Question!

DeletedUser20932

Can we choose were to start?.. i do hope so :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

re

The general consensus is no, but someone has PMed one of the admins to check so we should know shortly hopefully.

DeletedUser

Disorganized makes a far more entertaining world. I vouch for the removal of a choice.

DeletedUser20932

we already have 2 worlds without the possibility of choosing where to start.. i really want this world not to be the same

DeletedUser

re

Introducing the starting location choice sort of ruined it for me. In the old worlds you could only choose starting location after being rimmed. If this is based on the old style same rules should apply.

DeletedUser

@-ata-
If the latest two worlds (13, 14) are the worlds you are referring to, and World 15 is looking to be unchosen, I think we can safely say this world will follow the same new set up.

Death Blitz

Excellent. I think that it will make for a much more competitive world without the pre-planned domination strategy of pre-made tribes.

DeletedUser14038

I vouch for being able to choose where you go, 3 worlds having the unchoice and not having one isn't that fair to people who want the choice.

Jasej

But, as mentioned elsewhere, that would give an advantage to premade 'elite' tribes, wouldn't it?

I mean, I honestly don't know much about TW, but as I see it what the creators are aiming for is a (kind of) sandbox war game where everybody starts out with the same opportunities. I personally see the idea of not getting to choose direction as a step to give everybody an equal opportunity of doing good.

That being said, I don't really care about the direction choice when joining a server, neither do I mind premade tribes.

DeletedUser14038

But, as mentioned elsewhere, that would give an advantage to premade 'elite' tribes, wouldn't it?

I mean, I honestly don't know much about TW, but as I see it what the creators are aiming for is a (kind of) sandbox war game where everybody starts out with the same opportunities. I personally see the idea of not getting to choose direction as a step to give everybody an equal opportunity of doing good.

That being said, I don't really care about the direction choice when joining a server, neither do I mind premade tribes.

3 worlds have been set for people to have "equal opportunity" but I see no opportunity for people to make premade tribes, a tribe with friends to enjoy game play with, premade tribes do not alway mean "elite" tribes.

Jasej

Not necessarily, but my experience of premade tribes (granted, as I've said, I don't know much about it) is that they generally consist of some of the higher profile players, meaning that even though it's "just to play with friends", the better players will often be in premade tribes with other good players.

That aside, after reconsidering, I actually hope to have direction choice in this world, as I'm hoping to start this world together with some friends from real life.

Hmm.. I think I might just have countered my own argument.. I'm not sure, though..

DeletedUser14038

Not necessarily, but my experience of premade tribes (granted, as I've said, I don't know much about it) is that they generally consist of some of the higher profile players, meaning that even though it's "just to play with friends", the better players will often be in premade tribes with other good players.

That aside, after reconsidering, I actually hope to have direction choice in this world, as I'm hoping to start this world together with some friends from real life.

Hmm.. I think I might just have countered my own argument.. I'm not sure, though..

I agree some premade tribes try to have some experienced players but the people like in bold is also not really getting looked at as none out of the 4 worlds seem to being able to have the choice where you're placed, I myself have had conversations about people not being able to play with real life/tw friends and sometimes even join different tribes thrus not enjoying the game at the max and not with friends and I myself also like to play together with friends so I can work together with them and enjoy this game more.

I personaly think 3 (4) worlds not having a choice is unfair to alot of players.

Jasej

True.

I'm afraid you've brought me from indifference to care, I would very much like to play with my friends now.

in active

Preferably the starting locations will not be a choice. I am starting to get what openeye says about pre-made tribes. They continually play with each other, only attracting the best players, and always end up playing with the same bunch of people. They do end up creating a good relationship amongst themselves but close all other opportunities of meeting other players and creating newer relationships and having a unique experience with others. The repetitiveness will sooner or later create boredom anyways.

Jasej

Good point in active, but let's assume it is in, would you not like to be able to play in the same part of the world as some of your friends?
Maybe I'm speaking like this because I'm inexperienced and haven't tried the game on a huge scale yet, but I would personally love to play near some of my real life friends, it also gives you something to talk about.

On the subject of premade tribes, though, I'm still quite neutral, as I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be allowed if they really really want to and because of your (and openeye's?) argument about not meeting new players. On the other hand, if you're contend with the players you know, why meet new ones? Again, that must be a matter of opinion, whether you're very conservative or not.

DeletedUser14038

Good point in active, but let's assume it is in, would you not like to be able to play in the same part of the world as some of your friends?
Maybe I'm speaking like this because I'm inexperienced and haven't tried the game on a huge scale yet, but I would personally love to play near some of my real life friends, it also gives you something to talk about.

On the subject of premade tribes, though, I'm still quite neutral, as I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be allowed if they really really want to and because of your (and openeye's?) argument about not meeting new players. On the other hand, if you're contend with the players you know, why meet new ones? Again, that must be a matter of opinion, whether you're very conservative or not.

It also gives a chance to "new" players, playing and working together with friends may also help them with their game play. This is a game and games are about enjoyment, having the chance to play with real life/tw friends gives you a chance to enjoy the game more and also having 3 worlds already unchoice draw this more to the opinion of having this world so you can choose where to go.

DeletedUser

I vote to only choose where to start after being nobled. The element of suprise is fun. :icon_wink: