Rasher's World, A Review of Sorts

rasher3

Reaction score
A little bit by bit review of W112, with real world issues to give a review from my eyes, Messenger conversations, TWStats, some kept mails and reports and of course memories are being used for this

I joined this world on 10th January 2020, I did what a lot of people (I assume) do, look though the players to see old tribemates say hi & good luck etc., actually Dawso found me and made contact about a week or so in and I decided to relocate and join Evil (or whatever they were called at the time 24th January) ) and almost straight away my personal life went bad, in late January I lost my Aunt Breda, in early February my Uncle Danny died and then my mother was hospitalised on 9th February.

We were located in K55 and we were doing ok, but, not great and then we came across a problem, Cicada, I won't call it a war, we (as a tribe) weren't good enough to call it a war, anyway at some stage at the beginning of that skirmish, a player on the OLG account made contact, talking about recruiting me, we took it to discord and one of the first things I said was, we were outmatched and that they didn't need to play these games, if they were serious I would listen, if they weren't just drop it and attack, they kept the talks going 3 or 4 days, stalling saying leadership wasn't online to talk to me at the time etc., eventually they attacked to clear me for condensed. I don't remember which co it was, it might have been a sitter who played the games, but, it was a dirty trick that wasn't needed.

Anyway I restarted with some of my former tribes in K46 and joined a tribe that became Krunch, actually joining on 10th February, my mothers Birthday as chance would have it, I was the 8th Member, only Dawso and Ram of the players left on this world got in before me (unless there are hidden co's).

Things started going well for a little while, took a few villages, the tribe started to grow, then disaster, I was called into the hospital for a meeting on 28th February, to be told my mother was terminal, perhaps up to 11 - 12 weeks, I woke up on 21 March to the news that I had capped another village and was playing away, I remember I was actually chatting to Ram in game about something when I got the phone call that my mother had passed (she went into Hospital on the day before her birthday and died the day before mothers day), she always had to be different.

In fairness to Ram he took the sit straight away (thanks) and I disappeared for a week or so, late on the 27th, (10.30PM) our PM came on the tv and said he was ordering a lockdown to start at midnight, it was panic stations, we had to get home as my partners job is in the food chain (you were allowed to be 5KM from home), we packed, drove to my job, took whatever work I could throw into whatever bags, briefcases and laptop bags I had there and hauled ass to get home, just before midnight on the Friday, to a house with an empty fridge and presses, so the Saturday was spent queueing to get into a Supermarket and buying any food left of the shelves, even now only a year on it seems surreal to me, I'm sure to a lot of you too!

Sometime during the mourning period, Dawso had taken my sit for the whole shift (thanks), he must have liked what he saw, as he proposed merging (we did it on 59 & 69 before, after being tribemates for the win on 16) and I was very happy to agreed, simple things like farming doubled. It took until Mid April for the merge to be completed, which was around the start of the pain war, which was a good bedding in period, we had a decent run in the pain war 22-4 ended up around top 5/6 in the tribe depending on how you view results and actually went 5-0 against BGR in that war (what reading stats brings to the forefront, turns out it was the second war a tribe I was in, beat a tribe he was in).

After that, we had a small skirmish against Premium Warriors, my account did nothing special there, then we fought Jheez (do we call it a fight), I went 85-0, 5th in tribe war ODA & ODD (the beginnings of being a nuke magnet). According to our tribe war history there was another Jheez war (Academy tribe??) when I went 26-0 and at 2.2M war ODD was higher than 2,3,4 and 5th in the tribe combined (by 15K ish), I guess i just have one of those faces that people like to attack.

Another small war followed against
Details
Ally CRUNCH
Bugs For The Win
Enemy Spanish Exit
Perpetual Motion Squad Light (disbanded)
Spexit
Were Back 2 (disbanded)
Title Its that time of the month
Start on 08.08. at 18:31:08
End on 06.09. at 23:57:46

I didn't cap anything, general because we were so far from the action, but surprisingly this account got more ODA in that war than 4 accounts in the final 20 that were a lot closer to the action.

The account was building nicely, I picked up a few things from Dawso that either he knew or that he picked up from some of the other accounts he was co-playing on other worlds, one of the benefits of co-playing is that you can pick up things that your co players do, I'd been playing solo since the early to mid days of W74, so I might have been a bit too consistent in things, so a second viewpoint was nice.

That brings us to the end of the beginning, or, the beginning of the end!

