Premium Boycott

• Thread starter DeletedUser47445
  • Start date

rich26ca

my turn ;P

Only Admins get payed, elders, ingame/forum moderators don't get any real money. Just premium benefits for us and for 2 friends.

which still comes to a cost for the game creators.

Even so quite a large % of users use the mobile option. If it was a pay extra to use feature, you will have hundreds of players complaining that there cheating, and that the game is unfair as you can "buy advantages" and whatnot- it's better to have it and need it than need it and not have it.
No matter what, someday you may use you phone to get on TW to defend incommings while your at work/school etc. As nowadays you get free Internet on most sim companies.

actually isn't that what you already do with PP benifits scripting alone can easily seperate players you pay for that option so why would it be so unheard of to see other pay for benifit options. nessisary ones are included extra cost more. just expanded on the ideals that TW is already doing.

still offer the pervious version as yes i have used it from time to time before phone broke, however an improved one for paid users.

this isn't really a new idea either may games like 2 moons MMORPG or what ever has many such features.

What if people can't afford xbox/ps3?

(rough quick google prices)
Xbox - £150 + monthly internet
PS3 - £220

Games roughly £40.
The difference is a lot of games are single player. Multi player games are mostly limited to a number of users- COD's 20 I believe? Not to mention price of an xbox connecting online to get that. But once you complete a game then what? It's finished- nothing new comes out of it.

TW is 17,000 players a world with new worlds always coming out? Playing is continuous, and a whole new style of game play.

You can't even compare them. Though i think it's safe to say TW is cheaper than what anyone would spend on an xbox/ps3 and all the games they own.

Also, take this in good light pl0x?
I don't want to have these debates/opinions/arguments turn into players posting loosing their tempers.

very true overall it does cost more then TW as an initial perches yes. but over long time it can be more beneficial especially 360 as every game has online features creating another game. as well if your on TW your prob have internet, there for no more cost is need on that front as either way your paying for the net.

I don't think the new price is completely wrong but do agree that this is absolutely the most i would pay and many other would pay for a HTML browser internet game mate. which no offense to the creators but is the lowest form of gaming. will say this it is the best of the HTML games i've seen.

but hey thats just my two cents ;)

P.S dawr hopefully i'll be joining you ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have to agree with mrchooks, they're basically making us pay for premium which all in all is pretty gay.

I used the no ads mode, I love it. I only love it because I'm an account builder and no ads makes it much easier. I can have buildings downgrading or walls building in hundreds of villages in a matter of minutes. It was so annoying to do with the ads, 2, down, left repeat /facepalm

There's not even a 30 day option, which in itself is the real travesty. I don't want to buy 20 dollars worth for 15 weeks, what kind of junk is that? 20 bucks = 1500 for 3 months >.> I would rather spend 30-35 dollars on 50 points for the 10 months.

It's NOT WORTH IT without the 30 day option. It's like...

"hey, we have people playing from their phones now...probably driving while texting so let's raise the cost of premium and make the points go into the hundreds so it seems shinier and while we're at it...to keep screwing our players out of money we'll remove the month option on renewal"

DeletedUser

My post got deleted?:icon_cry: Or was I drunk and didn't send it:icon_confused:

Drunk- no posts have been deleted :p
Wasn't it you before Christmas last year who went on a drunk posting spree? lol

my turn ;P

which still comes to a cost for the game creators.

True, but paying each mod 3 months of premium in theory is a small cost compared with the ammount of players buying premium.

actually isn't that what you already do with PP benifits scripting alone can easily seperate players you pay for that option so why would it be so unheard of to see other pay for benifit options. nessisary ones are included extra cost more. just expanded on the ideals that TW is already doing.

A lot of premium scripts are available to non premium users as well- just slightly more time consuming to run, but the point is it's relatively even. Premium scripts just make the game run faster for the user. Having the mobile option as another form of payment means that non premium users, and premium users who can't/ wont buy the new option will be at a disadvantage as there's no alternate for them. People will complain about it, it's nature if your on the disadvantaged side.

It's like giving a person a challenge to carry a bolder up the hill, the first who manages it gets a nice pretty flower.
A non prem user wouldn't be able to afford to buy a cart to take the bolder up the hill, but a premium user who's willing to pay extra could buy a cart to do it, making it unfair and disadvantaged.
I have no idea why I chose to say that last part getting across a pretty clear point, but I did :icon_neutral:

still offer the pervious version as yes i have used it from time to time before phone broke, however an improved one for paid users.

