Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7126

Let me ask a question...

What is the point of a taking a poll/vote and then doing the opposite of what the poll determined that the majority wanted?

Can someone make that make sense to me because right now I am clueless has to how "some people" operate and how they are allowed to operate!!!

DeletedUser

From my experience as being an Admin for other sites and forums. Normally a poll is simply to try and justify something they already have in mind they want to do. If they don't receive the response they wanted, but are dead certain on doing it anyway, it wouldn't really matter what any of us think at all.

DeletedUser7126

Then why bother with it all? Why not just tell us what they are gonna do. Its not like we can do squat about it anyway.

DeletedUser656

The purpose of the majority of polls are not to decide something but to gather general opinion on a matter. A number of factors go into the decisions we make, it's not 100% about player's opinions because sometimes there are external influences and very often player's wishes don't align with our needs as a business.

We already a number of reasons to change the forum order. The old layout was just plain bad from a UI perspective. The golden rule is that more popular content always has to go at the top of the webpage. It also makes things extremely annoying for people using mobile devices. If the poll had revealed a significant percentage of forum users (75%+) hated the idea it then that would have outweighed our reasons. The reasonably even 50/50 split did not.

DeletedUser7126

Its not about the forums. I couldnt care less how the forums arranged! My point is, dont patronize us with lame and bullcrap excuse on why the majority didnt get it. Also, dont even bother with a poll if it was never gonna matter anyway. I mean really, why bother?

DeletedUser7126

Quit tip toeing around the point and I might take the time to read it better.

One last time, for the slower people out there, unless the people will decide 100% of what will happen then don't bother with a freaking poll.

Is that clear enough?

DeletedUser656

Quit tip toeing around the point and I might take the time to read it better.

One last time, for the slower people out there, unless the people will decide 100% of what will happen then don't bother with a freaking poll.

Is that clear enough?

No - you are terribly naive and have no clue about how the world works. You're also a troll. You create a thread asking a question, and when someone takes 5 minutes out of time to answer your question you respond in a childish and rude fashion. I am clueless as to why people bother asking such questions when they don't listen, I mean really, why are they allowed to operate?

Status
Not open for further replies.