TBC

IncomingRamFake69

Reaction score
It has been a pleasure playing with you my man. Very sorry things have been tough IRL but I hope the game served as a good distraction during tough times :)

I remember the first time when we lost to cicada I was basically asking you how to play lmao always appreciated the tips!

rasher3

Reaction score
It has been a pleasure playing with you my man. Very sorry things have been tough IRL but I hope the game served as a good distraction during tough times :)

I remember the first time when we lost to cicada I was basically asking you how to play lmao always appreciated the tips!

Chapter 4 (or possibly 5) will show how tough it really was irl

rasher3

Reaction score
Chapter 2,

I'm not sure what happened that Cicada declared on us, I'm not really interested in finding out, its in the past at this stage, my memory (and cluster set up), leads me to think we were going to have a NAP with Cicada and hit Spexit (or whatever their name was at that stage).

Something changed and a declaration was made against us on 6th September.

The first op landed on us on 12th and I had 10 losses and managed to recap 7 of them, They timed that op well, Dawso was away on a hiking trip from the 10th to 14th or 15th! another village was lost overnight but that was a recap by Ram, we won our first defender of the day on that op.

That Op was also the start of what left like two years of getting fanged (2 - 3 months, more realistically), from my messenger to Dawso about that op, when he was sitting in an outback pub (his words), a lot of our farms were catted to 1, Dawso commented that we lost 400K points and only 3 villages, I replied to him that "Niisse and Ram were the only ones to help"

A quote from a messenger with Dawso on 16th September

"Losing 20k points a day from fangs lol",

that really hurt us as we weren't able to rebuild troops to defend the next op against us which was 20th September.

A messenger comment I made on 18th September

"We are down 200K on this time last week and have 5 or 6 more villages"

Those fangs really really hurt this account so well played there Cicada, we were at something like 2.3K incoming at that stage

Dawso's instructions to me on shift change on 20th September

"All you got to do is time def in front of renaming nobles, dodge the 220 nukes, reinforce stacks with left over def and recap if needed"

he always made it seem so easy!!!!!!

It was a bad def op for us, with having been catted badly for the week previously we were low on both off for recaps and def for snipes and we were being hit so hard that at some times I was getting ready to snipe and the village would be hit and no more sniping troops available. I remember only being second in Defender that day, lost close IIRC, we won our second defender in the follow up op on 21st, by 5K ODD, it must have been tribal support that helped us, because from my notes we had so many villages with both Lvl 1 farms and HQ.

Nothing much happened except fangs for the rest of the month and taking a couple of sits for internals Thorf and another account I don't remember, then we had another op to defend a net loss of 13 villages and our 3rd Defender of the Day with 2.2M (in a day, I'd had that in a war earlier in this world).

For the rest of October and start of November was quiet, we managed to get Defenders 4 and 5 on 31 October and 2 November, with no losses, as always we managed the first and sometimes second wave of attacks before running out of troops and support.

November turned into a blur, for me, work wise, I get a good percentage of my annual income this time of year, all I can remember is that is when the account got the final daily award, it was the first time on TW that I had gotten all 6 on the same world.

Usual story, Cicada had a few ops and had some success, then in November Dawso told me that he was tired from the defending and was thinking of moving to the Surv account, but, nothing happened until December when he told me that he was moving to OPM (In hindsight I should have seen that, as we spent a week or so, telling each other we had that sit on changeovers).

In late November we also had the bad news that the father in law wouldn't be returning home (his lungs were too bad to be living alone), he had been in hospital for a year at this stage, we actually got a late night emergency call to haul ass into the hospital one Sunday night and when we got in, the nurses were really apologetic, they said they have never seen a recovery like that, in the space of about 45 minutes he went from deaths door to up and chatty.

Reading back through my messenger with Dawso for this time, brought back a memory, that may be related to this comment, which annoyed the F**k out of me at the time, because if I was available I was in game and I didn't know where Surv got off implying otherwise.

Survivants Apr 20, 21:37
as long as you are going to be proper active, i dont want you to bugger off lol

rasher3 Apr 20, 21:41
I'm in work, where I've been the only one in for 14 months, I may have to take calls or meetings or more importantly chase money

08.30 to 19.00 I'll be at a laptop and can be logged in, can I say I will be 100% focused no, I can do my best, but, thats it

There was one def op that I wasn't going to be around for, I was going to be offline for most of it and Dawso asked a coplayer from another account (Trex) he played on another world to come in and defend this op and to (create an account to) make contact with me on 115 when he was leaving, so that I could come in to finish the op once I was home. He never mailed me, being in a later time zone than me I just thought he was one of these guys that loves defending, so I didn't log in, because, I was never contacted as agreed and didn't want to risk kicking a player off mid snipe

When I logged on the next day and saw his mail thread with Surv, I shortened the conversation in messenger to this for Dawso

"he dropped the sit on surv 13 minutes before the op, he never mailed me"

So if I haven't already, apologies for not thanking you Surv for that sit and thanks for that sit, reading back and finding/remembering this now explains the tone of some of the mails from Surv after that, if you thought that was me dumping it on you, but, it wasn't, you know it wasn't Dawso and you prop weren't aware that he got an outsider in to cover, so you assumed that it was me.

