Question about Infractions and Sigs

DeletedUser

Hello, I assume you all have been reading the 'WTF? related threads, but I have a question, a while ago I got an infaction for saying 'Ah sh**' in a post, it is clear what I meant, even though the it is has been replaced with *.

But I have found out from Nat whom got a mail from jikri saying that '"Shit" isn't considered swearing as long as it's not directed at someone.' this means that shit is allowed in most contexts bar 'you are ****' (****=cash lol)

This should mean that I shouldnt have had the infraction, correct?

Also, about sigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackandcoke
How about that your signature IS offensive due to that fact that it IS involving poland being taken over in WW2?
>
So the fact that Poland was conquered in WWII is offensive? How? It is a fact.

This means that if a comment in a sig is a fact, then it isnt offensive, so (only example i can think of) Holocaust related sigs are okay, as it happened? Is that correct also, or am I misinterpreting it?

Also, I find it funny that morthy edited Jirki post as he sed the f word

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
1) "Shit" isn't infractionable unless it's directed at a person or overused.

2) There's a huge difference between a military conquer (Germany/Soviet conquering Poland) and the Holocaust (an attempt to exterminate a whole race). If you don't understand the difference, I suggest that you attend the History and Language classes a bit more.

DeletedUser

1) "Shit" isn't infractionable unless it's directed at a person or overused.

2) There's a huge difference between a military conquer (Germany/Soviet conquering Poland) and the Holocaust (an attempt to exterminate a whole race). If you don't understand the difference, I suggest that you attend the History and Language classes a bit more.

OK and No, because the Invasion of Poland was a direct cause of world war 2, and I really cant remember the exact number of people who died in ww2, 70 mill rings a bell, about 40 mil of those were innocent civilians. and 70 million dead is a shit load more than 7~8million

And the holocaust was the only one i could think of off the top of my head, and we were talking ww2, and if we are going on a numbers game, in that case 9/11, 7/7, bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, JFK assassination, etc etc etc are fine

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
OK and No, because the Invasion of Poland was a direct cause of world war 2, and I really cant remember the exact number of people who died in ww2, 70 mill rings a bell, about 40 mil of those were innocent civilians. and 70 million dead is a shit load more than 7~8million

And the holocaust was the only one i could think of off the top of my head, and we were talking ww2, and if we are going on a numbers game, in that case 9/11, 7/7, bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, JFK assassination, etc etc etc are fine

WWII was a war, and people die in war. You argue that the German invasion of Poland was a "direct cause" of the Second World War. That is even incorrect. The German invasion of Poland was the trigger; the causes of the war includes things like the Treaty of Versailles, the Nazi Party's rise to power, the economical crisis in Germany and the British/French leniency with German annexations of Czechoslovakia, Austria and Hungary. So that argument is plainly wrong. A war is a war, and people die in a war. My signature have no reference whatsoever either to the Holocaust or the bombings of Nagasaki or Hiroshima.

rbh135

Hello, I assume you all have been reading the 'WTF? related threads, but I have a question, a while ago I got an infaction for saying 'Ah sh**' in a post, it is clear what I meant, even though the it is has been replaced with *.

But I have found out from Nat whom got a mail from jikri saying that '"Shit" isn't considered swearing as long as it's not directed at someone.' this means that shit is allowed in most contexts bar 'you are ****' (****=cash lol)

This should mean that I shouldnt have had the infraction, correct?

Also, about sigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackandcoke
How about that your signature IS offensive due to that fact that it IS involving poland being taken over in WW2?
>
So the fact that Poland was conquered in WWII is offensive? How? It is a fact.

This means that if a comment in a sig is a fact, then it isnt offensive, so (only example i can think of) Holocaust related sigs are okay, as it happened? Is that correct also, or am I misinterpreting it?

Also, I find it funny that morthy edited Jirki post as he sed the f word
Why post this here and not pm it directly to jirki?
He's going to put you down so why get embarrassed publicly instead of privately? :s
Do you think we're going to be on your side or anything? :lol:
It's jirki. You can't fight that :\

DeletedUser

WWII was a war, and people die in war. You argue that the German invasion of Poland was a "direct cause" of the Second World War. That is even incorrect. The German invasion of Poland was the trigger; the causes of the war includes things like the Treaty of Versailles, the Nazi Party's rise to power, the economical crisis in Germany and the British/French leniency with German annexations of Czechoslovakia, Austria and Hungary. So that argument is plainly wrong. A war is a war, and people die in a war. My signature have no reference whatsoever either to the Holocaust or the bombings of Nagasaki or Hiroshima.

