Portuguese Players

DeletedUser

yeah well i'm at work now and just 5 minutes ago a portuguese woman couldnt understand any of my answers in spanish to her portuguese questions. casual examples dont prove anything. i'd say it's quite balanced.

Well Pedrito, my sister was in Erasmus with a bunch of Spanish people and they where furious all the time because she could understand them speaking spanish with each other and they considered Portuguese wasnt enough.

maybe your sister is as smart as you and you just dont want to see it?

what exactly means they considered Portuguese wasnt enough. I dont get it.
They = spanish and dont understand portuguese.
Your sister = portuguese but understands spanish.
They considered Portuguese wasnt enough?

On a different note, how old is your sister?

DeletedUser

Well, if you want something a bit less general, just take summer festivals in the north of Portugal, where we harbour lots and lots of spanish people, and we have to speak in english or try our best to create a spanish like dialect so that they can understand.

However, Pedrito, you are taking things all wrong and too personal. Personaly I dont come here to insult anyone.

Regarding my previous post, I was a bit tired when I wrote it, and left the setence incomplete - They thought or considered that beeing a portuguese native speaker wasnt enough to understand spanish.

Keep in mind, I am not telling that Portuguese are the best, fuck the rest, nor I am saying that spanish are dumb, nor I was insulting you (however you've already shown that you are willing to insult people with your assumingly clever remarks - and btw, my sister is indeed smarter than I am). If you think thats the way to go and the best way to defend the name of your country, thats up to you, but I believe that would have the complete oposite effect

Best Wishes
Latinnus

DeletedUser16390

Guys spanish is like the easiest language on the planet. If you are latin or your language has its roots in the latin language then you will probably understand 80-90% of spanish without problems.

DeletedUser

Actually, the easiest language is English. I'm not saying this because I'm English, as I'm, in fact, Portuguese.
It's forbidden to have tribes dedicated to one nationality as that would exclude members who do not understand the language, making it unfair for them.

Also, as a general rule, Portuguese people understand most of what Spanish people say, whilst the contrary is not seen. This has been confirmed by researchers, and has passed on television many examples of such. (I'm talking of non-Portuguese television by the way)

DeletedUser16390

Well mate im not Spanish or Portoguese but i can understand Spanish kinda well. I cant pronounce myself about Portoguese because I haven't heard much talking in the language.

DeletedUser

Never said you were. It's true that if you know one Latin-derived language, you'll understand at least a little of every other Latin-derived language.

However, in terms of grammar, rules, conjugations, etc... English is the easiest.

DeletedUser16390

English seems easier at first view because we're so familiar with it because of TV/Movies/Internet but in terms of grammar and conjugation it has a hell lot more rules and exceptions to rules and exceptions to exceptions then latin languages as far as i know. So its not easiest if you study it for the highest level for Cambridge.

DeletedUser

you are taking things all wrong and too personal

nor I am saying that spanish are dumb, nor I was insulting you

If you think thats the way to go and the best way to defend the name of your country

you assume wrong. i'm not spanish.

we can argue for ages about this, and surely find a bunch of facts proving either side wrong. i'll stick to what i've seen in my days and if you believe the opposite you will have your own reasons for it.

however you've already shown that you are willing to insult people with your assumingly clever remarks

i am actually, but i didnt want to insult you there. i'm really interested in your sister's age.

peace