rams and cats with the tech system

DeletedUser

this is my first time playing on a world with a 15 tech system.

does a upgrade in tech increase a ram or cats function - other than the increase in attack and defense. i mean like its ability to knock down a wall or destroy a building

i searched and could not find much info, i found the info for the scouts and how they work with the tech system in the help section

thanks for the answers, in advance of course

DeletedUser

If it only affected the regular attack power no one would upgrade them. Play with the simulator and you can see how effective (or ineffective) the ram/cat upgrades are

DeletedUser

The respective upgrades give both a slight increase in offensive/defensive strength vs other units and significant power increases against walls and buildings.

It dont show much on the stats page of the unit, but upgrading them especially your rams, will have some effect on how much damage they do with each nuke you have.

Thats what im lead to believe anyway, lol.

DeletedUser

The best way to get a real feel for this, is to take your standard nuke and hit a D village with a 20k/20k spear/sword Defense w/ a lv20 wall in the simulator.

See what that looks like in terms of wall loss and also in terms of troop loss between ram lv1 and lv3. Play with it a bit and modify the ram #s, while keeping the pop for your troop count the same. ie keep it at say a 21000 troop population.

Play with the defense a bit also increase it if u want and you will definitely start seeing the advantages once you start hitting higher stacked villages with more troops in them.

Keep in mind you will be sending other nukes in behind and the more the wall gets dropped at the start the less troops you may have to lose on the following hits. When people have the defenses to stack vills understanding this is going to help you.

A complete guide to rams amongst other things. just scroll down a bit and read I think its like the 8th spoiler down in the list.
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=199781

I'll copy paste cheesasaurus little post on techs for people.

Researching a level 1 unit allows you to train it. So, if you want to make light cavalry, then you would have to research level 1 light cavalry in the smithy before you can start actually training them in the stables. That's one reason to research something.

Some worlds have multiple tech levels. Researching higher levels will make your units stronger. Later down the road, this makes a very big difference. That's why it costs so much to research higher levels.

For 3-tech worlds:
level 2 units are 25% stronger than level 1 units.
level 3 units are 12% stronger than level 2 units.

400 level 2 axes are just as strong as 500 level 1 axes, and only take 4/5 as much time to train.

The costs of the research quadruples every time you raise a level, but the cost to train the unit remains the same.

Knowing this, you can figure out when you want to upgrade your units.
For example, it's cheaper to make 236 level 2 axemen than 295 level 1 axemen, and they have about the same fighting abilities.

For 10-tech worlds:
Every upgrade makes your units 4.608% stronger.

The costs of each research is 60% higher than the previous level's research cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since offense vills in 3-tech worlds are the most hard pressed for tech levels, you'll want to keep all your rams at level 1 for now.

Using 213 level 1 rams will allow your other troops to fight at maximum strength against a level 20 wall, regardless of how much defense you are hitting. You CAN reduce the number of rams required to hit a lvl 20 wall at max strength by increasing the tech level, but you'll be sacrificing defensive strength by doing so, and you'll only gain a small amount of free farm space. Not worth it imo.

You should be keeping something between 220 and 240 rams in your villages early-game, keeping the extras for fakes, and always using 213 in your nukes. If you are forgetting to plug in 213, and keep clicking the maximum number, then you may like to try a script like this:

javascript:function j(){var d=(window.frames.length>0)?window.main.document:document;function a(b,c){var g,e;var h=d.units;if(h==null)return 0;e=h.nextSibling;do{e=e.nextSibling;}while(e.nodeType!=1);g=parseInt(e.firstChild.nodeValue.match(/(\d+)/)[1],10);f=(c<0)?c*-1:g-c;if(f>g)f=g;h.value=f;return f;}a('axe',0);a('spy',-1);a('light',0);a('marcher',0);a('ram',-213);}j();

That will input maximum axes, lc, ma, and as many rams as are available up to 213, and no more. You do not need to remove the MA line in this world, as the script will simply ignore the MA input field if there is none. (I like to leave it in, as when I do play archer worlds I can just copy and paste the script)

Mid-game and certainly Late-game things will be a different story, and you'll start needing some wall bashing potential. In that case, it is likely still best to keep lvl 1 rams, but raise the numbers you send per nuke to roughly 250.

Then when you need 'em, build your bunker buster nukes and raise only those villages' ram research levels to 3.