[POLL] Tutorials Sub-forum ?

Pick :

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Sorry - wen't a-bit OTT. I apologize Yurtles and Lucario. I'm not exactly against it, I just find the other option more suited.

350 spoilers with 600x2000 (at minimum) images inside each.
Mmhmm.

DeletedUser

350 posts with 600x2000 (at minimum)

Sounds more realistic to me to do threads.
Editing one post/thread everytime someone finds something new to share sounds like a hassle to me.

Plus, it's a lot easier to discuss/post outcomes if they have separate thread.

nindel

Present. We've been at that stage too. After Rauly departed the GFX's forums were very quiet here as-well.
But once, UK flourished.

The main reason due to UK's death was that it lost a huge chunk of its regular forum personalities and gave a very bad image for itself.

The Draconian rule the mods seem to be emulating didn't help and reduced UK now to a bit of a troll-stopping station, with the occasional visit from a few regulars keeping it on life-support.

I'm not going to make too many comments on how UK should be run, but it definitely wasn't run well enough.

It did flourish once, but then it decided an heroing was a pretty cool thing.

DeletedUser

Well first he'd have to run it by Morthy. With the Sticky's he wouldn't & the amount of tutorials sent in, it'll not be major issue of activity.

Spoiler? So about 40 tuts won't be that long of a scroll and if titled you'll find your one straight away, without opening all.

Confusion for those first time viewers? The title is tutorials - they've got titles on each tutorial. What can you not get about it?

We tried a thread once, it died, miserably .....

@Nindel - I agree, the UK forums are to strict, and as a result lose many of their members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I got banned in the UK forums as soon as I signed up a while back. They said my name was offensive.

OT: Sub-forum > Thread any day.

DeletedUser

Having a sub forum for tutorials would be very useful. A system could be set up whereby the tutorials are given a difficulty rating such as easy, medium and advanced (these can be placed in the title of the thread). By having a system that allows us to know which diificulty a tut is then there would be no arguing as to the level of the tut. It would be the perfect place for new people to get into graphics, and will most likely encourage us as designers to share the tuts that we learn't from when we first started out. Furthermore it will generally help us to advance ourselves, as we find new tips and tricks to make our work just that little bit better. It may also give others the incentive to make some guides as well, I know that I would probably make some guides especially for those starting out in graphics and use gimp :)

DeletedUser

Yeah, tutorials would be needed to be aproved by a mod before they were posted, otherwise you would have people writing tutorials when they are beginners themselves and labeling them advanced. (seen this lots of times >.<)
But then what would they be rated on? Difficulty to follow ? Or Outcome ?

DeletedUser

I have contacted leadership, but the leadership regarded is currently not available, I think in the next 3-4 days they will be so I can get back to you all then :)

nindel

*waits in anticipation whilst twiddling thumbs*

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

DeletedUser

I think that they should be rated on difficulty to follow, outcome and skills/knowledge required in the tutorial.

DeletedUser

Only if I still get sticky lol its my only stickied thread :3 even if it is pretty rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.