RAGE Disband Discussion.

DeletedUser

Correction. They did not disband, there was a mass exodus.

Well that happened.

Have they had enough of blowing nukes on S3XY walls? Or has this been in the making for some time?
I suspect the latter based on what my friends tell me.

It's been brittle in there for some time.

I took this from the Rebel profile page. Interesting.

15c6f791112a45c181179688946fb5e8.jpeg

According to friends in places high and low, they have been at civil war for some time. Practically at war with themselves.
And there I was wondering why multiple different groups have approached S3XY independently asking to merge in over the past few weeks. I'm getting Deja Vu from what is happening with ABC..

I wouldnt surprise me if Mutiny and STD have been given similar offers too...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dreaded's closing words as seen on the RAGE profile.

To Clear Things Up

I initially started this world on a whim. I didn't plan to play seriously, my previous co Gun Fairy and I were planning to just mess around and see what happened.

Being me, I got us into LICK. I quickly got bored of average play and decided to step up to leadership. At this point, my co quit as she doesn't like leadership as she correctly believes that players are not as skilled as they used to be.

I did what I could to make the best out of a consistently not so impressive situation. While I have met some exceptional players, I have on average met players who are not capable of learning discipline or tight coordination. While it has been a pleasure to lead some of you in the fights we have had, as time went on, my experience told me we would not sustain a fight with a solid tribe past a certain point in game.

I tried to instill discipline, to set times and coordination and guidelines. Set examples by taking sits and writing guides, but the results refused to return positive in majority. While it is common in tribal wars to lead strictly to enforce the highest level of skill, RAGE, because of my actions giving us more growth than we deserved, many members thought they had to do nothing more to be in a top tribe other than simply be in it.

Whether it is my fault for thinking I could push generally average players to operate at a high level, or for simply not being able to push them correctly, I don't know. This has been a new leading experience for me. The game has changed.

Some people will criticize my harsh standards. I simply do not accept that. Any top tribe requires high standards. Anyone who disagrees simply does not play the game at a high level. I don't see room for debate there, and I have never won a world or seen a world won with standards less than the ones I set.

All that being said. It's been a pleasure, my apologies to the good players, I have put my word for you to other top tribes I know are capable. You know who you are.

To the players who didn't do what was required, who complain about rules and don't understand why I am strict, you will shortly learn the reasons for which I enforce those standards.

I have been on a road trip now for the last 2 weeks. I won't be back for another week. I will not bother to defend attacks on me as I would rather enjoy my vacation.

To the players who took my comment in a different world pre made chat out of context, let me explain.

We will be declared on by the top tribes. If we had followed the rigid guidelines I set, we would be able to handle. However, without discipline, we will not and I knew we would not. I am bored and tired of trying to teach people to do basic things that they refuse to do.

Shame on the council members who could not manage simple tasks for the small amount of time I've been gone, and decided to leave and make their own tribe. If you couldn't manage minor tasks, I don't expect you leading a tribe to go better. Go ahead and take my villages while I'm away. Perhaps I will return on a friends account, or I will quit. We will see.

Thank you to the council who did try their best, you know who you are. I wish you the best of luck.

On a finishing note. It's been a pleasure to meet some of you and lead you. I enjoyed meeting many of the members of RAGE and teaching them, the ones who were capable of improvement. Thank you to those who were fiercely loyal and thoughtful.

To the other tribes, it was an enjoyable fight PTG. I enjoyed defending what I could on Art of Defense.

STD, it's been a pleasure talking to many of your members. Nemesis, I respect your vision and wish you the best of luck. I hope someone can deliver the challenge you want, I did my best but the tribe has reached its potential and will not go up from here.

Mutiny, I will look forward to seeing people release the sleeping giant. I know you guys have immense power.

S3xy, fun spars. Kick Xentrias, he doesn't dodge.

Ghio, you are a miserable idiot. I like calin and Noel, but Steve you are pathetic. You won't win this world no matter what happens. If there is one thing I did right on this world it was internal you.

-Boris

DeletedUser

I'm sure there's discussion to be had.
Although the forums here are mostly dead thanks to all the big mouths being taken out of the game.