The last post of this chapter was the fact that I woke up on New Years Eve to a message from Dawso that Disuniter had joined Cicada.

Chapter 3 to follow, (I may slow this down now as the world has been extended)

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There was one def op that I wasn't going to be around for, I was going to be offline for most of it and Dawso asked a coplayer from another account (Trex) he played on another world to come in and defend this op and to (create an account to) make contact with me on 115 when he was leaving, so that I could come in to finish the op once I was home. He never mailed me, being in a later time zone than me I just thought he was one of these guys that loves defending, so I didn't log in, because, I was never contacted as agreed and didn't want to risk kicking a player off mid snipe

When I logged on the next day and saw his mail thread with Surv, I shortened the conversation in messenger to this for Dawso

"he dropped the sit on surv 13 minutes before the op, he never mailed me"

Gotta say, seeing someone actually still would trust TreX with login information is shocking. You got incredibly lucky that he only dumped the sit based on what I've seen on past worlds.

Really enjoying the read, it's great to see non-leadership perspectives on the way the world has gone :)

dawso24

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for the post rasher, was nice running into an old tribe mate after so long.

Gotta say, seeing someone actually still would trust TreX with login information is shocking. You got incredibly lucky that he only dumped the sit based on what I've seen on past worlds.

Really enjoying the read, it's great to see non-leadership perspectives on the way the world has gone :)

I have to say, I have been coplaying TreX for a while now and feel he is very trustworthy, as I have had no issues at all with him. Granted I have only started playing TW again from W110, so only have little knowledge of past worlds, but those past incidents don't deter me from trusting him now.

rasher3

Reaction score

I trusted my co, who trusted his co, being honest, I hadn't heard anything about him, Up to this thread I was rarely on this forum and even then only on worlds I was on, of course, the reason I was rarely on was that I was always playing host to your troops, damn they were social, always visiting!!

I never claimed to be skillful, the main tool in my arsenal is activity, which became an issue, the next couple of chapters, will be dark depending on how much I share of real world stuff, speaking of dark I got into work this morning to find out one of the owners of one of the businesses in this building, hung himself last night and was found by an 18 year old kid.

It has been a really fecked up time

rasher3

Reaction score
The next few chapters are kinda dark with real world stuff, so I wanted to be happier before posting, I was going to do that yesterday, until I saw that Sean Lock died from cancer yesterday at 58.

I saw this in the discord today and wanted to address it

da boss/AscacosYesterday at 21:47
why didn´t he left the sit to someone lol....like u are on the frontline now...not backline like u were the whole world hahahaha

medeltidenYesterday at 21:48
Rasher sat him

[21:48]
:smile:

da boss/AscacosYesterday at 21:48
o yea...he did a prety good job defending....i never saw any buffs or flags on

He posted on a friday about wanting a sitter because of vacine (or Covid) and mentioned his parents, I offered to do a shift on the Saturday and on the Sunday, 5 minutes later, I had the sit, with a ton of incoming (all untagged), the account was set so that the sitter didn't have mail, forum posting, sending troops or using pp or inventory, I sent mails from my own account and posted in the forums for snipes, stacks and recaps and got Nada, in one of the mail threads, Ching advised me to drop the sit (my second interaction with him on this world)

rasher3

Reaction score
Chapter 3,

A small recap (and some things not said in previous chapters), reading back through my messengers with Dawso, it seems we had the OPM sit (I think he had to vanish for a while because of a pet emergency) a lot in December and the Bloodhound sit for a while.

Dawso had mentioned that he was tired of the defending and was going to go to Surv (later changed to OPM). So its safe to say that the Cicada strategy of hitting this account worked somewhat, however, for work reasons, with Covid extensions on the deadlines, I was prob just logging in to tag and follow simple instructions (I got just under half of last years turnover between late October to Mid December), but I was back just as Dawso mentioned moving over, there was an op just before the first attack break, where I think, it was the only time this account wasn't the hardest hit, the tribe went 7-132 and this account lost 0, I was back and going to be active, basically I've always felt (both as an employer and especially as a co player) if someone wants out, you let them go, so while I wanted Dawso to stay on the account, I didn't try to convince him, perhaps that was a mistake.

Dawso jumped over to OPM on 5th (signed off mine on 4th).

Dawso's time on the account

Side 1:
Players: rasher3
Side 2:
Tribes: Cicada

Timeframe: 06/09/2020 00:00:00 to 04/01/2021 00:00:00

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1:
Side 2: 117
Difference: 68

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1:
Side 2: 958,804
Difference: 563,903

chart

So with a co player this account lost on average 17 villages a month during the war.

We were still sitting on OPM right up to the time that he moved, but, I think OPM was back and it was just night sitting (new "normal" for Dawso) more than actual sitting. Dawso agreed to night sit for me as and when needed, mainly when ops were incoming, but there would always be the few occasions when I would have to spend a morning on a clients premises rather than at my desk, because of an incident when we were sitting OPM and I sit blocked attacks on disuniter from the OPM account, it was agreed that when I had the sit out to Dawso, OPM, that I wouldn't send attacks, so that I wouldn't block the bigger threat.

So, I had some stacks in, work had eased off, so I could be properly active again, I was looking forward to the fight, don't get me wrong Cicada players were good (sadly) and very active, but I felt with me being active, with these world settings, that we could frustrate them into making mistakes, the size difference was a big handicap, but it could be overcome.

Back to the game

I finally got some decent support in, (Blood (which I was specifically told was temp as he was going to be internaled) which meant that I could defend better, I lost 5 (7-12) villages in January, 2 of them on 19th January, so you could say, I was able to defend when I actually had stacks and then just had to move troops around to top up rather than to actually wall. I was coming off of being catted daily since the start of the war, so I had many, many (perhaps even close to half of my total) villages with Lvl 1 farms, due to the relentless pressure that I was under, there are no two ways about it I was a target because I wasn't getting troops in, but because I was being sat from time to time (due to playing solo on the front), with a lot of inactivity in the tribe, it made it hard to get support, most of the time!!,

Real Life fun

A little background on my health, including Aunts, Uncles and grandparents, I've 10+ blood relatives who have had cancer, I had my first biospy, when I was 26. At the end of January my Aunt Anne went into a Hospice with Cancer, my Aunt Kathleen followed a couple of weeks later (also with cancer).

I woke up on the 18th with a brand new lump, so straight to the hospital for me, so with the two Aunts above having terminal cancer and the Aunt and Uncle that died in 2020, also going from Cancer, my headspace wasn't great, which is the reason I think I lost the two villages on the 19th, I did mail Dawso on messenger asking him to take the sit, but, it was unread until at least the next day (perhaps longer), in fairness I only said I was gone into Accident and Emergency, waiting to be triaged, as it was so close to him leaving telling the whole story, could have been viewed as trying to blackmail him back on to the account, I was eventually prodded and poked and given a February appointment, which during a pandemic (especially with our health service) was worryingly prompt!

Was my account being treated as a meatshield (will be a few more of these footnotes)

Looking back at TW stats, I can see that Ram transfered into Spexit 6 times during the war to get support, avivm38 & lloyd5. 4 times, Nisseeeeeeeee. & ThaiT 3 times, BlackGrimReaper Twice, and some others got into spexit to get support, like, -dark asses- & AllyArsenal, also I think some Spexit players joined us to send support.

I am curious as to why in all that time, the Rasher account never got any Spexit support, seriously not so much as a single Spexit spear came to me as support, it was under constant attack and always looking for help!!

Lord Ward (I don't know what account he had apart from the fact it was in Cicada) posted this in the discord at the end of January

"Most support received from big brother in the west. Most villages lost to Cicada (by active player) Edit: I was wrong Nissseeee lost 178, rasher lost 126 incRF lost 122 so you're not 1st in this category... lol(edited)"

So it was clearly known I was an account gettng hit, but when external support was available, it never came my way, I had an in game discussion with OPM recently who told me that my account wasn't being used as a meat shield, this and some other things to be posted later, make me doubt that, but, maybe I am just paranoid, especially when one of the reasons I was told, I didn't get in (the final 20) was bad defending!

Last edited:

rasher3

Reaction score
Chapter 4,

Something I forgot to mention yesterday, in January, OPM (could have been one of the other leaders), mailed me and said that I had 11 isolated villages that he wanted me to pass to tribemates, there was a listing and the assignee, it was a circular, Ticko & BGR took 2 as assigned, the climb took 1 (as assigned - I think), this was around 4th Janaury, Yoghurt & Avivm38 were assgned 2 each from memory and I can't remember who else, but no one else would take them, Youhurt & Avivm38 finally took some villages (on 3rd and 11th February) after a load of mails, I was given exta Bloodhound villages for this, direct swaps, but I could live with that as it eased the pressure on me and moved ownership of frontline villages into a local cluster, a win win.

I was also mailed at some stage in Jan or Feb and told not to use the forum for stacking, but to mail BGR as he would then do it. (We had a stacking forum, with a main support thread were council would post requests from the stack request queue thread where we could list our villages), I'm not explaining it well, but I hope people can understand what I'm saying. I'll explain why I'm bringing this up over the next couple of chapters.

Real world, the only things that happened was my mothers first birthday after she died (terrible english, but you understand what I mean) and my biospy appointment got pushed back to March, because of Covid, that was really starting to wear on me at that stage!!

Cicada did an op at the start of Feb, I lost 9 villages on 1st Feb and 6 on 2nd Feb, I recapped 5, I was confused as to how I lost them, as I recall checking and seeing stacks and no pull reports, I thought that I was going crazy but reading the meatshield section will explain that.

There was not a lot else to report for my account during that period, it seemed the only mails I was getting consisted of nuke and noble count queries and getting op details where I had to hit 40 villages with my 20 nukes (was a common theme), remember, my account was generally around 280-300 villages for the war and I wasn't getting a lot of external support, so I had to turn more and more villages def to stop the bleeding. Thats a slight overstatement, I would also get mails from local players asking to snipe or wall a nuke/train, to be fair I sent a good few of those too.

Back to the Meatshield assumption

I'll admit I wasn't overly active November and the start of December, but, I had let my Co. know in advance and I was back and active from when I said I would be (plus I was logging in when I was busy with the work deadlines that tied me up) and the account was active so I have no idea why I was ignored, from the time Dawso signed off.

To restate when spexit support was available and then over January and February over 1,000 Crunch/Krunch Villages were internalled, it really feels like the well was poisioned against me and I have no idea why, I'm happy to talk with any of the council (or anyone that has information) about that timeframe via pm if you want, we can even make it off the record if you want, I really am curious as to what happened

So to recap, after Dawso left the account on 4th January, a tonne of Spexit support came in to the tribe, I got none, there were over 1K internalled villages (in Jan & Feb) I got 10 and prob lost 50 DV's worth of frontline stacks, while a different (but allied) tribe got 57 villages, When I got support in late December, I was told the support from the Bloohound villages was termpory, that (s)he was being internaled, I wasn't told that about Vestre or Ally.

chupa.chups 16 to 30 January 192 Villages Rasher3 0 Villages Spexit tribes 57 Villages
AllyArsenal 15 January to 7 February 618 Villages 10 Villages (first one on 25th January, I guess they were starting to run out of nobles)
Vestreboss 9 to 21 February 267 Villages Rasher3 0 Villages

Now I'm a bit annoyed about that, but what is worse, is that even if they didn't want me to get villages, why not mail me and ask me to swap some of my front lines that I was struggling to defend, for some of these back lines, at least in a couple of weeks I would have been better able to defend a smaller number of villages, it was like they wanted me to be under pressure so I would lose villages and tribemates would get recaps for nice warstats. Every single time I was asked to swap frontlines for backlines I did, I even asked people if they wanted more, no one ever did.

Likewise, I could have sat any of the accounts to allow an orderly changeover of the villages, I did it for Bloodhound in December, but, Dawso was on the account, I wasn't even asked in January for these accounts (or the others in March, where I didn't get villages or swaps either).

So basicially, I was getting no real support/stacks, when real volumes were available, no freebies, or even swaps to relieve pressure and no communications unless someone wanted a troop count or short term support, it was a fun time.

rasher3

Reaction score
Chapter 5,

This is a tough chapter to write, things started going wrong in the real world, my clutch was starting to go, my car was old (even when I first bought it) and there was always something small going, lights, fuses,etc., just enough to know it was time to replace it, so I went shopping on 6th March and got myself a nice 4 year old vehicle and went into work, as I usually do on Saturdays to catch up on firm Admin. I was in work maybe 20 minutes when I got a call from the hospital, I was to haul ass and get my partner in to say goodbye to her dad, I don't know if anyone has ever driven a car with a dieing clutch, its not fun if you are in a hurry, I got home (25 miles up a mountain), got the Mrs. and got back into the hospital (20 miles downhill) in under 45 mins (2.4L engine), but it wasn't fast enough, we spent a good few hours waiting at the hospital for her sisters to turn up, there was the usual phone calls etc., so I don't think I logged on that day at all.

The next day, I logged on and asked OPM to sit for a few days so we could get the funeral out of the way, the response really hurt me at the time

(this is a slight paraphrase)

"I'm busy, set me and if I see you losing villages I'll hop on.

