Pretty much anything is news right now

deadsocks

PLEASE DO NOT MOVE OR LOCK THIS THREAD. IT HAS A PURPOSE AND IT IS RELEVANT IN THE END, IT JUST TAKES A WHILE. THANKS A LOT, YOU'RE A STAR :)

If you hate long pointless stories, please press ctrl + f and find the number 456 in the thread. That's where the actual message begins.

Today I was going to make myself a proper meal. For a while I've been living off pasta, as an experiment to see if my eating habits will make Rukoh fat. Well, I don't have the results on that yet, but yes, I was going to make me a PROPER meal, nutritionally balanced etc.

So I went to the freezer and got out a bag of pre-roasted potatoes, and a box of breaded chicken, and a pot of vegetables. The idea was that you put the pot in the microwave for 7 minutes, and it would steam them and make them very tasty and stuff. So that's what I did first, I opened up the microwave and stuck in the pot, set power to full (it was on full anyway but I gave the dial a little push to make sure). Then I left it for a while and went to find a tin.

The tins were exactly where I left them, which led me to wonder if my housemate so much as looks at the oven at all... she seems to be living off lager and cigarettes, tut tut. When I was at uni, the tins were hot property, and the guys would get into soooo many arguments about them, whose tin was whose... and here were a bunch of lovely new tins which I annoyed my landlord into buying us, barely used except by me and my potatoes. :(

I turned the bag of roast potatoes onto the tray, and all little frozen bits of stuff came with it. I really hate little frozen bits of stuff, but I was too hungry to put all the potatoes back into the plastic bag and chuck them in the bin. So you know... I went with it. I emptied the whole bag, and also put down 2 chicken pieces. I noticed that all the chicken pieces were exactly the same shape... which is kinda sad if you think about it, they must reject a lot of meat.

The chicken box said gas mark 6 and the potato box said gas mark 8, so I went for halfway, mark 7. Must admit though for whatever reason, my oven dial is like this: mark 1_______________mark 2________mark 3___mark 4_m5_6_789
so it's pretty much the same thing whatever. The oven lit right away, I was ecstatic. I was expecting to be stood there with my finger holding the dial and clicking the button for half an hour. The room started to heat up as soon as I put the oven on. I put the chicken and the potatoes into the oven on the tray, and grabbed a chair to sit down.

But I was... just so hungry. So I actually went and got 2 tortilla wraps from the freezer, and stopped the microwave a minute to put them both on top of the pot of veg. After that I went back to my chair and pulled out my mobile from my pocket. My mobile is my pride and joy! I keep it in a silicone case at all times so it doesn't get pwned. But right now I noticed there was a tiny grease smudge on the case, and it really ticked me off. I started frantically rubbing my t-shirt on it, and it faded. Good.

Then I opened my phone and pressed the up button, which is my shortcut to open Opera mini. It had already been open all along and running in the background, and scrolled down the page a fair bit, to keep my place in a fanfic I was reading. Final Fantasy 8. And you know what? The fanfic suddenly got sucky. It had always been a bit slash, but all of a sudden they sent the main charecter to rehab for no established reason, and the slash pair suddenly decided to try some... more adventurous things. This annoyed me, a lot. I gave in, and remembered I was wearing trousers which I'd cast aside as too dirty to wear 2 weeks ago because I was out of clean clothes.

Well you know. It's not proper to walk around naked when you live with a stranger and your house is on a main road, so I had to wear SOMETHING. But anyway, I went upstairs and found my huge bag of dirty clothes, took them down and put them on to wash. 2 tablets, because it was a pretty heavy load. Slammed the door and set it to 900 spins super quick. I'm not one who wants to sit around waiting to dry my clothes - I don't have a dryer, and the faster I get them done the sooner I can hang them up to dry. That's logic I came up with right now though, because it was actually 1am when I was doing this.

And I sat and read the fic for a while, just in case it was an April Fool's or something. I live between 2 pubs in the centre of the city, so I saw a lot of people walking past. Some of them were just middle-aged guys walking on their own, and they kept staring at me sitting their eating my tortilla wrap and reading my fic. And I let them stare - who's stranger, the girl up cooking at 1am, or the guy out walking on his own at 1am and staring into people's windows?

Eventually everything was cooked. I got a plate out from the cuboard, which just so happens to be falling to bits... and put my steamed veg on it, being careful not to let water onto the plate. Maybe if I'd thought harder, I could have drained out the water before I took the lid off... but yeah, I'm blonde. It wasn't long before I realised I had enough veggies for an entire family. And I didn't have an entire family to cook for. It was just me.

In fact, the veg covered my whoooooole dinnerplate in a huge pile. But I ate some carrots and realised it was reeealy tasty, so what the heck, ate the lot there and then. It was great! I really love carrots and sweetcorn, peas not so much but I guess they're healthy. Left me with a bit of a dilemma though - I was now full with tortilla wraps and vegetables, but I still had a pile of tatos and 2 chicken breasts to eat... drat.

So I ate one chicken breast, which was unfortunately not so nice. It was kinda moist. And not in a juicy/tender way. I bought it from the new ALDI by the roundabout so I thought it was going to be my favourite ALDI chicken, but I totally made a mistake when I bought it. And I bought 2 boxes of 4 'n' all. So... shitake mushrooms, What am I gunna do with all that bird? The potatoes were even worse, but I was expecting it. I'd had them before and they were very soft and didn't really taste of anything besides soap.

So I couldn't eat my chicken or potato, not even with the help of Nestlé strawberry milk (which I drink about a billion times a day, total addict, even if Nestlé does go against my personal beliefs...). I just had to take the whole plate of food and shove it in the fridge. Lucky me, my fridge shelf was actually nearly full for once :s I had 2 types of fish in there and 2 types of cheese. Post a # in your reply if you read this.

And I'll guess I'll try eat it when I'm even more hungry. Which I'm sure will happen, cos I never eat much. I go for days without food or sleep, it's not bad at all if you want to really concentrate on something and after a few days... you totally forget you were hungry at all. As soon as I'd put all my washing up on the drying rack, I realised how interesting washing machines really are, if you watch 'em for a while...

Firstly, you notice a huge ball of fluff and hair builds up on the screen, it gets rolled up as the clothes tumble past. And even though my machine was very full, when it was on the fastest spin (which is WAY fast, it goes really fast and you think "this HAS to be the fastest" and then it goes even FASTER, and then again) I could see all the way back to my blurry reflection at the back of the drum. As it slows down, the whole machine gets unstable and shakes around, and the clothes fall back down from the edges into the middle.

I watched it for waaay too long tho. In fact, when I got back upstairs, Rukoh had vanished... Kinda sucked, I still wanted to talk to him. And everyone else, although still there, was much quieter than usual. The past few days had been mayhem, especially on the W49 forums internal/external. But now, you know... everyone was so much more sober and sensible, we ended up talking about heartbreaks and other IRL stuff.

Anywaaaaaaay. Hours later, I found myself telling Fin for a SECOND time that I'd eaten too much veg for my potatoes, it was relevant to the discussion... he said I should make a PnP thread about it on world 24. And never one to disappoint, I am making that thread right now.

But I thought it'd be best to add a bit of a moral to this story... *nod*

And that is... SOMETHING must have happened to you in TW W24 in the past week. C'mon. SOMETHING.
Why are you not telling us about it?
Do you want these forums to die?
Do you want W24 to become a memory?
Is that Reeeeeally what you want?

It's a pretty valid question, as maybe if you want it to die you shouldn't even be here reading this.

Well... don't be afraid of your own opinions. Don't be worried that you are somehow too insignificant to say anything worthwhile. Because I'm sure whatever YOU can say, will be more interesting and will get flamed less than this post.

Start today... I really wanna hear from you, especially if you're neutral. We hear all day about the West v East war, well, what else is there left to say?
Yes, you guys suck at sending trains. (just an example)
Yes, we've recruited the scum of the earth. (also just an example)

I don't really care, if I wanted to know how the war was going, I'd frikkin' look at the frikkin' stats!
So yeah. Start today, post something that's happened to you in TW.

If you do that, I promise you that other people will post more. I promise that world TW will be enriched for you. I promise that your players will quit less and your tribe will improve its rep - no such thing as bad publicity, especially for you tiny tribes out there.

MK, I'm done. :p

DeletedUser

First post!

This is the most exciting thing I've read since our potato discussion Socks.
In TW news, I am still as n00b as ever, and will continue to barb whore and pretend Deus doesn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

deadsocks

First post!

This is the most exciting thing I've read since our potato discussion Socks.
In TW news, I am still as n00b as ever, and will continue to barb whore and pretend Deus doesn't exist.
Don't you mean Deus whore and pretend barbs don't exist?
So hard to tell these days tho I guess, down south...

But OMG, I forgot to mention I polished the table while I was there :s

DeletedUser

First post with a #

Got not much to do atm here in Hyper :)

The Great 1One1

Anyone who can talk this much about carrots must get an award. But I don't get how your story really relates to TW. It vaguely relates to people you talk to, who just so happen to play TW.

I started a job which means I now only spend 1 minute a day on TW now. And I spend that minute in the forums.

deadsocks

Anyone who can talk this much about carrots must get an award. But I don't get how your story really relates to TW. It vaguely relates to people you talk to, who just so happen to play TW.

I started a job which means I now only spend 1 minute a day on TW now. And I spend that minute in the forums.
The story isn't relevant, but the thread is. I was trying to make a point - life without good PnP is unbelievably boring, and you can't make PnP unless you try. Cos you couldn't possibly do worse than I just did right now.

Surveys performed in the past have shown me that the majority of people reading never post! We have a reserve of possible good posters that we have yet to exploit...

sypherr

# hmmm on w24 this week i carried on nobling merc.t villages as assigned to the peace treaty with them and took some k45 9k barbs that sprung up, k45 is really annoying me at the moment, i look at the k dominance every day like its life or death this week dunno why. Iv also completly nailed final fantasy 13 this week im up to 60 hours play time and still only got 515 of the 1000 achievements. As i type this im thinking i have a really bad addiction to games.. someone help me lmao.

Anyways the post was very random and best thing i read on these forums in months, was good sox thanx :)

DeletedUser

tl;dr

Can you sum it up into 25 words or less for me. With my attention span it would take 3 days to read that :S

zelous 2

actually that sounds an awful lot like my munchie related kitchen runs...

anyways, randy (one of the founding fathers of ayreon) recently went barb to my distress. he's been going downhill activity wise for a long time, but its still sad to see him perma gone. then 2 of the 3 guys i was attacking went barb on me so all of my long range attacks keep coming up 2/3 barb reports. very annoying... and now it looks like someone else has gone barb near me, have no idea who though. what the hell is up with everyone going barb!?

o yah, ayreon and heroes merged to make hyperion (hyper). kind of interesting considering i personally have always claimed a very strong position of laziness and now im in a tribe called hyper.

ps: bo-john-bo oink-squeeks in the dark...

DeletedUser

I recently withdrew my defence from K6, leaving myself and others more vulnerable to attack. Bad Clamju.

deadsocks

I wish I had FF13 to play :p I spend too much time in TW so I probably wouldn't get to play it ever, but you know, I'd just like to have it there!
And FF14 is going to be another MMORPG I think... which sucks...

Bebe... To sum up, Talk or Die. 4 srs.
And I guess I was wondering who HYPER were, while at the same time wondering where AYREON was, I should have worked it out :lol:

But no time for talking, I need to get on with attacking =RES= in K6, apparently :O!

DeletedUser

I actually bought FF13 recently. Haven't put in as many hours yet though, will probably do another few tonight. I like it. Eye-candy +JRPG. I liked Tales of Symphonia better, though, but then that one was more ugly. Dilemma, dilemma...

Bo-John-bo

# nice post socks :)

I played to games of rugby yesterday then got terribly drunk, one of my friends ended up spending the night in a police cell and another has been vomiting non stop since about 9pm yesterday :)

good times indeed

I HATE cats and kick them in the street :p

sypherr

I wish I had FF13 to play :p I spend too much time in TW so I probably wouldn't get to play it ever, but you know, I'd just like to have it there!
And FF14 is going to be another MMORPG I think... which sucks...

FF14 looks amazing i have the website on my favorites and it just looks stunning i demand you all go and look at the site!! ;), i played FFXI the first mmorpg and i must admit i did enjoy it but you need another lifetime to play games like that if you work and play tw you have no chance with an mmorpg suppose its great if your a housewife or at home all day. Ohhh what i wouldn't give to meet a rich women and be a house husband playing games all day long hehehehe

I actually bought FF13 recently. Haven't put in as many hours yet though, will probably do another few tonight. I like it. Eye-candy +JRPG. I liked Tales of Symphonia better, though, but then that one was more ugly. Dilemma, dilemma...

Anyone whos just starting 13 make sure you get the growth egg after chapter 11 if will safe you hour and hours of grinding.....

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Im actualy working 30 hours a week,wich is not alot:icon_redface: I really enjoy my job,but they told me that when my contract will end (mid may) they will look for someone older (I work in a kind of youth club,so having 24 y old and going often at bar is not exactly the role model they look for,something that I do understand and respect)

But it still,and will still be one of the best work experience I ever done since now,and going to study for this kind of job could actualy be something il consider.

for the other aspect of my life atm,I play TW,a bit less then I used,I watch hockey,go dancing in club every week end,I recently broke up with my GF,1.5 month ago maybe,but since its what I wanted,its all good:icon_biggrin:,I recently met someone else,Im having some good time,but for now there's nothing serious,let's see where that story will bring me :icon_razz:

and im in a dilema with going living back in Montreal or staying in that small and smelly little town im actualy in,for the rest,I have no problem about my feeding habit,but im not a huge fan of carrot,I still cook pretty well,(I used to be a cook for 5-6 years) But im really too lazy to cook for myself,so I rarely do it proprely.

*to encourage other people to tell us nowhere stuff and share with us:icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

zelous 2

# nice post socks :)

I played to games of rugby yesterday then got terribly drunk, one of my friends ended up spending the night in a police cell and another has been vomiting non stop since about 9pm yesterday :)

good times indeed

I HATE cats and kick them in the street :p

*sends nuke at bo*