Vote for your favorite!

Votes: 10 35.7%

Votes: 15 53.6%

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Should make him forfeit lolll, jkjk. It doesn't really matter :) h@rdcore if it's yours do you mind sharing your resources? I am curious how much you did from scratch.

DeletedUser102804

all are good, but 1 and 2 stand out.
like the idea in 2, but i feel that maybe bit more work may have been put into 1.

voted for 1.

Mfw more work. That tag probably took 20 minutes, tops.

Just because you think it looks better, it doesn't mean it took more work; this tag took me about 10 minutes, so would you say it took more work?

f51e55d6.png

I'm just pointing out the fact that because it may look better, it doesn't necessarily mean that it took more work, it just means they have more skill (which in this case isn't very much at all).

Kash2Smash

Mfw more work. That tag probably took 20 minutes, tops.

Just because you think it looks better, it doesn't mean it took more work; this tag took me about 10 minutes, so would you say it took more work?

f51e55d6.png

I'm just pointing out the fact that because it may look better, it doesn't necessarily mean that it took more work, it just means they have more skill (which in this case isn't very much at all).

so you would rather have me say that out of all of the entries, the only 2 which look little neat are 1st and 2nd entries and that too out of the 2, the 2nd one looks like copy/paste work. I was just trying to be a little nice.

not to mention, when i look at these entries, i dont know how much work has been put into them, how many resources have been used and how much effor has been put into. But when you look at the 1st entry, you'd expect nothing more than 1 Garfield render, maybe tops a bg behind. However, the artist may have used a pen tool, added c4d's to allign them with the focal, used lighting and nice text placement, along with scanlines to add a touch of comic to it.

now, if i look at the 2nd entry, there is a pretty good chance that the pics maye have just been placed, maybe a bit of lighting, but tht seems highly unlikely. Or the artist may have just draw and digipainted everything which in that case is amazing but i have seen the potential on tw forums and that seems like a bit of a far shot.

sorry if this post sounds mean to anyway, blame jalwis :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Does anyone actually really care that much about this particular SOTW to warrant this much discussion? :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think there has been some unrest over this Comic SOTW i guess lol

DeletedUser

not really.

I recommend freestyle instead of another shit theme for next week.

I would like to get SOTW doing mostly freestyle kind of themes, and perhaps BOTG doing a bit more specific challenges as its 1v1. I think this could work for people who like both, you can do the SOTW for the freedom and the BOTG for the challenges.

DeletedUser

Does anyone actually really care that much about this particular SOTW to warrant this much discussion? :icon_razz:

Is exactly what this forum needs, some discussion! Though I think more critical comments might be more useful, but I do find it interesting :) Looks like #2 has won, and after seeing the work put into it I think people have voted rightly, I know a lot more thought and time went into it than the others.

Perhaps #1's creator(still going for anonymity ;) will choose freestyle since people above seem to want it. In response to harb's comment on sotw being freestyle, I disagree as everyone is welcome to make freestyle sigs whenever they want, and sotw is always a themed competition (yes freestyle is a theme -.-) which gives people a bit more of a challenge or some inspiration. Nothing will change if every week it's freestyle.

ALTHOUGH, you could always implement a schedule like I think uk sotw has where every second week it is freestyle (I could be wrong here but a good idea none the less).

DeletedUser

You should put up all the themes (including freestyle) and make a poll for every week. Let the community decide.

jamesanddelo2

I would agree with Freak, UK forum doesn't really have that system as a rule but it has freestyle as the theme more often than on here, maybe because the mods have to come up with the theme every week whereas here the winner picks. But 1 freestyle a month should do the trick then have a given theme for the other 3 weeks. Maybe once a month have a large art comp or something along those lines. Something different to create a bigger challenge than just constantly doing sigs.

Doing that should also help improve peoples skills hopefully!

DeletedUser

You should put up all the themes (including freestyle) and make a poll for every week. Let the community decide.

That would get annoying. This is why we did the theme pool idea in the first place, everyone submits a theme and we go through the themes so that at the very least, everyone gets 1 theme they selected.

Since we are almost finished with this pool, everyone gets to select another theme for the next pool (as-long as they aren't completely ridiculous).

DeletedUser

I like the idea of winner picking theme, its nice to have an incentive to winning.

Then if the winner doesn't pick or it is an unreasonable one, then throw out freestyle as a back up.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of winner picking theme, its nice to have an incentive to winning.

Then if the winner doesn't pick or it is an unreasonable one, then throw out freestyle as a back up.

The winner picks the theme from the pool. It's still winners choice, just within the pre-set pool to keep it balanced.

DeletedUser

The winner picks the theme from the pool. It's still winners choice, just within the pre-set pool to keep it balanced.

Right just found the list. There are a LOT of suggestions in that thread that aren't in the list. How about make a new list, bigger and start it off with some of the unused themes from there. One I saw and liked in particular was depression.

DeletedUser

Right just found the list. There are a LOT of suggestions in that thread that aren't in the list. How about make a new list, bigger and start it off with some of the unused themes from there. One I saw and liked in particular was depression.

Sounds depressing.