Mr. Cringer Pants

I just don't see what there is to discuss. This was pretty standard. Mass recruit tribe mass recruits/merges. Duke makes a bunch of comments that irritates everyone in the world. Tribe falls apart internally. Pretty much everyone saw this coming.

Thanks for showing the images.

DeletedUser88502

Not much to discuss Granny, if anything can be said its the following.

"The Difference between a boss and a leader, a boss says go a leaders says lets go!"
- E.M Kelly

kekua

Not much to discuss Granny, if anything can be said its the following.

"The Difference between a boss and a leader, a boss says go a leaders says lets go!"
- E.M Kelly

Facts:
RAGE disbanded (at least all players where dismissed);
Dreaded. didn't see his team as one that could end up on top;
RAGE had control over 5k's, with less then 2 full tribes;
RAGE was exhausted, few of players where boxed in and had no enemy in sight.

Out of all this we have to clarify that RAGE was never a mass recruiting tribe, for it to be one, we would have to take in everyone with several tribes (as much as it take), but instead of that RAGE went for control recruiting, best and most promising in there K.

Why Dreaded. didn't see his team as one that could end up on top, well that is because a lot of players where just not active enough, big ones did there part, but small ones just didn't participate, it actually made tension inside of tribe too.

Maybe RAGE could have been saved, maybe not, it is not for me to say, but we have to give credit where credit is duo, Dreaded. was grate leader, and with right team he could have done a world run, sad to see all this go down like this, but at least world is interesting again, and maybe externals will blow up too.

Lets not make this in trash topic, there is no conflict left, tribe is there no more.
I can clarify a lot of things now, at least the ones I know, so if anyone has questions ask and I will see what I can do to clear things out.

DeletedUser119533

Facts:
RAGE disbanded (at least all players where dismissed);
Dreaded. didn't see his team as one that could end up on top;
RAGE had control over 5k's, with less then 2 full tribes;
RAGE was exhausted, few of players where boxed in and had no enemy in sight.

Out of all this we have to clarify that RAGE was never a mass recruiting tribe, for it to be one, we would have to take in everyone with several tribes (as much as it take), but instead of that RAGE went for control recruiting, best and most promising in there K.

To be honest i do not really think rage were boxed in as the South had pr mop up and ptg while the north had s3xy. That is a lot of enemies and a lot of space to grow into, while also having some smaller tribes around in other areas. The recruitment was also nothing to do with talent, it was all about size or reputation. Players were invited who did not support, did not attack and did not in any way help the tribe or fight the enemy. Examples of players recruited from shield, a tribe led by rage.

Shadow Ninja - No support available to send to the fronts due to being too far away he said. I was similar distance and got troops to fronts with 12 hours to spare.

wenhanz - Sone94 said no support incoming from him, he was well in range, invited to rage

mLkaskaba - Talked big in the forum about helping the tribe, but again no support available for the front, but could snipe and could recap the villages when taken. Was rimmed by s3xy once they got through the front which he would not support and expanded on by nobling the villages low on troops.

sone94 was also in shield and never got the invite, he had survived a coordinated op on all villages with little support. Sone lost 0 villages and gained 1, the attacks ceased and rage still did not recruit. s3xy tried again a week later and eventually broke sone94.

These players quit or were rimmed during the s3xy war, coincidence? i think not.

The fact was dreaded was right, a number of rage players were not helping in ops and hoping players failed so they can mop up the easy remains, or refusing support to the fronts.

Rage had alot of talented players, but they also had a lot of players out for themselves growing off other peoples work and screwing over tribe members for easy caps.

DeletedUser116463

Rage exhausted of what? Internalling? :D
Rage imo didnt leave a good and memorable impression. Their war with S3XY is unsuccessful as well.

DeletedUser

"Friend or foe" from your post I can clearly see you have no idea what you are talking about.

DeletedUser119533

"Friend or foe" from your post I can clearly see you have no idea what you are talking about.

Well to me, it looks like bad recruitment, you might think something different, however from my position, an outsider who was in the tribe rage recruited from, this is what it looked like.

kekua

Rage exhausted of what? Internalling? :D
Rage imo didnt leave a good and memorable impression. Their war with S3XY is unsuccessful as well.

