- No voting for yourself

Have fun and vote for your favorite!

wo2du.jpg

sotw44.png

O00Mtd.png

Good luck!

DeletedUser81336

Dissapoint. Very.
I'm really hoping number 3 does not win, even though it is the best, graphically speaking.

DeletedUser102804

1. Inevitably, we use it every day.
2. Not sure what the everyday item is here, unless you're a spy or something.
3. We all wear clothes.

DeletedUser92094

None bring any wow effect, but #1 is funny. :)
it got my vote.

DeletedUser102804

Shouldn't entry one be disqualified since it's breaking forum rules? This happened in a previous SOTW and it got disqualified.

Not trying to be that guy, but everyone else jumps on me whenever I break a rule....

Extreme content
(go to the forum rules and read the Extreme Content rules)

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Shouldn't entry one be disqualified since it's breaking forum rules? This happened in a previous SOTW and it got disqualified.

Not trying to be that guy, but everyone else jumps on me whenever I break a rule....

Shit is less offensive, even when used in an offensive manner, than the f word. But if you were to post "You are (a piece of) shit" then that's equally disallowed. But to say "life is shit" is allowed.
If that's something you want to discuss, then feel free to either post a thread in the Forum Moderation Discussion or address an elder mod such as myself.

To continue; from here on please keep the discussion off the rules (that are in question here) and on the signatures.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This SOTW especially poses the question of do you go for the signature that best fits the theme, or the best looking ( even if that best looking signature doesn't really fit the theme all too well )

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Shit - is an acronym that stands for store high in transit. When transported in olden days - it was meant to be stored higher so that people weren't affected by the bacteria rising due to the heat of said transport (train, ship, etc) and is basically just meaning manure. I understand your view though, and like previously stated - when used as a negative connotation on someone's work, behavior, or personal situation should not be used.

DeletedUser

2. Not sure what the everyday item is here, unless you're a spy or something.

2 was mine (bit of a quick, dodgy job) but I guess I didn't make the "2012" clear enough. The idea was that given the hype surrounding 2012, end of the world, all that kind of stuff, these are what would be the "daily used items" for 2012. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

2 was mine (bit of a quick, dodgy job) but I guess I didn't make the "2012" clear enough. The idea was that given the hype surrounding 2012, end of the world, all that kind of stuff, these are what would be the "daily used items" for 2012. :icon_razz:

Just to point out, yours has a cellphone, a pocket knife and a torch in it. Idk about everyone else but i use my phone a LOT every day. I use the bottle opener on my knife often enough, and I use the torch on my phone every night pretty much. I consider those to be 3 everyday items.

Silly theme though since anything could be an everyday item depending on the person. How do we know that harbinger isn't a hitman and a gun is his everyday item? Though it seems anyone decent who makes gfx don't anymore, and if someone did it would be unfair because they'd win every week.

DeletedUser

Just to point out, yours has a cellphone, a pocket knife and a torch in it. Idk about everyone else but i use my phone a LOT every day. I use the bottle opener on my knife often enough, and I use the torch on my phone every night pretty much. I consider those to be 3 everyday items.

Silly theme though since anything could be an everyday item depending on the person. How do we know that harbinger isn't a hitman and a gun is his everyday item? Though it seems anyone decent who makes gfx don't anymore, and if someone did it would be unfair because they'd win every week.

It was a terrible theme, which was why I didn't exactly put a whole lot of effort into this one. (Literally under 5 minutes :icon_razz:)

DeletedUser102804

It was a terrible theme, which was why I didn't exactly put a whole lot of effort into this one. (Literally under 5 minutes :icon_razz:)

Mine was already a WIP, I just threw some C4Ds in it and some gradients, then resized it to fit the required dimensions here. Mine was #3 if anyone hadn't already figured that out.

