Punishing the nubz in K54

Sellsword

Even in real life the victors give the defeated a chance to join them and surrender, its the way of ways.

Not true. There have been many documented instances of one side trying to completely slaughter the other.

Works very well in TW, too. Sending all members of an enemy tribe to the rim is something peple take note of.

DeletedUser

both points are true it depends on the victor really i suppose

given the circumstances would you kill your enemy or replenish your losses with their survivors?

Sellsword

given the circumstances would you kill your enemy or replenish your losses with their survivors?

Depends on the circumstances, the potential recruits and the message you're sending with the victory.

DeletedUser

what about the fatigue of your own side is it worth chasing them down?, will it prove detrimental to chase them and "rim" the enemy?

and the recruits in question are the ones that were the most loyal and put up the biggest fight to stop you.

DeletedUser

Not true. There have been many documented instances of one side trying to completely slaughter the other.

Works very well in TW, too. Sending all members of an enemy tribe to the rim is something peple take note of.

True but those people are not remembered as great warriors or leaders but "mass murderers" :icon_evil:

but coming back to tw
what happens to the remains of the fallen here are based on interest of the victor and from whatever knowledge i have had about TW
I think a good loyal player is an asset for the tribe and better than a 1000 villages

So if you ask me then no, i won't go around killing everyone in my path to prove any point
but i would rather recruit the decent ones to multiply my strength and recover my losses and be ready for another battle ASAP

now i am not the one incharge of the decision making in my tribe but given the circumstances in k54 and with more potent threats around, i would have preferred to be done with this farming wars scenario soon as i can and let my tribe focus on growth towards nobles and its good to see our leaders are doing that exactly and which obviously isn't a good thing when looked at from Phoenx point of view :lol:

And to add to the news

ROMA1 is disbanded
and ROMA doesn't know what to do about the continuous incoming farming and catting raids :icon_evil:

54447888629571726359.jpg

DeletedUser

True but those people are not remembered as great warriors or leaders but "mass murderers" :icon_evil:

Vlad tepes AKA vlad the impaler

Ivan the terrible

Ghenghis Khan

Atilla the Hun

to name but a few

and as you also said a loyal player is better then a 1000 villages as you know what villages he does have wether 1 or 1000 will be used for the good of the tribe

Sellsword

(...)
So if you ask me then no, i won't go around killing everyone in my path to prove any point
but i would rather recruit the decent ones to multiply my strength and recover my losses and be ready for another battle ASAP

And that's where you go wrong. I'd rather have 50 members that willl set alarm clocks to have a tribal op succeed than 100 who just like you because you've spared them.

It's all about what you get from the game. You get yours, I get mine :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

than 100 who just like you because you've spared them.

i never said i like having 100 people in my tribe and apparently that's the worst thing for a tribe as those 100 are never all active in the tribal activities and become a load not worth haulin in the long run

but if you are not willing to give anyone a chance, how would you know the person you just rejected might have been the best asset for your tribe in the coming days?

giving a chance and rejected after having checked is one thing and rejecting without knowing is another

only believing and trusting your current tribemates all the time and not allowing any changes is a problem and the same problem i have seen many tribes go down for and most of them happen to be premades :lol:

You can't simply just expect your 20 odd people to do everything for you, they will need breaks, they will get out of troops, they will become bored and other RL issues and that is the times when you sit and think
what if i had recruited a few more good people when i had the chance ...

Sellsword

(...)
You can't simply just expect your 20 odd people to do everything for you, they will need breaks, they will get out of troops, they will become bored and other RL issues and that is the times when you sit and think
what if i had recruited a few more good people when i had the chance ...

In general I agree, but there can be specific circumstances where you just want to send all of them to the rim. Don't forget the morale lift your own tribe will get from such an accomplishment, as well as the territory gain. Allowing your members to truly pursue their targets and to finish what they started will genberally make players incredibly happy.

How many times have you fought in a war, you're doing well against one of the enemy's best, and then the dukes decide on "peace", a merge, or selective recruitment of the enemy, leaving you without the rewards you've fought for? I think there are moments when it''s better to let your members go completely berserk on the enemy and to enjoy the morale and villa boost, than recruiting a couple of worthwhile dudes.

And also, it looks good on the forums. People go like "hey, whatever happened to that top 20 tribe?" And then you say "we declared war".

