Portfolio (W.I.P)

• Thread starter Werbenjagermanjensen
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is my first portfolio so... here goes nothing! Right now these are just my past sigs, avvys, and CoA that i made in Gimp
Work in progress
Shop

[spoil]
scaled.php
loopsz.png

tsunamikid12.jpg

scaled.php
[/spoil]
Signatures
They are in the order i made them so they get better the farther you go down

[spoil]
scaled.php

tsunamikid01.jpg
[/spoil]
[spoil]
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

76452912.jpg

scaled.php

cheesemansspoilerssig.jpg

scaled.php

ichigoswtw.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

dancerz.jpg

darktimes.png
[/spoil]
Animated CoA
[spoil]
Naruto.gif

Naruto-.gif
[/spoil]
CoA
[spoil]
scaled.php

tsunamikid123.jpg
[/spoil]
[spoil]
likeawombuss2.jpg

scaled.php

tribalwarsnumberscoa.png

narutorendercoa.png
[/spoil]
Misc

[spoil]
2llzy9u.jpg

scaled.php
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The avatar is quite good :)

Try and work on:
a) Using higher quality images. I suggest starting with renders (or use a magic wand equivalent.), and if you need backgrounds, wallbase.cc is a great place

b) Using one focal in your images/tags. when you look at your sig, notice how your eyes (or mine do at least) bounce around. This is not what you want :p. Mix blurring and sharpening to get what you want. Oh and Helvetica is a good font to use ;)

Its been awhile, but hopefully this can help.

DeletedUser

Yeah just working on some right now with renders. Thanks for the background site.

DeletedUser106013

Smitty, I like your work and you have a lot of potential. Different than the others, you still have a more creative mind. When you are newer or graphics, your mind seems to be more creative and the outcome on your projects will have more ideas as when you've been doing GFX for say like two years; you don't need creativity as basically most things you make look good even if it's something simple. I'm not saying all people don't have creativity, but that's generally what starts to happen with older graphics makers as they start using the same type of style; but then there is you trying different styles daily and learning new things.

So, if you learn a few more things and still have the creative mind you have now - you will be an excellent artist. Yes, I know I'm not that good of an artist, but I've sure have learned a lot just from looking at others work and how they do things.

Anyway, if you want a few tips/suggestions - add me on skype 'loading_tw" and hopefully I can try and get you to work on a particular image and we can see the outcome.

- Loading .

DeletedUser

Yeah. Thanks a lot. It means a lot. I added you on skype. ;P

DeletedUser

You've got potential in you, I'll say that. I'm biased here, since I mainly do avatars, but the avvies are somewhat better than about 50% of your works :icon_razz: (I'm over-exaggerating the 50% part)

I do have to say though, the animation you've got there ain't half bad, but maybe trying to animate the glow around Naruto's hand on the first one would've made it flow better.

Now onto my opinions of your siggies.

I'll not touch the first 5 siggies, as they are your first ones. The rainbow-mist one looks pretty neat, albeit I'm not really fond of the mist not looking as if it belongs there. The "TickTock" one looked nice at first, until I saw that horrid blue text at the bottom left. When doing these siggies, try not to use colours that are that bold, bright, and that don't apply to the scheme. Now to the "Fuego" piece. Why is it that the second girl is semi-transparent, but not the first one? Also, the aspect is completely horrific looking when comparing.Text is OK, though the text on the first seems to work better with the picture other than the second one's text. That "SWTW" one makes no sense, I mean, Tri-Force and Bleach? :icon_razz: The flow on that one is isn't too bad, and I like the sort of fuzzy effect around Ichigo. The "Natmus" one is quite possibly my favourite of the signatures, Although the text is fairly large. "Knotz" could use a grey version of that font you were using, instead of light blue. As, again, the colour scheme is not followed. For the Ichigo shoppe sig, the text could've been better, and...why the green outline on Ichicgo's hair? 2nd to bottom "SWTW" piece, it's okay, could use some sort of design around the character jumping into the black hole (My interpretation of the work). The last one...oh gawd, I had to turn my gamma all the way up in order to even know what was in the sig. In turn, The main things you seem to be struggling with are colour flow and text, IMO.

Your COA's are really simple in the first spoiler. The main one I have a problem with is the "Tsunami" one. What's up with the black box? That just ruins it for me :icon_confused: The Wombuss one's aren't too shabby. That "tribal wars" COA just about made me high, after I took one glance at it. That thing's an acid trip in a picture :icon_biggrin:

For your Misc spoiler, The vehicle on the first one shouldn't really be semi-transparent. The effects around it should be overlapping the vehicle. For the last one, I could see where you cut those pictures out of an original image, try working on your cut job :icon_wink:

That's my review on all of your works, with my two cents put in :icon_wink: Hope this helps you in some sort of way/shape/form.