This was the original size, minus some gradients as well:
KgsON2.png

DeletedUser

qft
emoticon-00144-nod.gif

DeletedUser

People complain about terrible themes but it just shows that they lack imagination and determination to make a good piece. Of course mine isn't the best, though I'm trying and by doing this I'm also learning. People need to stop complaining about the theme, and manipulate it so that the theme works for them. Also, I wouldn't mind if the best gfx'ers joined in and won it every week. It'd give me and others a better chance to see how other people used the theme to their advantage. Again, inspiring me to create better pieces. Students use paper a lot, I think some people could have made an awesome piece using a paper areoplane, clouds etc... I dunno. Eitherway, quitchabitchan

DeletedUser

[spoil]
People complain about terrible themes but it just shows that they lack imagination and determination to make a good piece. Of course mine isn't the best, though I'm trying and by doing this I'm also learning. People need to stop complaining about the theme, and manipulate it so that the theme works for them. Also, I wouldn't mind if the best gfx'ers joined in and won it every week. It'd give me and others a better chance to see how other people used the theme to their advantage. Again, inspiring me to create better pieces. Students use paper a lot, I think some people could have made an awesome piece using a paper areoplane, clouds etc... I dunno. Eitherway, quitchabitchan
[/spoil]

I know right, if all the veteran gfx'ers would comeback it would be really fun competition! I can't join as I'm to busy atm.

I'll probably start participating every single competition once I'm done with all these requests. --'

DeletedUser

I look forward to it aqueel. I have a good theme in mind which hasn't been used yet. Not sure if it will be allowed, though I don't see why not. Would be good to see if we can get 10 people to participate, if not more.

DeletedUser

Congratulations to Chimecho, who comes in first place with entry #1.
Tied for second are Harbinger297 and Jalwis207 with entries #2 and #3 respectively.

Congratz everyone :)

DeletedUser

People need to stop complaining about the theme, and manipulate it so that the theme works for them.

Most people would respond to this by saying: "How about I just go do something I actually enjoy instead of trying to participate in a crappy theme which doesn't interest me or most people (or anyone) at all."

Gotta love a theme which gives absolutely no freedom what-so-ever and isn't enjoyable at all. This isn't a "job", people aren't paid for this or anything, there is no reason why people should have to "put up" with things they don't enjoy in a recreational forum. It defeats the purpose.

I only entered so that we could actually get it out of the way (as I don't think anyone else was entering). It was far from a fun theme and doesn't fit signature making at all. It would be better for a photography or "art" competition, not signature making.

DeletedUser

I understand what your saying. Though I think it's more of how you perceive it.

Gotta love a theme which gives absolutely no freedom what-so-ever and isn't enjoyable at all.

I think this is a bit of an over statement. A majority of themes have plenty of options if you use your imagination. For instance, I'd consider pen and paper to be daily used items. Therefore I think somebody could made a very good signature from an origami stock/render. Perhaps a paper warriors fighting a paper dragon off with a pen. I'm not sure, but I think my point stands in stating that people need to find a way to make the theme work for them. I'd imagine that would also make it more enjoyable. Of course, some people will try say your signature doesn't match the theme. But who cares if your having fun.

This isn't a "job", people aren't paid for this or anything, there is no reason why people should have to "put up" with things they don't enjoy in a recreational forum. It defeats the purpose.

It's not a job, though some people here are hoping to make it a job. You can't tell your boss, sorry I don't like the theme, I'm not doing it. (you can, but it probably won't go down to well). I understand that some people don't want to do it, and they may not enjoy it. But if people instinctly go for the negative view, witout even giving it a thought, It's quite pointless in it's self. Also, people may create some pretty epic things which could be put into a portfolio etc... You may not get paid, but you'd be doing something you enjoy.

I don't want to sound like I'm forceing people to compete in Sotw... I'm just not a great fan of all the negativety of a majority complaining about the theme etc... Even when we suggest themes and we use them themes, people still seem to dislike it. I'm not great at graphics, and I'm quite lazy. So I'd be contradicting my self if I were to say I'd be entering every sotw. I would just like to see some nice pieces which people have made from thinking out side the box.