Rate the avatar and signature above you!

DeletedUser

Edition 3​

[SPOIL]
International0513.jpg

3rd Edition. Issue date: Week beginning 10/05/2010

Hello there, welcome again to the International.

Come with us, once again as we take a journey around the world, dodging axes and cavalry, hugs and merges, alliances and broken treaties, from all the tribes and players of World 43, to bring you the information from the front lines.

We will be bringing all the latest news and current affairs from around the world, interviews, all the latest ennoblements, and all the political and diplomatic drama, in a format that is easy to understand, and we will keep you on top of the latest going-ons of World 43.

If you are not from World 43, but are an observer, we will keep you up to date. If you are a W43ian, we will give you a few different perspectives, and news as we receive it.

This week's edition:

This week we will be commenting on the rapid resolution of the 'big war', providing interviews, reflecting again on this week in other times and seeing how the smexy guy and girl competition is progressing.

----------------------------------------------
Was that it?

In what seems like a disappointingly brief period of time, one side of the 'big' war has prematurely capitulated, leaving the other side feeling somehow cheated of a fulfilling encounter.

On 14 April, FRST declared on Bored! and on or about 4 May, Bored! disbanded, with SnOwP following suit on about 6 May.

Respect the Fallen

Departure notices have been posted, some magnanimous acceptances and some petulant debating of whether the departure notice was "good" enough. It's all so much "Monday morning quarterback" material. If you led a tribe that obtained Rank 1-3 at any stage on W43, then your opinion about departure notices *might* count. If not, mark the passing of a tribe or a leader as politely as you can and move on.

If ever you find yourself privileged enough to lead one of the top 3 tribes on any world, you will know of the effort involved and, unless you wish to have other members of the world spit on your memory when you or your tribe depart, consider for a moment that you should only do unto others what you expect them to do unto you.

Most players will never lead a top 3 tribe on any world and they should be doubly cautious about harsh posting in farewell threads. Take care not to speak about things of which you have no real knowledge. Others will claim "I led top 3 uber-tribe X on World Y". These players should know better than to post harshly. A good leader, and I mean "good" in the full import of that word, should know when tact is required. To show you lack such higher skills gives ammunition for others to attribute your past leadership success to luck.

The new force?

While two tribes have fallen, NUTS has re-emerged with remnant players. They are ranked 3rd at time of writing behind FRST and WMD. Presumably LigHT. and FRST will pursue the ex-Bored! and ex-SnOwP wherever they run. The WMD family too, which declared on Bored! will presumably seek to hunt down those they regard as refugees. It is less clear what MOAR will do. Bored railed on them for months and they may just breathe a sight of relief, start sending sword nukes at smaller tribes to kill troops and start converting some of their defense villages into offense ones.

There is already much speculation about whether NUTS will sue for peace in at least some of the conflicts which brought about the downfall of Bored, fighting wars on three sides. They are still relatively compact, with only 29 members and they might be going for the LighT model of having a tight-knit group of active, capable and dedicated players to enable them to punch well above their weight.

At time of writing, TW Stats is down, and it may be too early to check if FRST, LighT or WMD are targeting NUTS or vice versa, but I imagine there will be such attacks unless NUTS can sue for peace. Given that NUTS may carry the baggage of Bored! being seen by some to have hugged its way to the top, any attempts by NUTS to have diplomacy with other top tribes may be rebuffed. It leaves open the tantalizing possibility of NUTS striking bargains with other tribes, like AAA to perhaps engage in simultaneous attacks on FRST, LighT or WMD. Alternatively, they might just secure a NAP and enter into a gold-rush race to noble out the inactive or rejected former members of Bored and SnOwP.

As it was

Time lapse mapping of the major tribes, thanks to maps by Technology.

21 March
[SPOIL]
World21March.png
[/SPOIL]

21 April
[SPOIL]
World21April.png
[/SPOIL]

As it is

(on 7 May)

1 FRST 48.125.225
2 WMD 27.608.587
3 Nuts! 25.420.939
4 LighT. 15.500.395
5 AAA 12.642.385
6 WMD2 8.355.821
7 MOAR ! 7.834.931
8 WMD3 6.178.432
9 GYPSY 5.498.593
10 Motion 5.351.981

Interviews

While the 'big' war was going on, there were other conflicts as well and here are some interviews to shed some light on one, and what smaller tribes thought of the 'big' war. These interviews were conducted before Bored disbanded.

