[POLL] Tutorials Sub-forum ?

Pick :

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But If i wanted to add all of my tutorials, then he would have to sticky them, and label them appropriately.

And if you saw 50 tutorials in one thread, spoilered or not, where would you look to find the one you wanted? The titles will just be the same, and the tutorials down the end won't be as used as the one up the top, whereas the better tutorials will constantly get bumped, hence they will rise to the surface.

And yeah, which tutorial to start with on a thread of 50 can be confusing.

Obviously tutorials will be marked by which designer made then, what they show-off. If the better ones will "always" get bumped as you state, then it'd just be the same as the forum we've instated now. Just with a bigger menagerie.

With a tutorial thread of 50, a beginner can become an expert.

DeletedUser

Imo, a subforum would be alot easier to transverse than the tut thread we have now. Especially for new people.

I barely visit the tut thread, but I'd sure check out the sub-forum if something happened cause I'd feel like there'd be more importance placed on tuts than having them all crammed into one thread :/

The only reason you don't visit the tutorial thread is because barely any material gets posted there these days. If a sub-forum is created, it'd dry up quickly without major contribution off someone. If we place it in a thread and stick it, it'll always be there for handy use.

DeletedUser

The only reason you don't visit the tutorial thread is because barely any material gets posted there these days. If a sub-forum is created, it'd dry up quickly without major contribution off someone. If we place it in a thread and stick it, it'll always be there for handy use.
it wouldnt die, i'd be willing too link 5 tuts every day

DeletedUser

It'll always be there if it is another subforum anyway....

Besides, it'll encourage more posters, and hence more visitors

DeletedUser

what's wrong with not wanting people who don't graphics to vote??? it only makes sense

It's like saying anyone who's not a political doesn't get a vote in an election. This is more about format then graphics. It doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

It'll always be there if it is another subforum anyway....

Besides, it'll encourage more posters, and hence more visitors

Hmm, maybe - but I cannot see it really. We've got about 10-15 designers. Only 5-8 of them can be bothered to make tutorials.

DeletedUser

It's like saying anyone who's not a political doesn't get a vote in an election. This is more about format then graphics. It doesn't make sense.
people who dont do graphics wouldnt know what to vote for and would end up making the wrong decision and screwing up a poll like this one

DeletedUser

people who dont do graphics wouldnt know what to vote for and would end up making the wrong decision and screwing up a poll like this one

You're saying because I'm a novice at Graphics. I'm an idiot at formatting? I know how active you all are, I ran a shop with half the designers in here. Including you.
I know that a sub-section will be too unneeded as there is not nearly enough activity. It'll dry up like UK did.

DeletedUser

You're saying because I'm a novice at Graphics. I'm an idiot at formatting? I know how active you all are, I ran a shop with half the designers in here. Including you.
I know that a sub-section will be too unneeded as there is not nearly enough activity. It'll dry up like UK did.
the .co.uk tutorials forum is dead because there whole forum has about 3 members who are interested in graphics

DeletedUser

the .co.uk tutorials forum is dead because there whole forum has about 3 members who are interested in graphics

Present. We've been at that stage too. After Rauly departed the GFX's forums were very quiet here as-well.
But once, UK flourished.

DeletedUser

Why are you so against it? What's wrong with archiving the tutorials in one place? It doesn't have to be active in it, people can just look through it whenever they need to, no-one has to post in it at all besides adding new tutorials...? It's just a reference point, like a library.

DeletedUser

Why are you so against it? What's wrong with archiving the tutorials in one place? It doesn't have to be active in it, people can just look through it whenever they need to, no-one has to post in it at all besides adding new tutorials...? It's just a reference point, like a library.

Sorry - wen't a-bit OTT. I apologize Yurtles and Lucario. I'm not exactly against it, I just find the other option more suited.

Status
Not open for further replies.