Question for the awesomest mod in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why do you infract people for "posting off topic?" Do you really care or is it just a since of power?
Or some other means of importance to you? Liek if I was a Mod...the only time I'd infract is if someone was cussing leftand right, questioning my ability/jugdement (dealing with mod issues), or seriously offending someone.

And to the people out there other than the awesomest mod...no I didn't get infracted (I don't think anyways), this is not what its about, I seriously just want to know.

DeletedUser

The way I see it is, if you go off topic...Oh well, eventually someone is going to go into the forum post something on topic, bringing the hole thread on topic....just let it run it's course :/

And no I'm not questioning your moding in any way, shape, or form. :)

DeletedUser

You double posted.

That's considered spam in this W forum.

DeletedUser

I would have to say it's part of any mods job to keep threads on the topic and relatively spam free

if a threads topic is no longer relevant it usually dies out and becomes replaced on the first page by more relevant topics some would consider any further addition to a topic that is no longer relevant to be spam and or off topic (even if it was on topic to begin with) E.G. the 7 month bump of a dead thread

if your posting in a thread and not discussing the topic of the thread then your counter productive to the very existence of the thread itself, which is to discuss a certain topic, thus bringing it offtopic/derailed and it is most likely considered spam E.G. hijacking a thread

even if the direction of the tangent/offtopicness is more popular than the threads topic it is still offtopic

if one feels the need to discuss a topic that no current threads cover then one should create a new one for discussion

these could be just some of the reasons a mod would in fact infract you

Inb4 don't discuss bans on forum

Wallam

I would have to say it's part of any mods job to keep threads on the topic and relatively spam free

if a threads topic is no longer relevant it usually dies out and becomes replaced on the first page by more relevant topics some would consider any further addition to a topic that is no longer relevant to be spam and or off topic (even if it was on topic to begin with) E.G. the 7 month bump of a dead thread

if your posting in a thread and not discussing the topic of the thread then your counter productive to the very existence of the thread itself, which is to discuss a certain topic, thus bringing it offtopic/derailed and it is most likely considered spam E.G. hijacking a thread

even if the direction of the tangent/offtopicness is more popular than the threads topic it is still offtopic

if one feels the need to discuss a topic that no current threads cover then one should create a new one for discussion

these could be just some of the reasons a mod would in fact infract you

Inb4 don't discuss bans on forum

This.

I may also add that you shouldnt talk about modding like this on the forums, and double posting is considered spam.

If you posted a topic about war that you want people posting stats and using it for propaganda against other tribes, do you want people talking about cheeseburgers and posting pictures of lolcats, I think not? Hence why a mod is here, the mod also has to follow the rules which are set by the forum as a whole but there is, of course, an element of personal jugdement.

Hence even if any mod wanted to allow spam, which I doubt, if someone reported a post, they have to deal with it, especially if it breaks the rules.

DeletedUser

I rz asking the greatest mod in the world!!!!!!
NOT YOU!!!!
Though I appretiate (<--Spelling?) the input....
Infractions don't bother me :/ even though I stated what I would do if I was mod.
likey, that's not happening (Though it would be totalyz awesomerz)
Infractions most of the time wear off, so I could really care less...unless it's liek a perma one :/
And the answer to your question wallam is yes, Cheese Burgers and lolcats are perfectly acceptible in my post :)
Because like I said, spam really doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ban hin amanda!!!!!!!!! :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Wallam

who me?:icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Yes you channy, your already 1 point away from a ban :icon_confused: and you post a lot of stuff that you could get infracted for till I tell you to change it :D

DeletedUser

Yes you channy, your already 1 point away from a ban :icon_confused: and you post a lot of stuff that you could get infracted for till I tell you to change it :D

im to cool to ban ^_^ i did get another point last night buut im still here :)

DeletedUser

No really, I don't need more of y'all on my skype -_-' Less is more, remember that.

Boom, they're all pretty much right in these regards. You did post this in the wrong place, and really if this question is directed solely at me then pm is a more appropriate place for it, not a thread on the forums. Off topic/spam derails the point of a thread, and while you might not mind, many others do. More than that, as a moderator I have to uphold the rules the forums set, and that's one of them.

But I feel the need to point out that I won't always infract if a thread is off topic. Often I just post in it to tell them to get back on topic. While warning/infracting are certainly a strong tool for the moderators to use, you have to realize that it's hardly the only one we use.

Status
Not open for further replies.