Question regarding resource taxes

servy

so the whole thing about this german law is a joke/ if im right in saying this its not a joke lol in my opinion, its very stupid cause i bet some people saw that notice and quit straight away
Lots of people will claim it, very few would even actually try, and fewer still will manage to not come back after a day or two of pouting.

lord_castellan

even though i was a pain in the bum you done a good job on the screenshot, got to give you that... and still people falling for it even after me being a pest:)
<3 thanks ;) Twas fun messing around ^_^

pushpak8888

well you guys did a pretty good job i wasn't fooled this way in my entire life first i read that post and got pretty mad then i logged into my account and saw select new village page and my brain got twisted i though how can i lose 15 villages in 10 hours well i then thought its for good and was about to quit this game forever i saw that April fools message i thought i can play at least till they implement the taxes well now i know its a joke...well anyways you guys made me sleep 2 hours late today due to your mess....

and i would like to thank Corranhorn for finding out the truth otherwise i would have been awake for another 2 hours or so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gambit.2004

1st: yes this is a game, but when you put real money into play then it is no longer a game that you can take lightly. (example: free poker is just for fun. paid poker people have lost their life over.) not cool
2nd: I think servy said it is not real, and the tax will not affect the game, but it is not stated in this manner, so I am not sure.
3rd: the 12pm rule for April Fool's day is generaly accepted. After 12pm you fix any problems that your pranks created so no lasting damage will occur. Remember this is a day for fun not to hurt others (if it was it would not be supported so globaly).

Soft Stuff

Contributing Poster
I understand that it a the change to the law and TW can't do anything about it no matter how much the law shouldn't apply to situations like this.
But can I please know how the heck did they work out that 1000 resources is worth approximately 0.20 euros?????? This means that a player with only ONE village with its resource buildings at level 30 is earning 1.44euros per hour, a player with 10 villages will be earning 14.4euros per hour (this is the equivalent of low paying jobs but you don't have to do anything!!!), a player with 50 villages (easily possible) would be earning 72euros per hour and on the extreme end the players at the top of the charts with over 500 villages are earning 720euros per hour???
But how would they charge us real money?

galak fyarr

Read the article of the BBC and look up this name in Google :

Karl Theodor Helfferich

blodyx

Nice joke, thanks for adding another smile to my lips this day :icon_biggrin: And i also want to add about this so called 12 pm rule. Sure it may be like that where some of us live but for example in my country the entire day is open for this, no restrictions so please people ease up and laugh.

yambag

Non-stop Poster
This thread is so full of idiots.
qft

I can't believe the amount of outrage and anger over this pathetically obvious April Fool's Day prank.

Who really believes that ANY government can justify putting a tax on exchanges that occur within the confines of a game, and result in no real exchange of goods or services?

Are people that gullible?

The only funny part is how many people are STILL falling for it.

sphynxs

this has gone way past april fools for some people, honestly...

PROBLEM IDIOTS?

this is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard, and i cant believe some of you are just gobbling it up... ITS A JOKE!

Corranhorn

Non-stop Poster
qft

I can't believe the amount of outrage and anger over this pathetically obvious April Fool's Day prank.

Who really believes that ANY government can justify putting a tax on exchanges that occur within the confines of a game, and result in no real exchange of goods or services?

Are people that gullible?

The only funny part is how many people are STILL falling for it.
have you not seen the way governments acting now days? They tax absolutely anything they can... probably use the arguement... to trade resources in game you need a PC, this requires electricity, this needs generated and to do so harms the environment, therefore we taxing it :icon_razz:

Fishycheese

Wow some people really will believe ANYTHING...

Just a few hints for people who dont believe:

Look at the screenshot:
1) Its a German Tax pax, on the England section
2) Open up ANY bbc news page, and look at the top of the browser, it will give you the name of the Story aswell.
3) He's clearly eddited the "Council Shakes up affect millions page, read the blue box in the bottom right, doesnt fit in :p.

However, i have to admit, i did check my BBC News RSS feed for it lol...

lord_castellan

Oh dear, we've been through this already. Not once. Not twice but half a dozen bleeding times!

I'm half tempted to go stab/grab/make a mod lock this. Or whatever you do to get their attention.

Tricking and annoying people was fun. Ten hours ago. Now I'm bored and need other forms of mildly amusing entertainment in the form of comedy, preferably making fun of people not with people.

d5t6y7

Wow some people really will believe ANYTHING...

Just a few hints for people who dont believe:

Look at the screenshot:
1) Its a German Tax pax, on the England section
2) Open up ANY bbc news page, and look at the top of the browser, it will give you the name of the Story aswell.
3) He's clearly eddited the "Council Shakes up affect millions page, read the blue box in the bottom right, doesnt fit in :p.

However, i have to admit, i did check my BBC News RSS feed for it lol...

if this is a joke then it

mad825

Oh dear, we've been through this already. Not once. Not twice but half a dozen bleeding times!

I'm half tempted to go stab/grab/make a mod lock this. Or whatever you do to get their attention.

Tricking and annoying people was fun. Ten hours ago. Now I'm bored and need other forms of mildly amusing entertainment in the form of comedy, preferably making fun of people not with people.
lol disappearing helps

nuttyluke

I almost commited suicide then
jesus, you got me good
i thought it was real this tax but it was the crafty tribalwars team playing yet another joke

yambag

Non-stop Poster
have you not seen the way governments acting now days? They tax absolutely anything they can... probably use the arguement... to trade resources in game you need a PC, this requires electricity, this needs generated and to do so harms the environment, therefore we taxing it :icon_razz:
I can't believe I'm responding to this, but I am.

Do politicians suck? Yes. There's no doubting that.

Can politicians tax a fake transaction of fake goods between two fake entities? No. Not in this universe. Not ever.

Now I must go away from this thread before I have a stroke from the nearly toxic levels of Down Syndrome being exhibited here.

Destroyers2

dudes...one time TW Staff try to have a little fun and play a joke on a fun game...and people get mad and go crazy...chill...no one cares that you got scared and nearly quit...I was the same way...but I found it's a joke...so I just laughed...same with the in game joke...so those still whining...get over it...it's a joke...so laugh...

Scn64

Wait...they just announced that it IS a joke....but it's still April 1st so I'm confused, is it real or not?