Capacitor
Interviewee

Interview with Kameboy (~A*F~)
[SPOIL]1. Thanks for agreeing to an interview. Your tribe seems to be at war with TNG. How is it going?

As of know my tribe is just about getting start we will be taking them out soon. Since we are most very experienced enough to tackle these foes.

2. Have you had much previous experience of TW? What was it?

Yes i do have experience a year ago before i quit. I had played on a few worlds like world 15, 21, 25 those are a few. I have reach around 100k before. But then i quit some worlds due to life problems. But know i am back i am in a successful tribes that work well together when the communicate with each other.

3. You post at least one of you alliances on your tribal profile. Was there any reason for that? I know there are two main schools of thought and I would be interested n your views.

Well when you can trust a tribe that been with you from the start then you can be sure that they will become a great tribe. When you have an alliance that not strong why post it. For example TNG where our allies before they turned on use. We post or allies one by one when they become helpful and we get to know each other better.

4. What are your aspirations for the tribe?

The tribe aspiration i think would be to get stronger and become a great tribal wars family. Where everyone would like to join.

5. What are the characteristics you find desirable in a good tribe member?

That the communicate, want to learn more on how to play the game.

6.Do you have any predictions for the 'big' war going on around FRST and Bored!, but involving all the Top 11 tribes? How it might end and how long?

At the moment i could not tell anything about the war against FRST or Bored![/SPOIL]

Interview with BEason94 (TNG)
[SPOIL]1. Thanks for agreeing to an interview. Your tribe has a really interesting profile that is quite open about the wars you are in and what you expect of members. How is your war with ~A*F~ going?

The war is going well thank you, many of their members are coming to our side, and others have been nobled or farmed. Unfortunately, very few of them are fighting back, but there has been no call for peace yet so they are still enemies.

2. How long has your war been going?

Our 'war' started about two weeks ago. The reason it started was because they were originally our allies, but never supported us or themselves. They are a pointless tribe that need taking care of.

3. Have you had much previous experience of TW? What was it?

I used to play way back in world 3, i had a lot of villages, but due to RL i took a years break. I restart and am currently growing.

4. I see that the founder of the tribe left, but is still playing. Is the tribe still on good terms with the former founder?

We don't really speak much unfortunately, but i think he has a soft spot for us, and leaves us alone. He said he got invited to a stronger tribe, and he went there for a while but left.

5. What are your aspirations for the tribe?

I just want our tribe to do well. It has been hard to grow due to being surrounded by GYPSY but i have pa's in there such as bob tucker and he has helped me greatly in my growth.

6. What are the characteristics you find desirable in a good tribe member?

I want the people in my tribe to grow efficiently and stay active. They need to participate in the war, which some of my men have lost their vills doing. I am very proud of my current members.

7. Do you have any predictions for the 'big' war going on around FRST and Bored!, but involving all the Top 11 tribes? How it might end and how long?

I was around when NUTS were top, but many merged into FRST, i think that is what happened? I think the war between the top two will drag out until one is completely wiped out or a truce is called.

Postscript (as opposed to an illegal greasemonkey script): According to TNG, the TNG v ~A*F~ war is over, with the top few members of ~A*F~ joining TNG.[/SPOIL]

Interview with echosnightmare (Gypsy)
[SPOIL]1. Thanks for agreeing to an interview. Your tribe is ranked 12th at the moment and controls a nice slice of the SW rim. What's your TW experience?

As for my experience I've played in world 16 and 38. Both worlds I've had to leave due to being sent somewhere else for because of work and rather very busy and hectic schedule. Ended up leaving all my villages to my mates in both worlds. In world 16 I was part of council/leadership in some form. In world 38 rather enjoyed the stress-free existence of being just a tribal member. And, of course, world 43. This has been a very interesting world. In all these worlds I've been free to pursue my personal interests along with my tribes interest(s).

2. The Top 11 tribes are all involved in war at the moment, mostly against either Bored! or FRST. To my knowledge you are not involved in those 'big' conflicts. Has your tribe had any wars that you want to talk about?

I'm sorry to say that I cannot openly discuss any wars that we have had.

3. Are you at war with any tribe now? Or having a skirmish? I ask because I notice that your tribe has taken a few Tangra villages recently.