Looking back, I could have caught him at a bad time and he might have replied without filtering (we've all done it) and in fairness he has taken the sit a lot before and after, but in light of a few other things that were happening at the time, it was a real stinger, especially since I had sat him (for days) in December when he took time off for a (really) sick cat, don't get me wrong, Dawso was still around, but he was also having a social life, (which at his age he should be).

Funerals are a big social thing over here, normally you get hundreds of people at the funeral home and in the church, but, Covid restrictions were still in place, we were allowed 10 people in the church (we cheated and got in twelve - the priest positioned himself when he was counting to miss two behind pillars), but, the morning of the funeral we were called into my partners job for tests, as, her factory had an outbreak, they were bring in partners too, it was the quick test, but to be honest, I've had a camera go up my nose and all the way down to the top of my throat that hurt less than that extra long Q-tip, we got the all clear so were able to go to the funeral.

As an aside, I had to postpone collecting my new (to me) car, due to the father in law passing, as a result the clutch actually went the day before the new collection date, this resulted in a slight price change on the day.

Other things that happened in March was Mothers Day (the first one after my mother died, well second, but the 2020 one was the day after so it didn't register with me at the time) and the first anniversary of her death, the week after, then my biospy got postponed again, with the family health issues (mentioned before), this was really hanging over me at this stage.

I can't comment too much about the game, as, I didn't lose any villages, at all that month, the only villages I took were an unclaimed cluster on an internal I saw that I wasn't told about (surprise surprise), in total 447 villages were internaled in March, again I was not assigned any. So roughly 1,500 internals in Q1 2021, I got 17 ( 10 assigned and 7 unclaimed that I spotted) Spexit family got 57, as I said in the last post " it really feels like the well was poisioned against me and I have no idea why, I'm happy to talk with any of the council (or anyone that has information) about that timeframe via pm if you want, we can even make it off the record if you want, I really am curious as to what happened"

Other game memories

A couple of things I remember noticing, could have been February (or even earlier) when I first saw it. As I said in the last post, I was told to send my stack re -ups to BGR after every op, I was always getting hit, even if I wasn't an offical target (per the spy) TSE would still send 40 - 50 nukes and a number of trains, just to keep me on my toes, or because he could, or for whatever other reason (if you count tse attacking me as an interaction, I had more interactions with that account throughout the game than I did with the whole crunch/krunch tribe combined).

Anyway, generally within a decent timeframe I would have my stack re-up list sent to BGR by mail and I would wait for it to be put on the forum, what would happen is it might get on straight away (in which case a player with forum priv's) would put their list of villages up as a new thread in the support forum, tag it important so it would be first post in the support forum, generally that would happen 2 to 3 times each time, when those villages were stacked, then the general support thread would be updated with villages (mainly mine) after 4 or 5 days then someone would generally come on and say something like "comes on guys its taking forever to fill this" and there would be a half hearted flurry.

Also some time in Feb/March, OPM mailed me, told me that he was aware I didn't have too many nukes (I was getting so little help I was actually using off to snipe a lot of the time), so he was going to do an op where people would nuke for me and I would just send trains, could I get 30+ trains ready in a week (or so). damn near killed myself (poor phrase - see later) getting 40 trains, using up most of my inventory to get the coins.

The op mail came with the list of targets, there was text about nuking your targets (it was the same text that came in earlier mails so I assumed that he had just cut and pasted it for everyone's op mail and just changed the targets in the individual mails), because, at my size why would I be expected to nuke and noble 30 (ish) villages, I sent the trains as agreed in the previous mail, TSE must have creased himself laughing to get some fakes and all those trains with no pre nukes.

I wasn't overly active attacking, but, that had been agreed with the OPM account when Dawso jumped over to it, because he was coming back to sit me for tagging on a lot of nights, so it was agreed, that when that happened/was likely to happen, I would stop attacking to prevent sit blocks.

The only other thing to note was (and I can't remember exactly when) I was starting to get overwhelmed (real world mostly) and asked the only other solo player I knew about, if (s)he was interested in a merge, Thait replied that (s)he was happy to stay as they are at the moment

rasher3

Reaction score
Chapter 6,

This is an even tougher chapter to write, real world stuff first, 6th April I got my first vaccine (a month earlier than my dad who is in his 70's just to give an idea of my health status), I had been told that I would feel fluey for that day and be grand the next (by a guy I know who was working in a hospital - they all got them earlier), not me, I was told to be at the centre between 8 and 10, I arrived at 7.30 and queued to queue (Health Services version of the Army's "hurry up and wait" mode), I got in done, microchipped and home by 08.25 (I had brought 4 or 5hours of normal work home - I felt that if I was feeling unwell I could stretch that out for the day), I was fine until around 22.00 when my arm started hurting and I started getting fluey that was it for me for a couple of days, if the side effects are a lot less than getting covid, then Covid would have killed me!