DeletedUser

Ha thanks for posting this topic.
I enjoyed reading this

DeletedUser95242

ive watched the film gengus khan sorry for spelling, i watched it in mongolian, and the reason he bacame the most feared succesful leader in the region was because the armys he defeated he spared there warriors after defeating them, thus making his army stronger the next time for battle, which in turn he always won, so us recruiting the best players of those beaten by us is a very good idea, that good in fact that other tribes are merging now in fear of us beating roma, and we have disbanded 1 tribe already doing this method and our results so far have meant we are only getting better and higher, so we shall continue in the way that is best, as results speak for themselves

Sellsword

(...) so we shall continue in the way that is best, as results speak for themselves

I am glad you know the bestest way to win wars! Wish everyone here had heard of this before, so we didn't have to have all those debates and thoughtfully outlined differences of opinion. And where did you get this bestest way to win wars? From a movie. Now there's a paradigm one can be proud of!

DeletedUser

In general I agree, but there can be specific circumstances where you just want to send all of them to the rim. Don't forget the morale lift your own tribe will get from such an accomplishment, as well as the territory gain. Allowing your members to truly pursue their targets and to finish what they started will genberally make players incredibly happy.

How many times have you fought in a war, you're doing well against one of the enemy's best, and then the dukes decide on "peace", a merge, or selective recruitment of the enemy, leaving you without the rewards you've fought for? I think there are moments when it''s better to let your members go completely berserk on the enemy and to enjoy the morale and villa boost, than recruiting a couple of worthwhile dudes.

And also, it looks good on the forums. People go like "hey, whatever happened to that top 20 tribe?" And then you say "we declared war".

again
i never said that you must always recruit people from wars

i was just saying its not a completely wrong idea nor can be termed "mass recruiting"

and generally speaking
i won't let my guys go berserk ever

everything must be done with proper and careful planning and all members must follow the plan
its not about what one member wants but its what is best for the whole tribe at that very instance and for the future

a tribe that is good at killing but can't follow a plan is not a tribe but a selfish untamed mob ready to burst out when going gets hard

anyways
Unless i have failed to understand TW politics somehow
Most of the wars that are won here don't always involve exchange of troops :icon_wink:

Sellsword

again
i never said that you must always recruit people from wars

i was just saying its not a completely wrong idea nor can be termed "mass recruiting"

You need to read a little bit more carefully -- I neither said that recruiting from an enemy tribe is mass-recruiting nor did I say that it's a wrong idea to do so. I just said there can be circumstances where you choose another route. It's not a black-or-white deal. Not every situation can be dealt with in the same manner.

^^ Given the circumstances of these early wars, the best way would usually be to pick up the enemy's best.

DeletedUser

You need to read a little bit more carefully -- I neither said that recruiting from an enemy tribe is mass-recruiting nor did I say that it's a wrong idea to do so. I just said there can be circumstances where you choose another route. It's not a black-or-white deal. Not every situation can be dealt with in the same manner.

and you too
i was only referring to the following :p
then for your leaders to go and recruit from that tribe, would suggest your leaders are mass recruiting.

^^ Given the circumstances of these early wars, the best way would usually be to pick up the enemy's best.

exactly

and honestly
i don't really think both our opinions differ much except a little bit here and there but we have only been debating for the sake of debating and proving ourselves right :p

Sellsword

i don't really think both our opinions differ much except a little bit here and there but we have only been debating for the sake of debating and proving ourselves right :p

For once we agree :icon_biggrin:

So now that we've gotten that figured out, how's the wqar going? Anyone noble yet? Maybe a count of players forced to quit, or a map showeing where attacks are taking place? Overview of war-time recruitment?

DeletedUser

Well

ROMA disbanded their academy and joined Hide (top tribe in our continent) as their academy and both changed their names to UN 54 and UN 54A something and two other tribes which i would not name here yet are also allied with them and together they think they can bring us down

But it's not like we haven't been aware of this and we have always known this secret alliance but focusing on killing ROMA family first was top priority and we pretty much succeeded in doing that and now the time for making more farms :D

So all in all we got all noobs listed on our maps and all noobs under one single banner and we get our daily doses of laughs when we scout them and in return they empty their defensive villages with a sword/spear strike on our villas lol

The good thing however is that in all this mess we didn't neglect our overall growth towards nobles and eventhough we were delayed a little but we have started outing nobles and the next week is going to be even more messier but this noobish alliance hardly has much good villages to offer so we have to look somewhere else ;)

And as about the recruiting
Our recruiting of ROMA/HIDE members was based on depriving them of their top players and trying to lower the overall morale for the message sent across wasn't to join us but leave those tribes and join whatever other tribes they want as long as they haven't been involved in any troop exchange with our guys

so those of them who applied and were checked and considered worthy were allowed to enlist with us...