Well... as far as I'm aware we've faced our fair share of skirmishes/battles on and around the rim. The skirmishes we've been dealt with are more of on the personal level. But other than that there isn't much of a war going on on the rim. I guess the only war I can speak of is our li'l tiff with Motion. Which we have been fortunate enough to be winning. They have had to recruit more people with more villages to help take us on.

4. How would you describe your members? Late starting experienced players? First worlders willing to learn? Late starters will to learn? Or something else?

I am proud to be a member of this tribe and of its members. At the very least my guys are experienced enough to keep up with the current events of this world. Experience and trust are perhaps the most valuable thing you can have for any tribe. And there are always new things to learn and to experiment with. I've always thought that the moment you stopped learning is the very moment you've given up and you should just quit!

5. What are your aspirations for the tribe?

I think my tribe fine the way we are. We can only keep getting better and better. As we always strive to be better.

6. What are the characteristics you ind desirable in a good tribe member?

Desirable characteristic... hmmm... I'd say an independent yet dependable person. He/she may go off on his/her own adventure and yet be able to be called upon when in need. Someone who is willing to help out as much as he/she possibly can. Someone who won't reject a plea for help. And if cannot be of assistance right away find a way to help out in other ways.

7. Do you have any predictions for the 'big' war? How it might end and how long?

I think right now FRST have a better leadership/council than BORED! and SnOwP. No offense of course. Hehehehe... If things keep going the way they are I think BORED! will end up like ICARUS, if not worse. SnOwP might be doomed for another reforming. WMD sure have had quite a fast rise in the ranks along with the rest of its family. Though it is good, it would be something to watch out for. Too fast of a rise might equal to an even quicker downfall. But I think this war will drag on for quite a bit. Specially with the other tribes involved dying to pick apart any one target that has already been weakened. Whether they are involved formally or rather "coincidentally" those other tribes might play a bigger role in the long run. edict that FRST will come out on top, simply because they have more members.[/SPOIL]

Interview with Terminus Eldorado (MOAR !)
[SPOIL]1. Thanks for agreeing to an interview. Your tribe is ranked 7th at the moment and you have been at war with Bored! for almost 3 months. You must have some insights into Bored! as a 'war' tribe. Would you like to share some?

I was in an interesting spot in W43. Starting in and sharing a home K(46) with Bored from the very first day of the world. Early on, MOAR ! was allied with BORED!, but as alot of International readers know, dealing with their old leader Mario was a toxic experience. I told him that his attitude would eventually turn the world against him. I told my tribe as much. In the end, I was correct. People dont take time out of the day to come play a game and get yelled at and told they are dumb, noobs, etc etc. So when he "surprise" attacked us, it was no surprise and my little band of noobs did a good job of staying alive while still growing. In this case not losing = win.

2. OK. Enough about Bored! You have led a tribe under attack for a while and stayed Top 10, probably against expectations. Whats your previous TW experience?

Previously, I was Duke of GUNs, the #3 tribe on W16. After that I was in and on the council of the #1 tribe. I learned then to never, ever merge my tribe into another, I would rather go down on my own terms than have to deal with the egos and attitudes alot of others Duke-types seem to have, in that world anyway. Random fact about that account : I had 1,000,000 heavy cavalry and all of my villages, about 500, in the same K. I was absolute ruler of that little part of the world :D

3. Do you bring any other experience to your TW life?

I'm old as dirt for TW, being in my 30s and old enough to be the father of alot of players, but that wisdom helps. Its not just the X's and O's of battle, its helping those that need help and teaching those that wish to learn. If you are loyal to players, they will return the favor. That is why PnP, lies and BS does not break up a tribe I run from the inside...and believe me it was tried for a long time by you know who.

4. From my observations there have been some pretty despicable players, like icenceto, who joined MOAR ! when he knew you were at war and then left to join Bored!. I personally hope the TW gods reserve a special rule for such players that means nobody supports them, including their own tribe, and that the rest of the world gangs them...err, but I digress. Have there been any players that have disappointed you?

Agreed. He abandoned his tribe in the face of a powerful enemy. I loathe that sort of attitude. This is a war game. Fight! Some players think that lying to someones face is a legitimate tactic. Usually these are younger players that think they are being clever. It always blows up in their face. Always. I'm disappointed in any player that spends time in my tribe then leaves. They never improve their position, a larger tribe does not always mean "better".

