• Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Welcome to the 17th SOTW

The theme this week was Smudging

Normal rules apply,

- Still no breaking of anonymity
- No voting for yourself

However there is a new rule, the prize for this SOTW will be the
winner either gets to pick the next theme or they get 75pp. The winner can choose :)

Voting will end on

Sunday 3rd June 23:00 (gmt+0)

( This kind of SOTW overlapping will not happen again, trust me :) )

Have fun and vote for your favorite

smudgesig.png

sotw17v2.png

smudgeguy.png

smudgesig.png

SOTWSmudge.png

SotW17-1.png

smudge3l.png

smudgey.png

sotwtwssmudging.png

sotw171583cab3png.png

Good Luck to all !​

DeletedUser

Ooh, some very nice smudge pieces here. I like 9 and 10 (except for the blue thing on the left :S). 3 was good too, but I can't quite work out what it is.

DeletedUser

LOL,I though it was some kind of sword,I didn't even notice the hand before I look more closely...:icon_eek:

Yeah because of the fire thingy its kinda unclear where his arm is :/

DeletedUser

Hmm its quite tough, as Nindel - I'm stuck between 3, 9 and 10. 3 the flame fire thingy may be too bright and makes his arm unclear and is kinda distracting from the render but is still a very good sig. 9 I think is another good sig but is maybe just missing the final touch, also thought something else could maybe fill the left hand side. Also 10 is nice, however maybe the center of the sig is too bright and kinda overpowing, I feel it distracts from the render and makes it unclear, again you can't really see his arm. Despite these things they are still all great sigs :icon_razz: but I still can't decide which so I'll sleep on it :lol:

DeletedUser

I wish I had done this. Could have cracked GIMP out and made one of the smudge ones I've done before (although they are unorthodox compared to these ones :) )

Anyway, I really like 9 :D 4 is good too, but the render seems too washed out

DeletedUser

7 = best lighting and comp. So 7 GMV.
Suprised 10 hasn't got more. But 3 would of gotten my vote otherwise, nice atmosphere.

DeletedUser92094

yes, true.
but it feels like it's missing maybe a render in the centre of the colour splashes?
and if the edges of the splashes weren't sharpened, would be great.:)

DeletedUser

This was a decision between three and seven for me. Three really needs to be smudged over again slightly with a hard circle brush, it's kind of jarring as the render is sharp and crisp while the smudging just isn't. It's a good sig and has potential though. Number seven has some pretty good lighting and the effects and blending are pretty good. The only downfalls I can really comment on are the text which is meh, and the fact that if you're going to sharpen smudging, don't do it a lot. It doesn't work.

I'm too late to actually vote though :(

DeletedUser

!!! Congratulations to lawpaok !!!

Please choose either 80pp or the next theme ^_^​

DeletedUser

Oh I've almost forgotten about the Sotws,lol...
Thanks to everyone who voted for me...:)
How about Flight?Anything that has to do with flying things...:icon_confused: