Props!

DeletedUser

Okay - it's not often that I (or any player, really) posts on PnP for the express purpose of praising their enemies… but I had to say this:

I am very impressed with RAM's latest Op on Kev, and in particular the efforts of two players: Lapatuska and arasd.

I logged on to Kevmasterzoc today (I've been sitting him for the last couple weeks) to see how the Op was coming along. He's had between 500 and 1K incomings for the last week, so I was expecting the nobles to be pouring in soon. In fact, before crashing for the night, I'd shuffled a bit of support in anticipation of nobles incoming overnight.

I was not, however, prepared for what I logged in to see. Multiple lost villages, noble trains en route to empty villas I could have sworn I'd stacked last night, and a hundred unknown incomings which I have yet to finish tagging (my favorite SORT script is down, which makes that job significantly harder). Many of my renobling centers have been nobled, too… grrrr…. this is gonna be hard to recover from.

Lapatuska and arasd are not particularly well-known outside of RAM. They don't post on PnP, they don't engage in a lot of chest thumping or smack talk via PM. I don't think they even speak English. But they are diamonds in the rough. Players who work well with each other, and with whatever support they get from their tribe. They may not launch with clockwork timing, but they are persistent, aggressive, thorough, opportunistic, and most importantly: effective. I have had to defend against them on 3 different accounts (asa, dk, and Kev) and each time my respect for them as enemies has grown.

Props to you two, even though you might never read this.

MR.MR

Raven, you said most of it, but I personally would also like to commend arasd and Lapatuska. While I haven't hardly been active over the past 2 months and fairly spotty activity in the months prior thanks to my University, I did spend plenty of time defending against those two on my account. They work very well as a team. They developed a strategy against me that I had never seen before, and it was very effective for the type of war that was being waged between us... While I have seen them time noble trains within the same second as nukes, they time and time again are able to achieve their end results without doing so, and that keeps their online-time requirements lower.

So yes, props to you both. You made the battles that much more interesting.

DeletedUser79042

The Reds finally got you Raven :) Maybe you were just like ... NATO. :)

DeletedUser

Heh - I said it would be hard to recover from. Not impossible. Gimme some time.
And coffee.
Definitely gonna need some coffee for this.

KarmaX

Thanks for the compliments to our tribe members. Yes, they do speak english, but they do speak other languages too. They just like keeping low profile and attacking and has always followed orders very well. I wish I could have all of my players follow orders quite well, but that is what keeps a tribe alive, diversity. With all pro players a tribe would be dead with no fun and spams in off topic.

DeletedUser

I'll give props to Vult on my part of the world. He is doing very well but seems to be lazy at times. :icon_wink:

jakeeboy

haha SFC,

Seriously though, Arasd and Lap have been beast for RAM and they do not get much praise in our forums either, but damn, they do a good job, and to get the better of Raven means they must be doing something right :p

MR.MR

Thanks for the compliments to our tribe members. Yes, they do speak english, but they do speak other languages too. They just like keeping low profile and attacking and has always followed orders very well. I wish I could have all of my players follow orders quite well, but that is what keeps a tribe alive, diversity. With all pro players a tribe would be dead with no fun and spams in off topic.

I have played in tribes that were comprised fully of "pro players", and those were some of the spammiest/most fun forums ever... (Not referring to Phoenx or w30)

PS: Lapatuska doesn't personally speak English, this I know for a fact, but through use of a translator he is able to communicate. (Not that it matters, just throwing it out as a fact for clarification)

DeletedUser

Decent to see a decent prop. kudos lads.

( - karma - stop using it as a pnp microphone)