5. Presumably there have been some players that are worth praise. Here is your chance to mention them...

In my tribe, there are several. They know who they are and I don't want to mention a couple, then have anyone feel excluded. As far as enemy players, I like Darkshadow/Vodkaiser, hes can be an enemy, and be civil and have fun with it. Be Mice Elf Again has done a good job of sniffing out weak players and punishing them...so has Eviction... I respect them as opponents and hopefully with Nuts! new leadership, we can improve our diplomatic relationship.

6. What are your aspirations for the tribe?

I have always entered a world with the assumption that I will not vie for the top spot, but if it happens, great. Something I like to tell my members is that I want to be the toughest tribe, pound for pound. Balanced. Loyal. Supportive. We may not be the offensive juggernaut of some of the other hyper aggressive tribes, but what we sacrifice in that area, we make up for in being a tribe that is very difficult to attack. I think our existence to this point under the circumstances we had to deal with proves that. If I am having fun, then TW is doing its job...amusing me as I goof off at work :D

7. What are the characteristics you find desirable in a good tribe member?

A good tribe member need not talk all the time or be chatty...Ive had some of my best players be lurkers. Didn't talk, but supported and attacked like crazy. I like to keep it fun and goof around. I think our CoA and tribal profile says about all that needs to be said about my fondness for random goofiness. :D

8. Do you have any predictions for the 'big' war? How it might end and how long?

The big war? Hmm, well considering we are right in the middle of everything, well be in the mix I'm sure. I wont predict that MOAR ! will win any war, as that would be foolish, but any tribe that chooses to attack MOAR !, even if successful in the short run, will be so weakened that they will NOT win in the long run. FRST is huge now, so they are the new W43 "overlords". Hi FRST! Be nice to us please! lol[/SPOIL]

Interview with eLeMeNOhPi (w43 Mod)
[SPOIL]1. Thanks for agreeing to an interview. How long have you been a TW moderator?

My pleasure...
I think I started moderating in November of 2009 :)

2. Had you had much playing experience on in TW before becoming a Mod? More importantly had you been an active forum poster as a player?

yeah I started playing since W6 and I've been in W1, W2, W6, W8, W10, W12, W16, W21, W26, W33, W35, W37, W40, W41, W43, W45, W47. :p + UK2 :)
I became mod of W43 when I left that world...

Yeah I had about 400 posts before becoming a mod... much of them were spam though :p

3. I know that some people found the arrival of the OcD crowd very disruptive to the forums. Did you feel confident in selecting your own approach to manage them, or did you confer with other Mods for ideas?

My own approach :p
First I tried to stop them with loads of warnings and some infractions + edit/deleting their spams... (I don't give much infractions tbh) but it wasn't much effective...
So I tried to talk with them about complaints of other members... so they accepted to do most of their spams in General Discussion section :)

4. I see that you recently posted that you might be interested in playing w50. Was this as part of a pre-made from w43 players. (I think I can earn a spotters commission here....)

I will play W50... maybe serious and for top 10... but unfortunately I won't be joining W43 players premade cause I were invited by James (click here now) to join his premade... and I accepted :)

5. Without breaching any secret moderator business, you seem to have an approach which is to offer cautionary advice and to undertake remedial editing of posts, rather than seemingly jumping for the infraction ticket book. I think it is appreciated. Do Mods do a sort of comparative assessment of different worlds, to see what techniques work and try to adopt uniform best practices? Or are you just left to your own devices?

TribalWars have a set of clear rules which gives some options to moderators for confronting the ones who break the rules... For example a rule says some words are warn/infractable, now it depends on the moderator to choose whether he/she wants to warn or infract... I'm the type who rathers to use other approaches than infractions as much as possible... :)

Newly elected mods often do compare their worlds to previous ones for learning new methods of moderating but after a while they will have their own way of moderation... I guess now I can claim that I have my own way :p

6. I see that you also have great wisdom in not letting Harbinger, Parge or I loose with blog staff privs as was discussed in the International thread. Where do you get such wisdom?

lol... It's a hard question and I don't have any answer for it... It's just the way I am :)

Interviewer's Notes:

For those of you that don't know, eLeMeNOhPi = LMNOP. I also found Ele's moderator introduction post which is here
[/SPOIL]

Harbinger's Food for Thought:
"Mull this!"
[SPOIL]
article1.png

article2.png
[/SPOIL]

Cartoon and Competition

Cartoon Corner

FRSTvBoredCartoon.png

Smexy Guy and Girl of w43

GUYS

26602_113502451993831_100000022311266_271376_269610_n.jpg

IGN: IzualPrime
Tribe: AAA3
TW Experience: This is my first world 43
Predictions for the top tribe at the end of W43: IDK... But i hope AAA Family wins!^.^
Vox Pop Quote: Stupid sheep...

GURLZ

sss-1.jpg

IGN Terminus Eldorado (well, sort of)
Tribe: MOAR SAMMICH !
TW Experience: Played since W16 where I was Duke of #3 GUNs then council of #1 PLIGHT. Had a million HC. Then was banned for adult jokes.
Predictions for the top tribe at the end of W43: Ill proboly be fighting them, I like being a rebel heretic.
Vox Pop Quote: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything than can be counted, counts."

This week in time

1291 – Scottish nobles recognize the authority of Edward I of England. (That is, they hit a village stacked with 3D and only had 100 rams in their spear nuke)

1610 – Henry IV of France is assassinated bringing Louis XIII to the throne. 33 years later, his son, Louis XIV becomes king of France as a 4 year old.

1655 – England, with troops under the command of Admiral William Penn and General Robert Venables, annexes Jamaica from Spain.

1718 – James Puckle, a London lawyer, patents the world's first machine gun.

1756 – The Seven Years' War begins when Great Britain declares war on France.

1801 – First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States of America.

1809 – Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.

1822 – Greek War of Independence: The Turks capture the Greek town of Souli.

1846 – Mexican-American War: The United States declares war on Mexico.

1857 – Indian Mutiny: Indian rebels seize Delhi from the British.

1881 – In North Africa, Tunisia becomes a French protectorate.

1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

1955 – Cold War: Eight communist bloc countries, including the Soviet Union, sign a mutual defense treaty called the Warsaw Pact.

2002 – F.B.I. agent Robert Hanssen is given a life sentence without the possibility of parole for selling United States secrets to Moscow for $1.4 million in cash and diamonds. (It's never fun to be caught spying)

We hope you have enjoyed this edition of The International. We value each and every one of our readers, and we are proud to be bringing you the best, and only, paper on World 43.

Many thanks to technology, Kameboy, BEason94, echosnightmare, Terminus Eldorado and eLeMeNOhPi.

Good luck out there everyone, see you next week!

The International team:
harbinger297
capacitor
parge73

note: If you wish to join The International team, please contact any team member, either through forum messaging, skype, or by posting here, thank you.

The International disccusion thread may be found here.
[/SPOIL]

Mid-week Express​
[SPOIL]
midweekexpress.png
[/SPOIL]

Edition 4:
[SPOIL]
theinternationalcover.png

pg2b.png

pg3.png

pg4.png

pg5k.png
[/SPOIL]

Article
[SPOIL]
newsnotice.png
[/SPOIL]​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

5/10 some of the details are too small for the avy to really do anything...
7/10 I don't think there is enough of a color variation to make it interesting

DeletedUser

8/10 Someone said before: "That mustache still scares me." And i agree with them. :lol:
7/10 Not too bad, a little simple. :)

New sig. :)

DeletedUser

9/10 did there used to be text on the avvy?

10/10 your sig skills are the stuff of legend

DeletedUser

9/10 did there used to be text on the avvy?

10/10 your sig skills are the stuff of legend
yes but i removed it ^^

Thanks for the word parge

9/10 - like i said before, always scare me everytime i see it
8/10 - Not bad

DeletedUser

10/10 i LOVE that avvy. :)
10/10 Awesome sig. :)

I haz new rotating sig. :)

fadarofthedarkblade

5/10 it seems interesting but without the rest it leaves something more to be desired
8/10 very comical i laughed firsttime i saw it. i like the text and all as well i only wonder why it says tribal wars

DeletedUser

8/10 - Ladies man! I'ma guess you're a guy. ( Hope I'm right! )
7/10 - The centers axe is cut off and it is a bit drab and easy to make.

DeletedUser

9.9/10 Still love the avvy, but perfection evades us all
8/10 those eyes look into my soul... crazy

DeletedUser

7/10 old school
10/10 can be confusing if you watch him for a while, or i am too tired xD

DeletedUser

9/10 your avvy makes you seem like silly, airheaded kid.... I like it :)

9/10 the siggy makes me laugh :)

DeletedUser

9/10 - That av again scare me
-10/10 - I know you will use it :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Avvy: 3/10 (I hate monkeys)
Sig: 1/10 for the fact you are in bored but 8/10 because I am supposed to be unbiased