That too, do you think it is fun to play when all players around are inactive or want to quit, it is not, it sucks more then having enemies all around.

For someone on outside, yes RAGE didn't leave any real good memories, but for players with in, even more from council, RAGE did give a lot, we struggled for some time, yes, we had to think of ideas how to boost morale, deal with sh*t we see, but that being told, I can say I didn't regret playing in there, with active and good players we had. :)

DeletedUser88502

Again all it sounds like is problems and no solutions, I am not trying to make a trash topic.

When you mass recruit and yes RAGE mass recruited regardless of how you say it, you have to expect that you will get players coming into the tribe/family that will be out for themselves.

Dreaded choose the diplomatic path to achieving the ranking that RAGE had, its boring and is done far to often these days and it is why players loose interest.

As for the morale issues make things more exciting instead of making NAPs and Alliances left right and centre, if a player joins your tribe and they are not contributing to the tribe dismiss them don't beat around the bush and wait for the perfect excuse to internal them or what ever prompted leadership to internal accounts such as ghio etc.

Hopefully you learn from this experience kekua and improve upon your own game skills when it comes to leadership in future worlds, that's really all you could want at the end of the day is to grow as a player and better yourself.

kekua

Yes, for tribe all this is more or less correct, and critic is on point, but I do want to point out that I was not a leader, just a council member that put out his opinion about things and strategies I had opinion. It would be out of my control to mess with diplomacy or recruitment politics, when I didn't even have forum moderator prives.

That being said, I was in council and these are things that need to be addressed.

Well I do hope to learn and grow as player and maybe leader, we all have room to grow and that is not a bad thing.

DeletedUser

So the way I see it, I don't think its the player that are at fault. I think its primarily the Leadership. Players need to be able to trust the Leader blindly to make decisions for the entire tribe. If the Leader doesn't know how to lead a tribe, it will simply fail. Dreaded went on talking about a "premade" to have good skill level. Lets compare that to the STD "premade". The players currently in STD were not all part of the original premade. Many have quit. But still STD carries on doing well. Player skill is a basic requirement which can be built upon. However, the leader has to be able to show true leadership to be able to lead them through anything. From what I see, Dreaded just gave up. He doesn't have the capability to take any tribe and make the best from it. He wants things easy which is why he thinks a "premade" will help him. Not gonna happen. It will fail. Why? He likes to give up with Excuse 1, Excuse 2 and Excuse 3.

Well, good luck to you.

DeletedUser94087

Well, while I didn't always agree with everything that Dreaded and Rage did in this world, you can't deny that they have helped shape the world to the way it is today. It's a shame we (PTG) didn't get to have an epic war against RAGE, the world will continue regardless.

Anyone who thinks leading a tribe or any other group whether in game or out is easy clearly hasn't done so. I'm sure Dreaded did his best but sometimes things just don't work as well as anyone would like.

Best of luck to everyone both in this world and any future worlds..

kekua

So the way I see it, I don't think its the player that are at fault. I think its primarily the Leadership. Players need to be able to trust the Leader blindly to make decisions for the entire tribe. If the Leader doesn't know how to lead a tribe, it will simply fail. Dreaded went on talking about a "premade" to have good skill level. Lets compare that to the STD "premade". The players currently in STD were not all part of the original premade. Many have quit. But still STD carries on doing well. Player skill is a basic requirement which can be built upon. However, the leader has to be able to show true leadership to be able to lead them through anything. From what I see, Dreaded just gave up. He doesn't have the capability to take any tribe and make the best from it. He wants things easy which is why he thinks a "premade" will help him. Not gonna happen. It will fail. Why? He likes to give up with Excuse 1, Excuse 2 and Excuse 3.

Well, good luck to you.

I would say it worked in chain, at first leadership was grate, for my liking, then players started to slack on things, leadership got exhousted with slacking, so started to show singns of exhostion in talks and actions, that lead to players getting exhousted too, and at the end all just kind of blow up.

After end of RAGE, our skype chats blow up, everyone was talking having jokes, insults, and just goofing - that shows that at some level there was inner depression and tribe was pushing on players - we can look for guilt in all of this, or admit that maybe we where trying too much or too little for things to play out good. But this is just how I feel now...