That's like giving the user a square wheeled cart and the person who could afford premium a circle wheeled cart. It would still cause chaos and unfairness.
I bet your thinking.. Carts? What the.. I swear I haven't lost it yet.

very true overall it does cost more then TW as an initial perches yes. but over long time it can be more beneficial especially 360 as every game has online features creating another game. as well if your on TW your prob have internet, there for no more cost is need on that front as either way your paying for the net.

Good point. But even so you really can't compare TW to Xbox games :p

I don't think the new price is completely wrong but do agree that this is absolutely the most i would pay and many other would pay for a HTML browser internet game mate. which no offense to the creators but is the lowest form of gaming. will say this it is the best of the HTML games i've seen.

True, HTML is quite old, but still has its advantages over other forms of games.
But I can see your point there :)

but hey thats just my two cents ;)
:icon_wink:

P.S dawr hopefully i'll be joining you ;)
Good luck =]

I have to agree with mrchooks, they're basically making us pay for premium which all in all is pretty gay.

I used the no ads mode, I love it. I only love it because I'm an account builder and no ads makes it much easier. I can have buildings downgrading or walls building in hundreds of villages in a matter of minutes. It was so annoying to do with the ads, 2, down, left repeat /facepalm

There's not even a 30 day option, which in itself is the real travesty. I don't want to buy 20 dollars worth for 15 weeks, what kind of junk is that? 20 bucks = 1500 for 3 months >.> I would rather spend 30-35 dollars on 50 points for the 10 months.

It's NOT WORTH IT without the 30 day option. It's like...

30 Days = 200PP
= 3.99

DeletedUser

Dwarveneree what you say.. 30 days option that we buy give us 200 point right? huh?

we have option: Premium account for 14 days (100 points)

14+14 = 30 ? :s no it isn't.. so on medium there is a 2 days less..
30 Days != 200PP --> 30 Days = 220 - 230 PP.( it is 200 PP only for February month)

DeletedUser

Drunk- no posts have been deleted :p
Wasn't it you before Christmas last year who went on a drunk posting spree? lol

Yeah, I'm a drunk. But damn. It was a long post. I'm sure dwarv's said most of it already, though.

Basically it was: If you don't like it, quit/stop buying premium. If enough people stop paying for premium Innogames will realize their mistake and correct it.

This thread was childish in my opinion. The half price nobles were a gift from the admins to us, not the result of us boycotting or some stupid shit.

DeletedUser

maybe for you is ok Airsofter78, but just think that not all players do have possibility to buy using cards so they are just stick with sms version.. a sms that can buy just those 60 PP.
And yet..
option for 30 days go off
option for 15 days down to 14 days
option for 9 days go off..

what can i say.. no so much options.. make you think to really not invest more in this game.. after those low trick :|

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

maybe for you is ok Airsofter78, but just think that not all players do have possibility to buy using cards so they are just stick with sms version.. a sms that can buy just those 60 PP.
And yet..
option for 30 days go off
option for 15 days down to 14 days
option for 9 days go off..

what can i say.. no so much options.. make you think to really not invest more in this game.. after those low trick :|

You're dumb. I said quit or don't buy premium. How does that have to do with not everyone being able to pay by using cards?

They don't force you to buy premium. If you're unhappy with it or can't afford it, stop buying it. You can play for free. If you can't, quitting won't kill you. It will probably actually make your life much better. So, all in all, you guys should thank Innogames for forcing you to quit.

DeletedUser

LMAO This is the dumbest topic ive ever read, get a life guys, The economy is going down, Tribalwars needs to make money, its like gas, gas prices go up and down depending how the economy is going, This is the real world mates, nothing is perfect, nothing is the same, if tribalwars keeps the old cheap price, soon they will run out of money, lose profits, same if we boycott, so World20, go on, boycott it, when they dont make money on world20, they wont keep the server up, and they will close the world, so go on, end your world, or be a mature adult and just pay for premium... Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47445

This thread was childish in my opinion. The half price nobles were a gift from the admins to us, not the result of us boycotting or some stupid shit.

The half price nobles were something we all were rasing hell about for months. We kinda had to work for it.