I really fail to see how you can just say that is invalid, as the British and French declared on Nazi Germany when they invaded Poland, it was the straw that broke the camels back. T of V, and all the reasons you have listed are other causes of the war as well as the invasion of Poland, you cannot ignore one of the most valid reasons the war broke out, but then you might as well say if Hitler was a better painter the second world war wouldn't have happened, which may have been true, all we no is that he wasnt successful and war broke out :)

Also, about the sig thing, I didnt really explain myself very well at all, what I was trying to say is that if I made a sig about the holocaust it would be allowed as it is a fact and it caused less deaths than WW2, if you follow? ( i am properly not making it clear still)

edit-did you know Michael Wittman was statically the 3rd best tank commander Nazi Germany had

double edit-Because it is a general question about world 38 and the rules within them, 'W38 General discussion:' 6 and two 3s lol

Last edited by a moderator:

rbh135

I really fail to see how you can just say that is invalid, as the British and French declared on Nazi Germany when they invaded Poland, it was the straw that broke the camels back. T of V, and all the reasons you have listed are other causes of the war as well as the invasion of Poland, you cannot ignore one of the most valid reasons the war broke out, but then you might as well say if Hitler was a better painter the second world war wouldn't have happened, which may have been true, all we no is that he wasnt successful and war broke out :)

Also, about the sig thing, I didnt really explain myself very well at all, what I was trying to say is that if I made a sig about the holocaust it would be allowed as it is a fact and it caused less deaths than WW2, if you follow? ( i am properly not making it clear still)

edit-did you know Michael Wittman was statically the 3rd best tank commander Nazi Germany had

double edit-Because it is a general question about world 38 and the rules within them, 'W38 General discussion:' 6 and two 3s lol
You're all just following a trend of poking on the administrator. They have enough work to do then argue with every single person with nothing else better to do. So he made a mistake. One person pointing it out is more then enough. No reason for everyone that feels offended by a fly passing by needs to make a thread about it.
Michael Wittman killed my girlfriend's great uncle's mother-in-law!
I'm offended! Change that sig now!!one!! :icon_rolleyes:

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score

No, a signature about the Holocaust wouldn't be acceptable. We don't allow racial stuff to be brought in; WWII is acceptable since this is a war-game, and that was a war. The Holocaust was sure a part of that war, but it's still not suitable to bring in here.

Whether Michael Wittman a Nazi-German tank-commander or not, I don't care about? The only Nazi's we would prohibit the use of their names here is people like Hitler, Göring, Rommel, Goebbels and similiar characters, that was politically extreme and driving within the Nazist ideology.

The use of names like Wittman, Guderian, Rommel and similiar is allowed, since those were military commanders and this is a war-game.

Also, the invasion wasn't a CAUSE of the war, it was the direct TRIGGER of the war. The causes were back before the German invasion of Poland. The German invasion of Poland was triggered by Polish refusal to give up territory Germany lost during WWI as well as the British-French reaction to the annexation of Austria and Czechoslovakia mainly. Those things are CAUSES, while the invasion of Poland is a TRIGGER. It's not the cause of the war; nor is it the war itself; it's the trigger of the war.

DeletedUser

Okay, I will admit fault in my error of claiming a cause and a trigger were the same thing, although I did mean cause in a very general sense, unfortunately GCSE History dosnt use the term tigger :D , maybe in a few more years I might have decided to take History in uni and find fault in the term trigger and it should be another word, and I will be back for you Jirki... (also, sorry if i have been spelling your name wrong, i new which letters, just not the order)

but in short, thanks for answering my questions, No and No :) So i should have never gotten that infraction...man that infraction really messed up my life *thinks to his addiction on licking post stamps*

Also, Rbh shhhhh....Jirki and I are/were talking lol

DeletedUser

Whether Michael Wittman a Nazi-German tank-commander or not, I don't care about? The only Nazi's we would prohibit the use of their names here is people like Hitler, Göring, Rommel, Goebbels and similiar characters, that was politically extreme and driving within the Nazist ideology.

The use of names like Wittman, Guderian, Rommel and similiar is allowed, since those were military commanders and this is a war-game.

I confuzzed... What's a Rommel? And why is he both allowed and not? :p