Premium changes

DeletedUser

whats going on with that???
i did out some simple math and figured if you play with premium on one world, with the old system, the $29.99 package of 50 points gets you 10 months of premium, at 5 points per 30 days

now with this new system, you get 1500 points for the same price, and it is 100 points per 14 days. the 30 day option is gone, meaning its 200 points per 28 days. with this new system, for the same price you used to be able to get 10 months of premium, you now get about 6.7 months. this almost doubles the price people have to pay to get the same amount. way to go innogames for all but scamming people out of money? the whole purpose for this new system it seems is just to make it look like you are getting more due to "bigger" point values (for example, 200 points instead of 5) while actually getting severely less!

they also say in the announcements that some/most people will be gaining a day of free premium due to the exchange rate between the new and old, trying to make it sound as if it is a good thing, when in fact, your paying for that day several times over the next time you renew your premium.

im begining to hope this ploy backfires in their faces with customers refusing to renew their premium due to the jacking up of the price, but sadly i dont see that happening.

opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not happy with the changes. I'll continue to pay for premium for as long as I play the game, but is definitely a bothersome thing to have an entire tribe who need to do the same to continue playing at the rate we do, and knowing that they are also not pleased with the changes. I did definitely notice how they attempted to make it sound like a good thing, when it is far from it and in fact raises the cost of playing here.

DeletedUser

i will probably renew one last time, as i am currently running low, and see where it goes from there. one thing is for sure, i can not afford to be spending so much money on a simple browser game.

i also do not get the last choice, 5k points for $73.99, it lasts for 23 months, (30 day months) but its also 14 dollars more then double the price of the 50 points you could get in the older version.

DeletedUser43045

Noticed it aswell i usually buy premmy per month but now it costs nearly double the amount as it used to

DeletedUser

Since this thread is not a w32 only topic I believe I am free to reply. :)

If all of you who are unhappy go back and read the information that Morthy posted about this update he clearly said that there would be an increase in the price of premium, the only real difference with the change that I dislike is you can not set it for 30 days any longer.

But it was clearly stated that there would be a price increase, just as there has been in the past.

We live in a real world where it takes money to run an organization, if the price of living goes up then the price of the products will go up in order to balance things.

If you absolutely hate this increase in price the only way you can change it is by quitting the game, or not playing the game, if enough people stop playing, or at least paying for premium then eventually the price will fall simply for a possible increase in profit by increase in players paying for premium. There is also another possible result and that would be the closing of tribalwars.

Since I enjoy playing tribalwars I will continue to buy premium at whatever price so long as I can afford it.

Main point of that block of text: don't be surprised by the increase when it was clearly stated by morthy that it was there.

DeletedUser

if enough people stop playing, or at least paying for premium then eventually the price will fall simply for a possible increase in profit by increase in players paying for premium.

that, or they take away the option of "free"

DeletedUser

yeah this pissed me off aswell tiger. i don't care that they put the prices up. well i do.. i'm poor, but i can still afford it. what pisses me off is the way they went about it. i think your term "all but scamming us" fits perfectly. it's as if they thought we're all so dumb that if they change the numbers system we won't notice that the price has went up, lol. i think it would have been more honest of them to just put the price up and leave the system the same.

DeletedUser

yeah this pissed me off aswell tiger. i don't care that they put the prices up. well i do.. i'm poor, but i can still afford it. what pisses me off is the way they went about it. i think your term "all but scamming us" fits perfectly. it's as if they thought we're all so dumb that if they change the numbers system we won't notice that the price has went up, lol. i think it would have been more honest of them to just put the price up and leave the system the same.

i cant even afford the highest package, which apparently is the only one left untouched by the increase. 70 dollars for a browser game is just rediculous imo. 30 bucks wasn't great either, but i could live with that price. getting 2 days less per month, even WITH the price increase.... that is also very annoying.

DeletedUser

It was stated both in the initial announcement and repeatedly in the thread of the discussion of the announcement that the prices were being increased. At no stage was any attempt made to hide the fact that prices were increasing.

DeletedUser

It was stated both in the initial announcement and repeatedly in the thread of the discussion of the announcement that the prices were being increased. At no stage was any attempt made to hide the fact that prices were increasing.

Haha took you two sentences to say what I tried to say in 10-12 or however many that added up to.