ad. That to me made it the best.