24ee0oy.jpg

2ce6zab.jpg

2qvrtib.jpg

33w4q4j.jpg

33tl7gg.jpg

Good luck!

DeletedUser

all entries are nice ;D

sigs look so much better imo with a 1px black border.

DeletedUser92094

all entries are nice ;D

sigs look so much better imo with a 1px black border.

They do if done right, but borders usually take attention away from the signatures effects and focal you see.
thus why i don't use them anymore. :|

DeletedUser92094

But focal points are to direct your eyes to a certain part of an image. Borders make for another focal that pulls your eye in many directions. :s

DeletedUser92094

if a border is used on a darker piece, and done correctly. They're very nice. But are quite often not..

Burning GFX

I always use a border of somekind, i think they just look unfinished without one.

King Sean04

But focal points are to direct your eyes to a certain part of an image. Borders make for another focal that pulls your eye in many directions. :s

The border is not another focal :p that's why most borders are fine,1-2 px, like we see in #3. But the actual point of the border is to direct or keep your eyes at the focal and inside the image.

DeletedUser92094

in darker images like #3, slim borders are fair enough, but in lighter images like #6 or #2, a border of any size would just be distractive.

DeletedUser56488

I Agree with Burning + king Sean, they keep you focused on the sig so your eyes don't wander off and it seems to finish the sig off.

DeletedUser

Depends on the sig. Having a black border on a light edge is horrible in my opinion. Ie. no 1's border. A border would ruin numbers 2/5/6, in only my opinion, of course.

DeletedUser

Indeed ^

In first place is Norman the Cat with entry #2.
In second place is Usey11 with entry #3.
In third place is Harbinger297 with entry #6.

Nice job everyone :)

DeletedUser92094

to be truly honest, i thought yours was much better usey. :s