DeletedUser

LMFAO This is the dumbest topic ive ever read, get a life guys, The economy is going down, Tribalwars needs to make money, its like gas, gas prices go up and down depending how the economy is going, This is the real world mates, nothing is perfect, nothing is the same, if tribalwars keeps the old cheap price, soon they will run out of money, lose profits, same if we boycott, so World20, go on, boycott it, when they dont make money on world20, they wont keep the server up, and they will close the world, so go on, end your world, or be a mature adult and just pay for premium... Lol

This is true and i respect your comments but...wouldn't that mean that people will have less money to spend on here? so this will in return more so effect Tribal Wars income? When prices of the world increase and living prices get more expensive, people have less money to spend on luxury item's meaning people would cut back on paying to play...

I honestly believe that Tribal Wars has rushed into this...yes they have to find a way to make more money, but how can they expect to when 80% of the market doesn't have as much to spend as they used to. Maybe they could have just made a higher level of Premium, or Marketed to more people...or even gave people bonus's for recruiting more people to the game...the more people that play, the better the chances people will pay to play.

There are many more options they could have chosen instead of just jumping prices.

DeletedUser47445

LMFAO This is the dumbest topic ive ever read, get a life guys, The economy is going down, Tribalwars needs to make money, its like gas, gas prices go up and down depending how the economy is going, This is the real world mates, nothing is perfect, nothing is the same, if tribalwars keeps the old cheap price, soon they will run out of money, lose profits, same if we boycott, so World20, go on, boycott it, when they dont make money on world20, they wont keep the server up, and they will close the world, so go on, end your world, or be a mature adult and just pay for premium... Lol

Well look at it like this: We get this brand new TW 6.0, and 6.1 now. And then shortly afterwards the tell us that they are raising the prices. Plus now the premium system is by far more complicated (I still haven't got it figured out yet. Don't try to explain it, you will confuse the heck out of meh) with all these points now. So it seems better, but if you were to wash all the shine off, you would realize that you're getting screwed.

DeletedUser59335

Well look at it like this: We get this brand new TW 6.0, and 6.1 now. And then shortly afterwards the tell us that they are raising the prices. Plus now the premium system is by far more complicated (I still haven't got it figured out yet. Don't try to explain it, you will confuse the heck out of meh) with all these points now. So it seems better, but if you were to wash all the shine off, you would realize that you're getting screwed.

I'm sure they have been thinking of new ways to make money for plenty of months & it just happens that new updates are being released, I would say we're just lucky that they have raised it before.

If you don't understand how the new premium system works how can you be arguing about it?

DeletedUser47445

Okay it used to be simple: 5PP got you one month, so simple even prime could figure it out :)lol:). It even said it in the Purchase Premium section. Now it tells you that "The premium account costs: for 7 days, 60 premium points." Plus now you got all different kinds of points, with everything being increased.

DeletedUser

Dwarveneree what you say.. 30 days option that we buy give us 200 point right? huh?

we have option: Premium account for 14 days (100 points)

14+14 = 30 ? :s no it isn't.. so on medium there is a 2 days less..
30 Days != 200PP --> 30 Days = 220 - 230 PP.( it is 200 PP only for February month)

28 Days is pretty much a month. Granted that's 1,2 or 3 days lost per real month.. which can be an extra months payment. But nevertheless, it's pretty much a month.

This is true and i respect your comments but...wouldn't that mean that people will have less money to spend on here? so this will in return more so effect Tribal Wars income? When prices of the world increase and living prices get more expensive, people have less money to spend on luxury item's meaning people would cut back on paying to play...

You make it sound like everyone in the world is just getting enough to live on.
£4 isn't that much a month, heck £4 wouldn't last long in the real world.

I honestly believe that Tribal Wars has rushed into this...yes they have to find a way to make more money, but how can they expect to when 80% of the market doesn't have as much to spend as they used to. Maybe they could have just made a higher level of Premium, or Marketed to more people...or even gave people bonus's for recruiting more people to the game...the more people that play, the better the chances people will pay to play.

Now you make it sound like chaos is coming and the markets will keep decreasing :icon_confused:.
Compared to most sights, TW hasn't raised it's prices in over a year, before w9 was even created I think.. though don't quote me on that.

Currently TW is located in the major global markets.

