2h58xmw.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

2 ,with the border and drop shadow from 3, would be awesome <3

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
1 - I like a lot as a design sig but I don't get the impression that anything is out of focus at all. Kind of doesn't fit the theme for me
2 - Needs a contrasting color somewhere in there
3 - Good depth, but my eye travels to the bottom first which it shouldn't do in a design, other than that not bad at all
4 - Dont love the color scheme or the text
5 - Confusing at what the artist wants you to look at
6 - A few flaws here and there, text is almost missed
7 - I like it alot, lose the white border its unnecessary and takes away from the piece
8 - Meh, text could stand out more and too much color imo
9 - Again, I don't get the sense of an out of foucs anything - Looking closely you can see it but its not overly apparent.

Overall I thought 3 captured the project best and was well executed

Discuss

DeletedUser

It was between 7 and 9 for me. 9 was a little too dark for my liking so 7 gmv. That's not to say 7 is perfect but it is quite appealing to the eye.

DeletedUser102804

I'm not voting. Can't vote for mine and none of the others fit the theme as I had intended.

DeletedUser

I'm not voting. Can't vote for mine and none of the others fit the theme as I had intended.

Of course they don't. That's the whole idea behind this competition; what each competitor brings to the theme via their own style and creativity.

DeletedUser

7, then 2.
3 is alright but shadow is poopy.
9 is good but I dunno, I just don't like it as much.

7 is super cute. :3

DeletedUser102804

I'm seriously not seeing why everyone is voting for 3. I can't even look at the actual sig because the shadow is so distracting it's all I can see and the color scheme on it is horrid.

DeletedUser

I'm seriously not seeing why everyone is voting for 3. I can't even look at the actual sig because the shadow is so distracting it's all I can see and the color scheme on it is horrid.

Stop being so worried about who's voting for who and just worry about your own vote. If you didn't like it or others, then don't vote for it. At the end of the day it's just for fun though it doesn't seem like you are having much fun. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser102804

No, it's not that. Trust me, I participate in SotW's in a few other forums and I know how to lose, but I'm just at a loss as to why people are voting for 3.

DeletedUser

Only 3, 6 and 9 nicely fit the theme. The thing is, 1, 4 and 8 also show some bokeh-like effects but they are not photographs, which makes it kind of "blurry circles on a background"... and 1 is not even blurred.

That said the colours in 3 are annoying and do not help enhance anything making the whole piece lose focus.

9 is good, but why put "BOKEH" on it? :icon_neutral: we can see what it is about.

Which leaves 6, and I voted for it. I like the fact it's not obvious.

DeletedUser

No, it's not that. Trust me, I participate in SotW's in a few other forums and I know how to lose, but I'm just at a loss as to why people are voting for 3.

I'm pretty sure people have voted for 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9. If you participate in sotw's a lot then you should know that everyone always votes differently so it shouldn't be a surprise there is votes across the board and it's not unanimous. It's very rarely completely unanimous, the winner is usually only by 5-15% of votes.

It's actually something that makes me chuckle a bit when previously something has won and everyone has gone "that shouldn't have won". Even if I agree with that sentiment, it kind of suggests that perhaps some of the typical ideas about what makes a good sig are flawed, when you put it to the general public and they vote for the "flawed" one. The general public will rarely vote for the best "technically". It's always something to keep in mind with sotw's that other designers will vote one way, but the general public votes another.

Food for thought. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Only 3, 6 and 9 nicely fit the theme. The thing is, 1, 4 and 8 also show some bokeh-like effects but they are not photographs, which makes it kind of "blurry circles on a background"... and 1 is not even blurred.

That said the colours in 3 are annoying and do not help enhance anything making the whole piece lose focus.

9 is good, but why put "BOKEH" on it? :icon_neutral: we can see what it is about.

Which leaves 6, and I voted for it. I like the fact it's not obvious.

7 is bokeh too? lol