Rally_point

DeletedUser

Can players give me their opinion on pro an cons of attacking the rally point and eny fav tactics they use in achieving this,+the reasons why?

DeletedUser

So you don't get back timed is the main reason. It just screws up the players tactics with dodging and timing =P

DeletedUser

Hey Jubei... Sorry I went inactive over there... computer crashed and I finally get to get back on... even though I had to restart in each of my worlds.

DeletedUser

Can players give me their opinion on pro an cons of attacking the rally point and eny fav tactics they use in achieving this,+the reasons why?

Backtimed is a decent reason but not the only one.

Consider this, you have a lvl 27 farm, lv 22 rax and lvl 17 stable in queue and say you have a lvl 23 HQ. Then someone attacks you, you dodge and they take out your rally point. You've been farming like crazy so your warehouse is near full and now you have to cancel those builds in order to construct your rally point. Bound to lose some resources unless they cleared you. And to top it off your farm is 8 hrs into the build, so you can either not farm for 6 hours or stop the farm and then have to restart it. then if they attack again...well you'll have to stop the farm build then in order to construct the rally point or you won't be able to dodge again.

Good tactic to slow down a player, force them to stop a build or stop farming. Very effective on players that are mostly offense since they will dodge.

DeletedUser

Hey Jubei... Sorry I went inactive over there... computer crashed and I finally get to get back on... even though I had to restart in each of my worlds.

Oh yea, you were one of a few Darks in Empire. Which one was you again? lol

DeletedUser

Backtimed is a decent reason but not the only one.

Consider this, you have a lvl 27 farm, lv 22 rax and lvl 17 stable in queue and say you have a lvl 23 HQ. Then someone attacks you, you dodge and they take out your rally point. You've been farming like crazy so your warehouse is near full and now you have to cancel those builds in order to construct your rally point. Bound to lose some resources unless they cleared you. And to top it off your farm is 8 hrs into the build, so you can either not farm for 6 hours or stop the farm and then have to restart it. then if they attack again...well you'll have to stop the farm build then in order to construct the rally point or you won't be able to dodge again.

Good tactic to slow down a player, force them to stop a build or stop farming. Very effective on players that are mostly offense since they will dodge.

Thank you very much. I'd never considered that aspect of it before. :)

DeletedUser

So you don't get back timed is the main reason. It just screws up the players tactics with dodging and timing =P

I've never been backtimed by the same troop speed. If I attack with ram, they backtime with axe. 99% of the time, hitting the rally doesn't effect any sort of timing.

Free-eek has a great explanation though, however if you have an academy, it's not so much an issue. Since academies are becoming more popular now, I personally think hitting the rally point is a waste. Knocking a level 30 farm down is far from costly.

DeletedUser

Targeting the rally point is a good strategy early in the game - however, later on really it becomes quite useless.

I usually target the farm, it will certainly slow down their growth for a bit - especially if they dodge and lose troops somewhere else.

DeletedUser

iv used it 2 times now it works great farm is my other target thanks for the info