We have a thing here called a NCT, where they check the road wordiness of cars, it has to be done every 2 years until your car is 10 years old, then its annually, I had to do it with the car I just bought on 10th April, one of the agreements as it was a recent purchase, was that they would refund the cost of the test (its only €55) after it passed, it passed of course, but, going back to the dealership to get the €55, I got a puncture that cost me €120, thats kinda how April was for me.

So I was getting ready to return to work on Monday 12th, until I got the call that my Friend Colm had died, when I was setting up my business he put a lot of decent paying work my way, when he didn't have to, he was one of the few people who really helped when in the real world, it hit me hard, I was having my biopsy (finally this week took), so when some in game mails (see below) were arriving (I should have reported a couple of them), I just stopped opening them, I just couldn't read them anymore.

I don't know about anybody else, but I count maybe 4 people who would turn up if I sent a text saying I need help meet me here, Colm was 1, Peader was another, take a guess who died on 15th April, one of my aunts (Anne) who had cancer died on 29th April, I also found out that my first girlfriend died back in 2020, around my Birthday, I hadn't thought of her in 25+ years perhaps longer, but, that added to everything else, I ended up within minutes of stopping my pain, forever!!

My experience of depression, its like a single stone can't hurt you, but if you are lieing down and a board is place over you and single stones keep being placed on that board and more keep getting added, eventually you get crushed, there was no one individual thing that lead me to that path, it was just the overall feeling of being crushed, just some of it was the isolation I was feeling in game, I had virtually no non circ mails since Dawso left the account, I had spent the whole world uninvited to the tribal discord (I'm still not in it by the way).

In Game, The IChing mess happened on 8th April, per my messenger with Dawso (when I asked what happened) TSE was sniffing around for 35 minutes at least
https://gyazo.com/8bf5127465f5489386debf82b04cccfd.

I'm still not sure how the account was recovered, per the rules the registered email owns the account, I was told it was the original owner came back and changed the password, I could be missing something there and its not really important at this stage but still.

Anyway, I took an IChing Village on 9th and defended it a few times, when Ching got the account back, I got an email requesting the village back to his account, bear in mind this was the first contact on this world with that account, which had also never once sent me support (I fought against that account on 107, which is why I remembered that fact). Fun fact, I only found out after the war was over that this account was on the council, just an example of how isolated I was left by the council.

https://gyazo.com/3742a6cfc39494bd88b0b4c81a3af956 When I said no, honestly, from the tone of that mail, saying anything other than no, was impossible, I had 3 other accounts mailing me to give up the village, so no non-circ mails all 2021, and I'm getting mails about this. I remember later talking to the Ram account mentioning that I had spent 2K pp defending this village from TSE, he actually apologised for the mails he sent.

removed as incorrect

It must have had reduced loyalty or perhaps TSE in the fighting was hit with bad luck and my recaps got in, but, I capped it from myself twice
https://gyazo.com/65aa2e97ab8cc723712c28afdf8cd5ab

Anyway, come 20th April, I left work early, I was done (the deaths above, the simple s**t of a flat taking the pleasure of a newish car, the mail crap storm about that IChing village, the cancer threat over my head, the second miscarriage in 6 months, I was sitting at home (actually logged into tw) with my heart tablets in my left hand a bottle of Jack in the right and read this mail

Reds are my edit to conversation

Survivants Apr 20, 16:35
These are south k46 villages which will potentially get 10+ nukes.

1) We will try to snipe once Rasher posts nobles but most probably they will send from DS so it will be difficult. Hence we need to help rasher out

2) I want every account which is nearby to make recap nobles there

3) If you have to reduce some noble launches for the OP, thats fine. But ideally just 1 click mint.

4) Please claim the villages ( this is just for indication so that rasher can coordinate with you)

put them on your map

List of Opped Villages

rasher3 Apr 20, 17:41
Should I just quit my account and get a sitter so you can pass my villages around, you could call back the support sent to the other ones then

Survivants Apr 20, 17:50
They are going to send nobles from close range and you will need help. I dont want a repeat of last year when no one was helping you
Bold was my edit

So despite OPM denying that I was ever a meat shield, the whole operation defense plan was to recap my villages, plus Surv, makes it clear that he was aware that I'd been getting no help.