DeletedUser

so what about this alliance you got with god ? when i spoke to the duke of god he mentioned that circus, GOD, HIDE, and ROMA, where allied and going agsint phoenx, then i talked to some FIN members, and i got forwarded the war declaration a FIN member sent to all the tribes in k54 cept phoenx :p it clearly says your to take out phoenx lol.

so can you comment on this issue ? cause someone if speaking with a split tongue.

DeletedUser

Caitlyn of GreyJoyce today at 02:30
=WAR= =WAR= =WAR=

The situation on this continent is becoming terribly stupid. All the players of [ally]GOD[/ally] are allied with the large [ally]CIRCUS[/ally] tribe and the old ROMA + IS tribes are now linked togheter in a good team named :
[ally]UN 54[/ally]

Two others tribes are their sisters tribes : [ally]UN 54A[/ally] and
[ally]GOD+[/ally] and even [ally]HIDE[/ally] in the party!

Then my tribe [ally]FIN[/ally] is about to merge into [ally]CIRCUS[/ally] too

So we will have 2 large alliances fighting each others while a tribe is slowly emerging from the fog. Who?....[ally]Phoenix[/ally]

This [ally]Phoenix[/ally] tribe is trying to keep the power of all tribes around but they act very selfish because all of you mates are trying to become their allies and they don't want to talk to you, they don't want to recruit you, they don't want to make treaties because they just want to keep their damn pride for themselves as they are supposed to choose their allies!

The truth is that i don't blame them, they are strong and kind of elite tribe. Their chief is remaining sure of its victory with time...but I will not see all the lesser tribes fall into a chaos! I want to give all the players a chance that nobody is able to get except us...or course! ALL of us. We can achieve a major victory here by grouping all the tribes against a common and brutal foe who only wants to let you boys clashing endlessly until you will all fall by weakening yourselves for months to come...

So sorry to all my ennemies, my mates, my PA's my potential allies, or friends, and even my future ennemy...Now I am sending this mail to all of you because this continent needs a Leader with a Vision. The cruel lack of faith and vision of the selfish players are so terrible that you don't even see who can worth more than a single look! I ask to all the tribes to stop the large scale war between minor factions and attack togheter the Phoenix tribe right now. They asked me for help as the minor tribes are about to destroy them. They cannot hold against 400 players even if they think that we are noob. The are weakened for now, yes. They are standing in front of you boys and girls and they don't stand a chance if we work in team. But for this, I need to see players ready to work togheter. I need to see players who will talk a lot, discuss, plan attack. Damn boys, damn girls who are you all?!!

I see potential, I see leadership, I see tons of qualities and why are you unable to put confidence in someone like me, like the Hide's members, like GOD's friends, like FIN's incredible mates, like the warriors in CIRCUS!

Let's fight togheter to crush an opponent who have village of 3000 or 4000 pts. No matter who wants to have it, I will give away my resources to the players in Hide if needed, or I will send my troops to support ROMA even if they sent us attack in FIN. WE are like Scottish clans in a Brave Heart movie. I am not William Wallace I am Caitlyn of GreyJoyce, and I ask you to hold the line and charge togheter for prooving to our dear ennemies of Phoenix that when an entity think that controlling a continent is an easy thing.....this is because they don't know that we are here to stay!

Let's fight men! Let's fight mates! This continent needs a single tribe and a single alliance to stay on top. Do you want to be part of an alliance with 400 players all coming from GOD, ROMA, CIRCUS, FIN, IS, HIDE, or do you prefer to be eat one by one by harsh and elitist tribes like Phoenix?!

Send mails to all your mates and make it happens. And you leaders from all around the tribes, if you want to keep your power and rise a day, you should use this event to ensure that you will stay alive and ready to fight!

AGAINST [ally]Phoenx[/ally]!!! Only the best can survive? nooo...only the fittest can survive! That's the difference! This is a call for friendhsip and team play for this entire continent! We can become the more powerfull Tribal Alliance in this world. All of you can form a Councill and leads. I do not request nothing except to play with players who worth my devotion!

ATTACK [ally]Phoenx[/ally]!!!
Stop to play selfish...