- Still no breaking of anonymity
- No voting for yourself

Have fun and vote for your favorite!

358v11d.jpg

161kpy.jpg

a11wev.jpg

2it4suq.jpg

[spoil]Title: Turned in Ice
Explanation: The ice is coming and is going to freeze the whole world.

To make it more clear, a little zoom on that polar bear you see:
29by3py.png

[/spoil]

Good luck!

DeletedUser

None of them were particularly good to be honest, however number 1 had boobs, so... That's a good enough reason for me. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Seriously, 4 is a DigiPaint, which requires A LOT more skill than all the other ones.

Hope you guys don't get persuaded by the boobs or something, cuz 4 is way better ;)

DeletedUser102804

Mine was supposed to be animated, but the rule (or lack thereof) made it so my non-animated entry was used instead.

DeletedUser

Seriously, 4 is a DigiPaint, which requires A LOT more skill than all the other ones.

Hope you guys don't get persuaded by the boobs or something, cuz 4 is way better ;)

While I certainly couldn't draw it, it doesn't make it a better "signature" in my opinion. That would be better for a defaults round or an "art" competition as opposed to "signature of the week". As far as signature specs go it's not that great, regardless of the effort and skill involved.

If I submitted a brilliant song I wrote to a cooking competition, should I win because the song was good? That's how I see it.

DeletedUser

Entry 4 is pretty awesome O.O Was it downscaled for tag size? If so I'd love to see it bigger when the comp is over.

DeletedUser

While I certainly couldn't draw it, it doesn't make it a better "signature" in my opinion. That would be better for a defaults round or an "art" competition as opposed to "signature of the week". As far as signature specs go it's not that great, regardless of the effort and skill involved.

If I submitted a brilliant song I wrote to a cooking competition, should I win because the song was good? That's how I see it.

Difference that this is a tag, and it requires A LOT more skill than all the other tags. So this is a relatively good song submitted for a singing competition, where the skill required for this song is better than the skill for the other songs...

DeletedUser

Difference that this is a tag, and it requires A LOT more skill than all the other tags. So this is a relatively good song submitted for a singing competition, where the skill required for this song is better than the skill for the other songs...

The use of tools is only part of what makes a good signature in my personal opinion. If you were to look at other aspects of it, the dimensions are horrible from the resizing, the lighting is bad, there is no focus, etc etc.

I think all of the others were visually more appealing. I'm not saying that it was a bad piece, I just would not consider it a good signature, this is why we have a "large art of the fortnight" competition and a "signature of the week" competition, though I do suppose given that it was a freestyle theme; anything goes.

However I think the fact that it did not get many votes until it was pointed out that it was a digi-paint should speak for itself. The others are more visually appealing, however people stopped looking at the visuals when this was pointed out. That is the part I dislike, I believe it should be about the end result, not the process, I also think it is slightly unfair on the others that it having it's own caption and the like. Perhaps in the future I will start adding my own caption and design process to things, perhaps step-by-step walkthroughs and layer counts/time spent, etc.

(I didn't enter this week, so I have no personal stake in it. Just my observers opinion.)

DeletedUser

Everyone can add an explanation I guess :)
And it's just a zoom, not a walktrough

DeletedUser102804

Just because it's a digipaint doesn't necessarily mean that it took more time and required more skill. Honestly, I made this thing in C4D and I've been asked how long I've been making C4Ds and how long this project took:

z7TuMw.png

Now, I really only spent 15 minutes on it and this was the third or fourth time I've ever even opened the program, and the second project I've made. People were actually quite surprised to find that out and said that they figured it had been hours and that I'd done pieces before.

So, back to that dp; it's very low quality, and there's not much going on in it. It's a landscape (a barren one, which is quite simplistic) with a polar bear, some guy with a staff, and a couple of floating islands (original much?). If you want to see some real DPs, take a look at Simplicata's deviantART gallery. Also, a friend of mine makes tags completely from scratch and uses no stocks, renders, C4Ds, or Fractals. She makes all of her own resources and hand-draws everything.
colours.png

Idk, I'm rambling, but I dislike it when people consider one type of art form superior to another; you can't compare a sculpture to a pie, you know?

DeletedUser

@jalwis: no offence, but that signature of your 'friend' isn't a dp.. it's just smudge, except for the character ofcourse ;)

And if you're talking about simplicita's artworks.. you might want to ask him how long he's digipainting already (a)

DeletedUser102804

@jalwis: no offence, but that signature of your 'friend' isn't a dp.. it's just smudge, except for the character ofcourse ;)

Apparently you didn't read the entire thing. And that's not smudging, pal. I watched her make it.

DeletedUser

In first place is Jalwis2007 with entry #2!
In second place is King Sean04 with entry #1.
In third place is Napoli-ThaBosz. with entry #4.

Congratulations all :)