vyqq6b.jpg

vf1ub.jpg

szyhyq.jpg

2rpcspl.jpg

2zq7zwo.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56488

I Really like 2 but Im just wondering what emotion is it supposed to be?

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
1 I have no idea what the text says - or the emotion I'm supposed to feel with this one. Doesn't do the job
2 Pretty signature - but like usey - i have no idea what its portraying. I really would like these competitions to be a little more strict. Nice pictures with little relevance dont belong. No offending the artist personally but its a common thing with these contests.
3 I loved this game - Its a cool sig
4 The sig and the effects dont match
5 What is it the homeless have that everyone needs? Its not shoes. Missed the mark on this one with the statement. Had the statement been a little more desperate I would have liked it but most homeless people are not happy, dont believe the hype
6 Awesome picture - too much text, and the blur behind it was unnecessary.
7 Its messy... I like the color usage, the feel, alot about it so it gmv - but its still messy

I dont love any of these but at the same time Im not going to be pretentious and "not vote" - 7 gmv because it was the best of what was offered

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've voted for 5.

Simply because, the colour-scheme is by far the most effective for the emotion that appears to be being displayed (it comes across as down-hearted, but with a suggestion of hope which the text effectively gives if I interpreted it correctly).

Others:

1. It's impossible for me to get any feeling of emotion from the image - as UBM said, the text is impossible to read.
2. Again, no emotion portrayed from the image itself.
3. I don't feel any sort of desperation being portrayed by the image - it just doesn't work for me, and the text is the only way I knew what the emotion was meant to be.
4. As UBM said, the effects don't work for me - it distracts from the image too much, so again no emotion portrayed in my eyes.
6. After 5, this would be my favourite one. A relatively unusual style chosen. The problem for me was that someone with blood running down their face doesn't suggest heartache, so the text for me contradicts the message of the image.
7. This was an interesting one, but I found that it is too hard to see any form of expression as there was too much darkness over the bodies. This would have definitely gotten my vote, had it gotten just a little more visibility. It's the only one other than 5 that truly expresses feeling from my perspective.

It seems like a tough SOTW theme choice :p

DeletedUser

2 GMV. Noticed some people commented on it's lack of "emotion" but imo the piece connotes ecstacy via its use of colours and composition; and that it did so more effectively than the other signatures. Now i've said this some people will probably question - mentally/physically - whether ecstacy is an emotion, but defining an emotion is rediculous when all of them are freely interpreted concepts and most of the time are synonyms of feeling's etc. o_O

DeletedUser

kinda dissapointed by the entries this week ;s
But yh 2 gmv.. Not really good but the best of the bunch in my opinion. :)

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Seeing as that one of the signatures had a word we do not allow on this forum in any form or shape I am forced to disqualify it. We're sorry that it was noticed well after it should have been noticed, but as the (now deleted) conversation between Jeremyleite and Arcanine would show, it wasn't easily readable to catch on before having it posted.

Jalwis, please let me know where you'd like your vote to go towards.

(it was deleted as it would practically spell out what it said)

Last edited:

DeletedUser81336

Yo MF,you're allowed to use Rick inplace of said unsayable word correct?

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't resemble the word in question to a point where it's too obviously there to replace said word, then that is fine. But if you want a more specific explanation feel free to PM me an example.

edit; I wouldn't randomly choose words to replace words that aren't allowed, since with many people their first and second choices for a replacement are well too close to the word they're trying not to say.

Last edited:

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This weeks number three is yurtles with 5 votes, outrunning yurtles with 8 votes is usey11. But well in front of the pack there is Jalwis2007 with 16 votes.

Congratulations