The theme this week was Emotions

Normal rules apply,

- Still no breaking of anonymity
- No voting for yourself

Voting will end on

Thursday 4th August 00:40 (gmt+0)

Have fun and vote for your favorite

Rejection2.png

[SPOIL]I call this piece, "The Second Kind of Loneliness". This signature is all about rejection. The rejection of society against one person, and the isolation . All the effects point outward from the focal point, not only to create flow, but to also convey the thought that even the sig itself is trying to get away from her, to isolate her from the rest. The title comes from a short story of the same name by George RR. Martin, a story about a person who is alone among the stars, but finds the isolation comforting, because it is better to be alone when nobody is around than be alone emotionally while surrounded by people. The colours are representative of that. She is colourful, but the physical expression of the jacket doesn't reach her facial features. It's clear that she's alone.[/SPOIL]

Homeless.png

[SPOIL]If people look up Oasis, they will see compelling stories of how homeless people are struggling to survive, and they are simply a victim of circumstance. I can sympathise for them, and hence made this sig. Simple, yet that is what the lives of the homeless are. One thing it does not represent, however, is the struggle that homeless people endure.[/SPOIL]

confusionm.png

[SPOIL]Grenade in one hand, pin in the other. Confusion has gripped hold of her, she knows the consequences of holding on, but is powerless to throw it away.[/SPOIL]

hulkeh.png

[SPOIL]Its hulk, he has rage like I get sometimes :)[/SPOIL]

desire.png

[SPOIL]Desire; it ensnares us, binds us, the life-blood of dreams and the heart of anguish.[/SPOIL]

SOTW21awe.png

[SPOIL]Awe - noun, a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder
Awe is one of those complex emotions that is often forgotten about in everyday life. However it is also very powerful, and can often leave the viewer speechless. With this piece I have tried to convey awe through a scene that would leave most people in awe. The mountains have been key to this as they are formidable yet contain their own natural beauty. Lighting and tone have also contributed to the emotion to make the mountains stand out and therefore become the focal whilst enhancing their beauty.[/SPOIL]

emotionstribal.png

Megansotw2.png

[SPOIL]Well let's start from the beginning. My parents were both in a bar, my dad was totally smashed out of his mind and my mom couldn't run fast enough.
Haha but seriously my signature is themed around 'Lust'. If you know me I have a fetish for Megan Fox and since she is a very sexy lady I used her as my stock for this sig. Anyways that's my paragraph as I have to go get my haircut now.[/SPOIL]

hugger-2.png

SotW21.png

Good Luck to all !​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good turnout this week. 7 is my favourite aside from mine:)P), and it would have been way more awesome if they had moved the render away from center and took away the complete symmetry from each side(asymmetry in art is more pleasing to the eye).

DeletedUser

I am really suprised nobody has done a greyscale tag o_O but anyway...

I voted for 3 because it best conveys emotion.
[SPOIL]
#1 Didn't match the concept told in the paragraph (imo). I think one of the main reasons for this was the colours, red is a warm colour and conveys a fallacy of contemption which of course isn't what you told us about in the paragraph. I guess by the addition of green you attempted to change this, however it clashes with the green and in consequece causes a more chaotic/dramitic atmosphere. I think this could of been mildly solved by recolouring the red to a blue, this would of conveyed a more sombre feel as blues and greens connote a darker atmosphere than that of reds. (also desaturating colours would help a lot, but cba writing why, I know who made this and I don't want to seem patronising and such).

#2 Putting sparkles on the homeless guy kinda killed the concept.

#3 Other than the lighting on the render I really like this piece, it by far is my fave. Connotation of the bg lights are good as well as the text! (gj on that). Also I feel the grenade adds a bit more interest to the piece.

#4 The emotion was rage, yet there was no red?!??!?!

#5 Nice concept but the execution could of been a little better; the lens flare for example.

#6 Nice concept and decent execution, but I didn't think it was dramatic enough.

#7 Now this was my second favourite! It looks good and is imterprative, but not quite as evoking as 3.

#8 You censored the nipples. ;)

#9 I think it was a bit vague. But still quite nice to look at, so be it not so emotionally stimulating.

#10 I like how the concept is relative to a lot of people, but graphically I think it could be bolder.[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

GE fails bigtime boi, this is SotW #21 not #20 noob mod is noob.

No u, PWNT!

DeletedUser

#2 the life of the homeless is far from....'simple'....but I give you immense props for even daring to touch on this sad state ones life can spiral into.
#5 well said...you should wax profound for us more often
#8...guess what bg his computer has

DeletedUser92094

I just had to vote for #3, it's like, so perfectly simple around it's emotion! one hand holds a live grenade, the other holds the pin, awhhhhhh, *Froth*
and i hated voting for it, i knew everyone else is going to vote for it, and it gave mine no chance. -.-

Btw, why is the thread title "Sotw 20"? i believe this is 21?!?! :D

DeletedUser81336

Yeah I don't think I'm taking part in SOTWs after the outcome of this one so far....

DeletedUser92094

like, #3 isn't even that great of a sig, it just hits this weeks theme on top of the head.
I'm hoping mine gets more than the 1 vote it has so far but yeah. :)

nindel

As a signature, number 7 gets my vote, but as a concept, number 3 takes the lead by miles.
However, as I feel that this is Signature of the week and not Concept of the week, I voted for 7 which I believe still sticks by this week's theme whilst also delivering a great signature.

Number 3 looks great, I'll grant it that, and it does carry the message perfectly, however in terms of the use of GFX (which it should all boil down to) to make the signature, I believe that Number 7 had a far greater effort put into it to make it an interesting piece. I'm not saying that Number 3 wasn't great as well, but Number 7 seems to show more evidence that there has been work behind the signature to make it as complex as it is, whereas it's less obvious in Number 3 where it could as well have been a stock with text in the background and amazing adjustment/filter/sharpen-blurring ect. skills.

Making a few changes to Number 7 could have made it perfect; not making the render center and not making it asymmetrical; like Zenron pointed out earlier, and also making it slightly less monochrome and increasing the darkness/light contrast thingymajiggy (words fail me there).

Oh, and I like Number 9 because <3

Last edited:

DeletedUser92094

#4 has the smudge work of lucario.
but i believe he is on vacation so? o_O

#8 has the obsession of megan fox so it is quite obviously oscar. :)

#2 has bit of a 'boring' or bland UKC feel to it. btw, it's spelled HomEless, not homless.

can anyone guess mine? ;)

DeletedUser

#4 has the smudge work of lucario.
but i believe he is on vacation so? o_O

#8 has the obsession of megan fox so it is quite obviously oscar. :)

#2 has bit of a 'boring' or bland UKC feel to it. btw, it's spelled HomEless, not homless.

can anyone guess mine? ;)

One of those is right, not too sure about the others :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser92094

Yeahh, oscar was pretty obvious. n_n
on other talks.. i'm still tied 3rd on one vote! o:
going for my first podium! ;D

DeletedUser92094

i LOVE the last one. ;)

HINT*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser95815

This forum seems to have got 100% better than 2 weeks ago. Why does everything happen when I am away, I'm jealous. :)
3 gmv.

DeletedUser

If you're going on terms of emotion; I'd say 1, 2 and 3 are the front-runners. If it's an overall skill in the tag though, I'd put 7 in as a runner too. Too bad (s)he didn't write anything about the tag.

DeletedUser92094

so your saying.. if i wrote something about my tag, i'd pick up more votes? -.-