There are many more options they could have chosen instead of just jumping prices.

I don't think closing down TW was an option. :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

(Mod argument now)
• We have introduced a whole lot of new Premium features and other features (mobile version in the last update) in the last years, but the prices remained until today. Compared to other games we still have very low fees!
• We have not raised the prices in a long time.
• To be able to keep on working and implementing new features in Tribal Wars.
• When you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game. Don't need to buy something extra for it.
• Marketing prices are getting more expensive.
• The price change is necessary for us to be able to keep on being available on the wide markets.

Fix the lag instead and maybe we'd all be impressed. Political map and showing the merchants is more of a hindrance than anything else. Already annoying when my screen is pushed out way to the right due to troops, don't need the added space waster. Some of the updates are decent, however.. the glitches/bugs that come with them due to lack of testing can destroy months of work should one come at the wrong time.

DeletedUser

That no 30 day option can lick my sugar frosted happy stick imo

DeletedUser47445

You make it sound like everyone in the world is just getting enough to live on.
£4 isn't that much a month, heck £4 wouldn't last long in the real world.

Okay £4 is pretty much $6.14 in the US. Now yes i will admit that 6.14 is much to be rasing hell about, but think about the fact that that will add up over time. Used to it was only around 5 bucks, and that was for one month, not 27-28 days. Plus where else could that be put. 4/20 is coming up, thats a joint right there. Or a pack of cigarettes. Actually 6 bucks can get quite a bit, if you get hard nosed about it. Used to it was only around 5

Part of my problem, and the reason I'm bitching, is now i really can't use my phone to buy PP. If the product isn't convient to buy, most people won't buy: Just that simple.

DeletedUser

The half price nobles were something we all were rasing hell about for months. We kinda had to work for it.

1. They never HAD to give it to us. They announced that they were bringing half price nobles to older worlds before we ever talked about it. It was a gift.

2. Nothing we did ever did shit. There were set conditions for the world to reach before half price nobles would be applied. All we had to do was wait for our world to meet those conditions and that's what happened. Boycotting an online game like this is childish.

DeletedUser

Fix the lag instead and maybe we'd all be impressed. Political map and showing the merchants is more of a hindrance than anything else. Already annoying when my screen is pushed out way to the right due to troops, don't need the added space waster. Some of the updates are decent, however..

Only new worlds have uber lag, occasionally an old world gets lag when the server changes/update or whatnot- depending what time of day it is.

Otherwise lag is your end, not TW's.
There's various ways to help speed up TW, which TW has recommended.
Political map/showing the merchants can be de-activated if you don't like them/takes too long for you, they work fine for other players but even so you can't use that example as those things are optional anyway.

the glitches/bugs that come with them due to lack of testing can destroy months of work should one come at the wrong time.

Most the bugs are translation errors- TW is German, so they are tested out in the German language for all testers to try out. Once transfered to .net for example, not everything is translated correctly due to the difference in grammar/spelling/punctuation and what not which is easily fixed.

Otherwise months of work? Give me examples as I think your over exaggerating. Rarely does the main server have an issue, but even then depending on the problem your either given free premium and/or a rollback.

So really, updates are tested thoroughly, I think your talking about server/technical errors which are a completely different thing.

Okay £4 is pretty much $6.14 in the US. Now yes i will admit that 6.14 is much to be rasing hell about, but think about the fact that that will add up over time. Used to it was only around 5 bucks, and that was for one month, not 27-28 days. Plus where else could that be put. 4/20 is coming up, thats a joint right there. Or a pack of cigarettes. Actually 6 bucks can get quite a bit, if you get hard nosed about it. Used to it was only around 5

Part of my problem, and the reason I'm bitching, is now i really can't use my phone to buy PP. If the product isn't convient to buy, most people won't buy: Just that simple.

Cigarettes bad for your health, TW = good :icon_wink:
I can't log onto a world atm to check the prices, but buying in bundles would be a lot cheaper- just browsing through what I believe to be the correct prices on the forums somewhere:

600 $14,99 - 3 months, $5 each. So that would suit what you used to pay. Granted that may have bought you a bit more, but I can't find the old prices.

But I can understand that, I'll bug the mods to see if we can get a better service for mobile payment users.
(Though even so, no premium really should be bought by mobile - so over charged thanks to service providers and what not- not just TW but any game :S)