[PSA] THE's view on war.

DeletedUser

JP is a pioneer in the lost art of propaganda, and while this may not be a masterpiece, it's certainly something new and to my knowledge has not been done before on the .net server.

Lol! So true, but there are some of us that keep the art alive. :icon_smile:

artificial intelligence

I think everyone was convinced of your main point before you made this little entertaining clip, but for bored people like myself: keep 'em coming!

slates9

Gratz on the vid JPohlman, really interesting and funyn to watch.

Definetely something new :icon_razz:

DeletedUser59451

Definitely something new, il give you that, but i also thought it was very weird. Alot of my r.l friends play TW, so I am not unfamiliar to talking about tw out loud, however a broadcast just looks a bit strange. It would be interesting if it caught on, however you won't find me getting behind the webcam.. :p

the pink panther

Really, none of my rl friends play TW at all.

I wonder if this will catch on....

DeletedUser

I think I would have enjoyed it much more if he was wearing an Optimus Prime helmet.

DeletedUser92

Omg.... For real...

We once were at war with CBTF on world 6, but isn't this going a bit far ? You are talking like it is real.

YOU take this game way to serious.

PS: Concrete Keep it up man! Don't surrender to that Muppet ;)

See ya on world 6!

...Okay. We must have missed the part where I said this was going to be "in character." You might as well say Brad Pitt really is the subconscious personality of Edward Norton after watching Fight Club.

I went for an effect. It sounds like I got that effect, even if it wasn't perfectly done. And, I know it wasn't perfectly done. The sound wasn't what it sounded like on my laptop, but its not bad enough to justify spending an hour trying to edit it and another half-hour trying to upload it.

When I came up with this idea, I was thinking of going more for a Darth Vader approach; I was going to play with lighting and wear a hooded sweater to mask my face. I was going to try to make my voice sound somewhat inhuman. Instead, I decided to go for something more relaxed, on the surface, but dangerous underneath. I almost went with the V for Vendetta movie's style. But what's this got to do with anything?

...It was in character. Take it with a grain of salt and laugh. I mean, FFS, I put AK_Iceman up as Frosty the Goddamn Snowman. If that doesn't tip you off that its supposed to be taken somewhat lightly, then...*Shrug* Well, then I guess you're the one taking it too seriously.

To the rest of you. To those who enjoyed it, to those who didn't love it but haven't gotten too out of hand about it. Hey! Thanks! Its appreciated! Like I said, I've got an interest in video and the like, and I figured this'd be a nice way to practice my editing, learn how to upload things to Youtube, and the rest. And, I learned a lot. :) So, thank you for helping me learn this process!

slates9

Maybe next time you should go for a Freddy vs. Jason style mask instead? That would creep out a few people

DeletedUser

too weird . too weird . its like live action roleplay.....one step too far

I think a voice over to a slide show would have worked better

I disagree, the way Jesse portrayed himself in character was excellent, and insomuch, poignantly intensified the overall effect. Had it just been a voice over, it would have lost much of its value in my eyes.

I for one hope to see more from him.

Really, none of my rl friends play TW at all.

I wonder if this will catch on....

Same for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ermmm * speechless *

I have actually never even seen a EQ player do that in my Guild before. Im .. well ... ermmm

heck..

DeletedUser

Ermmm * speechless *

I have actually never even seen a EQ player do that in my Guild before. Im .. well ... ermmm

heck..

the feck you haven't seen Eq'ers do something related!!!...all Eq'ers know "lightning bolt, lightning bolt". I will find the video but don;t want to derail this artisitic thread by JP.

So great job again JP :p

Maybe Dalowin and I will do something like this, haha. The Margaritaville song in person. or not...

Edit: Sorry JP they have to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

the pink panther

What the hell is EQ, however this would have worked better with a more.... camera friendly face like mine :p

sjlives

...Okay. We must have missed the part where I said this was going to be "in character." You might as well say Brad Pitt really is the subconscious personality of Edward Norton after watching Fight Club.

I went for an effect. It sounds like I got that effect, even if it wasn't perfectly done. And, I know it wasn't perfectly done. The sound wasn't what it sounded like on my laptop, but its not bad enough to justify spending an hour trying to edit it and another half-hour trying to upload it.

When I came up with this idea, I was thinking of going more for a Darth Vader approach; I was going to play with lighting and wear a hooded sweater to mask my face. I was going to try to make my voice sound somewhat inhuman. Instead, I decided to go for something more relaxed, on the surface, but dangerous underneath. I almost went with the V for Vendetta movie's style. But what's this got to do with anything?

...It was in character. Take it with a grain of salt and laugh. I mean, FFS, I put AK_Iceman up as Frosty the Goddamn Snowman. If that doesn't tip you off that its supposed to be taken somewhat lightly, then...*Shrug* Well, then I guess you're the one taking it too seriously.

To the rest of you. To those who enjoyed it, to those who didn't love it but haven't gotten too out of hand about it. Hey! Thanks! Its appreciated! Like I said, I've got an interest in video and the like, and I figured this'd be a nice way to practice my editing, learn how to upload things to Youtube, and the rest. And, I learned a lot. :) So, thank you for helping me learn this process!

Next time try to be more threatning and ehhh scary! :icon_cool:

DeletedUser92

Yeah. I'm told that I pulled "creepy" off pretty well. Why be scary or threatening when you can be just plain creepy? If you unnerve someone, you unnerve them. Otherwise...

...Yeah. Mellow out, ya'll. There is absolutely no difference between writing a 10-paragraph P&P post with DeMotivators, stats, and other P&P artifacts and doing a video. In fact, its easier to do the video. Now that I know what I know about the software, uploading and the rest? Its much, much easier.

DeletedUser

wait, that wasn't a real picture?

but to give constructive criticism: you were overacting it a tad imo. Less gestures woulda been better.

Then again: for not rehearsing it was pretty darned good :)

DeletedUser92

The gestures got to ya? Hmm. Interesting! I thought it was mostly an appropriate count; if not, well, some were me scratching an itch or the like. I'll have to give that some thought if I do something like this again.

Otherwise, thanks. :)

P.S. I put up the real AK_Iceman as well, he's the dude with the target dog.

DeletedUser

the feck you haven't seen Eq'ers do something related!!!...all Eq'ers know "lightning bolt, lightning bolt".

haha, my brother and I played EverQuest (eq) for years! were the only ones in the family that know what we are talking about when we are together =P. we make in-game references on purpose just to piss our wives off =D.

/gate! /gate! she's coming cast evacuate! lolzorz! and thats about time his wife or mine clonk one of us on the head pretty good.

obviously the spell fizzled :icon_eek:.

DeletedUser

Very amusing and original 10/10 ! More originality from everyone please !