[POLL] SOTW - Vector

Vote for your favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Sean04

How ignorant are you? It is Guy Fawkes. His face didn't look like that, he wore that mask. Saying it's V for Vendetta just makes you look dumb.

Pot calling the kettle black... :lol:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It is from V for Vendetta. The concept of the film V for Vendeta was somewhat based on guy himself, however the mask and everything isn't relative to guy fawkes. There is an old tradition of wearing masks on bonfire night to celebrate his attempt to change parliment whilst like fawkes trying to keep your identity safe, hence where the mask came from, but still it has nothing to really do with guy himself.

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished."

Movie quote jus for the crack ^ :3

Maybe don't randomly call people ignorant in future eh?

DeletedUser100345

It is from V for Vendetta. The concept of the film V for Vendeta was somewhat based on guy himself, however the mask and everything isn't relative to guy fawkes. There is an old tradition of wearing masks on bonfire night to celebrate his attempt to change parliment whilst like fawkes trying to keep your identity safe, hence where the mask came from, but still it has nothing to really do with guy himself.

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished."

Movie quote jus for the crack ^ :3

Maybe don't randomly call people ignorant in future eh?
imo it's a question of a symbol
v is just an invented movie[E:/ story^^], but guy fawkes is a symbol for movements like
occupy wallstreet or anonymous
thatswhy you' re maybe right that the stock is from v
but the idea is from guy fawkes
Guy_Fawkes_Emoticon_by_murderslastcrow.gif

btw the real face of guy fawkes is similar to the one of the mask

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How ignorant are you? It is Guy Fawkes. His face didn't look like that, he wore that mask. Saying it's V for Vendetta just makes you look dumb.

Now that hurts, you have insulted both my knowledge of history and my knowledge of films, and by using the word ignorant you are implying that I am uneducated. More fool you sir, I respected you for your work on your bokeh SOTW entry (I felt it was the closest to a bokeh image), but that respect is diminishing if you continue to insult me. I don't believe I have ever been so starkly insulted by another designer before. Do some research and choose your words carefully next time you try to belittle someone.

DeletedUser81336

You just made yourself look like an utter fool.

DeletedUser102804

How ignorant are you ? It is V for Vendetta ..... the artist himself says it is ¬_¬ Saying it isn't makes you look dumb

EDIT :
Artist has just supplied me with the stock used :

[SPOIL]
d21wi.jpg
[/SPOIL]

How can they supply you with the stock without breaking anonymity? You know who made it now.

DeletedUser

Aww, Jal thinks we actually have anonymity in this competition :lol:

DeletedUser

How can they supply you with the stock without breaking anonymity? You know who made it now.

How ignorant are you? It is Genetic Engineer. He can know and not know something at the same time. The artist could be himself, or he could be Guy Fawkes claiming he is V for Vendetta. People use many different names. Also, the artist could be a wearing a mask so his face totally doesn't look like his face, to maintain anonymity.

Seriously though... if GE already voted, what difference does it make? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser102804

You just made yourself look like an utter fool.

I realize that now. I did some research and have further educated myself on the fictitious story of "V For Vendetta."

I apologize for calling you ignorant, phlipster.

DeletedUser

I know everything my friend ... deal with it.

Bless :lol:

How ignorant are you? It is Genetic Engineer. He can know and not know something at the same time.

Seriously though... if GE already voted, what difference does it make? :icon_rolleyes:

Well not to brag, but I am pretty awesome :icon_rolleyes:

Well seeing as I was reprimanded more than twice for breaking the anonymity in the "Hope" SotW...

After the first time you didn't think to stop ? Seriously man ... breaking anonymity is serious business :/

DeletedUser102804

I'm so glad that I participate in other forums, because I can see myself being banned from here in the near future.

Not to insult any of you, and this doesn't apply to all, but some of you guys are quite the "I'm all-mighty" pricks. You wouldn't survive in forums that require everything to be PG.

DeletedUser

I'm so glad that I participate in other forums, because I can see myself being banned from here in the near future.

Not to insult any of you, and this doesn't apply to all, but some of you guys are quite the "I'm all-mighty" pricks. You wouldn't survive in forums that require everything to be PG.

Probably for the best :S
I wouldn't want to be on a forum where I have to have parental guidance :/ Could get annoying after a while.

DeletedUser

You should try PR, that is 20 times worse for people with ego's. Don't think even Adellion on the uk server could match them for an ego :D

Most of us can easily survive on a "PG" forum, we simply adapt our persona slightly and use the language that we use in RL when talking to a colleague or an acquaintance (or even a distant family member). Adapting is the easiest way to learn, I'm on a graphics forum where they do not tolerate trolls and foul language, and the atmosphere there is great. Being there has helped me to learn and to develop my graphics skills, knowing that there will be constructive criticism on my work instead of just having someone flame it or try to grade it. A forum can easily be divided by having people and their art being continuously graded. It is basically a way to create snobs at the top and new/learning designers shoved to the bottom of the pile which can be really demoralising.

That is why I enjoy it here, I can relax a bit whilst still knowing that I can receive constructive comments and have healthy debates with others. The TW forums are neither too restrictive or too open, although I know others will debate that :D

DeletedUser

The artist could be himself, or he could be Guy Fawkes claiming he is V for Vendetta. People use many different names. Also, the artist could be a wearing a mask so his face totally doesn't look like his face, to maintain anonymity.
There is only one explanation, the Yoda, who I though he's a sand fairy is actually the V, that's how he knows everything.

At least the person behind that mask is anonymous, he could be V or someone pretending to be him, or is he GE too?

IMO we don't need anonymity after all; people will vote for better works anyway, but with the current system creators doesn't have the chance to talk about their works, truth is after SOTW not many talk about works anymore.