Me offering to give my sit was important, the last time I gave my sit leaving a world was W18, they did something to get me a ban

https://gyazo.com/1fb079d514631052207e0c37770bb459

within minutes of me offering to quit, I got a mail from Ram that started with this

IncomingRamFake69 Apr 20, 17:58
Hey everything okay? I thought we were pals bro :( we’ve played together since day 1 this world! Just want to help

The fool I was to believe it

Eventually it was decided that Meh of Spexit would defend my account as he had the time, funny that, a pattern of using someone and then dumping them when they were no longer needed

rasher3 Apr 20, 18:01

Op Defense details

By the way, ignore last year, this is in the last 6 weeks

when my father in law died last month I asked someone to sit and why, I was told, they would check twstats every so often and jump on when I started losing villages, that stung so bad that when I lost 2 close friends I didn't bother asking for sitters

I took 1 Iching village that was on the front line that no one wanted when it was disputed and being fought over, now its safe I had 3 accounts on to me to give it back, I agreed suddenly there is a deff op on and no interest in it again.

There is this recap list, which like last year, no one has the troops to support me, but when they recap my losses, they will have the troops to stack them, funny that

so 8:30 to 19 ST you will be able to actively snipe/recap?

we will get you some internals and stuff so please dont be shy in asking for help for recaps from others. The villages should stay in CRUNCH and not CICADA

as long as you are going to be proper active, i dont want you to bugger off lol

rasher3 Apr 20, 21:41
I'm in work, where I've been the only one in for 14 months, I may have to take calls or meetings or more importantly chase money

08.30 to 19.00 I'll be at a laptop and can be logged in, can I say I will be 100% focused no, I can do my best, but, thats it

Survivants Apr 21, 09:47
hows it looking?

rasher3 Apr 21, 09:48
Well I logged on to a lagging machine, feckin updates I had to reboot to install

so far I've messed up 6 snipes, but, apart from that

Survivants Apr 21, 19:29
also lets mail meh quickly so that they jump in and are able to look at the account a bit before NOBLES come lol

rasher3 Apr 21, 19:30
Their coming like a german porn star

Survivants Apr 21, 19:32
lol

BTW, remember this part

we will get you some internals and stuff
Well that didn't happen, jumping ahead slightly, when the war was over and we had all the cicada villages to gift and some internals (I'm sure, but can't remember and am too tired to check it out), guess who was assigned, something between Zip, Zero and Ziltch out of thousands!!!

Last edited:

babymilo80

Reaction score
I'll be happy to answer the Ching village situation - when we got the account back I messaged you asking if we could take back ONE village in k46 (very nicely???). You had nobled it off us and we needed it back because it was a level 20 watchtower in a critical spot for us, I literally explained this to you 3 times in mail but your only response was why you have to give a village back when no one else does.

We didn't ask anyone else for the villages they nobled off us, bar this one watchtower village which for some reason you didn't want to return? After that yes, I did get angry which is why we stopped replying to you and I asked council to deal with it - keep in mind you never actually returned it and we didn't pursue it.

Please feel free to tell me how these messages weren't in a "manner showing basic human respect"

Last edited:

rasher3

Reaction score
I'll be happy to answer the Ching village situation - when we got the account back I messaged you asking if we could take back ONE village in k46 (very nicely???). You had nobled it off us and we needed it back because it was a level 20 watchtower in a critical spot for us, I literally explained this to you 3 times in mail but your only response was why you have to give a village back when no one else does.

We didn't ask anyone else for the villages they nobled off us, bar this one watchtower village which you for some reason didn't want to return? After that yes, I did get angry which is why we stopped replying to you and I asked council to deal with it - keep in mind you never actually returned it and we didn't pursue it to not make an issue out of it.

there wasn't a watchtower when I got it, I explained that to you many times too, I also said to the OPM account that you could have it back and nothing ever happened

check the point drop

Edit

ok, maybe my memory was a little bit defective and I'm happy to correct the record, I apologise for the poor recall

Last edited:

babymilo80

Reaction score
there wasn't a watchtower when I got it, I explained that to you many times too, I also said to the OPM account that you could have it back and nothing ever happened

check the point drop

Lets just say we have a different idea of nice and the word ask, from a vague memory, "you need to" isn't asking, its a statement, not a question.

But at least thank you for the answer

I'm confused do you not see it dropping over 2k points?

At best you're being wilfully ignorant

I'll put this here again since it seems you can't read - tell me where I said "you need to"

https://gyazo.com/32c9ba64d2c3a12632ba8e3f2641bfd2

BlackGrimReaper

Tribe Mate of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Interesting Read. but seriously for the sake of it. I calculated the total points of WT. It's a shocking 1342 points

-1082 -260 = - 1342

What a coincidence!

But seriously, who spends 2k pp to defend a village :| I could have bought a lot of food with that already