Rate The Player Above!..

DeletedUser93513

yeah farm 29/30 is the way to go with out a doubt pre-noble. I was just commenting that you've upgraded your barracks and stables pre-HQ25+, which is not as good for troop production if you finsihed your HQ25 first, then upgraded your stables past 3 and barraks past 5, and then pushed farm, then smithy. By the time you have nobles, you'd have more troops, than if not.

If you leave upgrading rax/stables for last your troop production is slower, so it'd be harder to receive the resources for the HQ upgrades. I like to keep it balanced out, upgrade 5 HQs, 5 Rax, 5 stables, then 5 HQ again.

Karmalot

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yo bro you sure you added that up right :icon_neutral:

Woops, i copied and pasted the previous post format, forgot to add up the total, i fixed it lol.

If you leave upgrading rax/stables for last your troop production is slower, so it'd be harder to receive the resources for the HQ upgrades. I like to keep it balanced out, upgrade 5 HQs, 5 Rax, 5 stables, then 5 HQ again.

It's actually faster. If you factor in the time you'll save form upgradeing your HQ first, and then building barracks 5->20, stable 3->15, smithy 12->20, Academy, not to mention the farm 29, warehouse 24 or 25, i forget the warehouse size you'll need and i'm too lazy to look it up right now, you'll need from the amount of troops you'll be queueing while building your smithy 12->20 with your bar 23 and stable 12 producing troops 24/7, produces WAY more troops than slowly upgrading them all at once. If you are active enough and follow my build order proplery you should even be building farm 30.

Here's some math for you to sort through, I figured this stuff out years ago. Anyway this is for a x1 world, so the time you save is half, but the affect and principle is still the same, regardless what world you're playing on:

Starting at a village with:
[SPOIL]Here I say smithy 10, but if you upgrade your HQ and your HQ ONLY past 10 as high as you can before building smithy 10 to get rams, and then continue on again wtih your HQ, then it will save even more time. But, let's be conservative with this calculation[/SPOIL]
HQ10, Barracks 5, Stables 3, Smithy 10, Market 5
Upgrading your HQ first to the levels listed below, followed by Barracks 20, Stables 15, Workshop 2, Smithy 20 + Academy + Market 10 to represent a post-noble stage:
[SPOIL]
HQ20 = 325.58 Hours
HQ21 = 314.57 Hours ~ 11.01 Total Hours Saved ~ +11.01 Extra Hours Saved
HQ22 = 304.78 Hours ~ 20.80 Total Hours Saved ~ +9.79 Extra Hours Saved
HQ23 = 296.24 Hours ~ 29.34 Total Hours Saved ~ +8.54 Extra Hours Saved
HQ24 = 289.01 Hours ~ 36.57 Total Hours Saved ~ +7.23 Extra Hours Saved
HQ25 = 283.15 Hours ~ 42.43 Total Hours Saved ~ +5.86 Extra Hours Saved
HQ26 = 278.74 Hours ~ 46.84 Total Hours Saved ~ +4.41 Extra Hours Saved
HQ27 = 275.88 Hours ~ 49.70 Total Hours Saved ~ +2.86 Extra Hours Saved
HQ28 = 274.69 Hours ~ 50.89 Total Hours Saved ~ +1.19 Extra Hours Saved
HQ29 = 275.31 Hours ~ 50.27 Total Hours Saved ~ -0.62 = Wasted Time[/SPOIL]

Now, let's assume that you have a farm level 25 by the time you your HQ finished, so you will raise your farm 25-29 to be conservative. Aswell as your warehouse, let's assume 18(required for HQ25) as a starting point, and you will need to raise it to level 24 to afford a farm 29. So farm 25 -> 29 and warehouse 18 -> 24. Note, I'm ignoring other buildings because they are not required to build nobles.
[SPOIL]
HQ20 = 418.14 Hours
HQ21 = 402.73 Hours ~ 15.41 Total Hours Saved ~ +15.41 Extra Hours Saved
HQ22 = 388.74 Hours ~ 29.40 Total Hours Saved ~ +13.99 Extra Hours Saved
HQ23 = 376.20 Hours ~ 41.94 Total Hours Saved ~ +12.54 Extra Hours Saved
HQ24 = 365.16 Hours ~ 52.98 Total Hours Saved ~ +11.04 Extra Hours Saved
HQ25 = 355.67 Hours ~ 62.47 Total Hours Saved ~ +9.49 Extra Hours Saved
HQ26 = 347.81 Hours ~ 70.33 Total Hours Saved ~ +7.86 Extra Hours Saved
HQ27 = 341.66 Hours ~ 76.48 Total Hours Saved ~ +6.15 Extra Hours Saved
HQ28 = 337.34 Hours ~ 80.80 Total Hours Saved ~ +4.32 Extra Hours Saved
HQ29 = 334.98 Hours ~ 83.16 Total Hours Saved ~ +2.36 Extra Hours Saved
HQ30 = 334.73 Hours ~ 83.41 Total Hours Saved ~ +0.25 Extra Hours Saved
[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Your nobles will be avaliable faster but it will be more time consuming and demanding with your day to day farming. How high your raise your HQ during this stage is strictly dependant upon how much money you have avaliable. The bottom line is, it is faster, but it is more costly in terms of resources: but if the resources are aplenty then all that matters is that it is faster to get to nobles in terms of time. If you are unable to keep your HQ upgrades queue'd 24/7, while queuing the stables/barracks of course, then you should upgrade resources to keep the queue going. Again, upgrade your farm & warehouse only as needed during this stage. Remember it is vital not to upgrade your stables and barracks or smithy prior to your HQ at this stage.

So now that you see that your nobles will actually also be faster, I'll show you how you will have more troops too!:
First, let's ignore the farm and warehouse upgrades required to achieve nobles. Because it is clear that raising the barracks/stables prior to your HQ would increase the time to nobles simply because your troop production will be higher during your pre-HQ20+ stage which means that you will need to raise your farm and warehouses to a higher level during your pre-HQ20+ stage. This will make you save less time from upgrading your HQ because you will not take advantage of the farm/warehouse decreased buildtime because you're not upgrading your HQ, you're upgrading your stables/barracks.
[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Secondly, we can ignore the resource upgrades, wall upgrades, because they are not required to produce nobles. We'll also ignore workshop upgrading, because it is independant of nobles also. And finally, we can ignore the market and smithy upgrades because they'll be done post-barracks/stables upgrades anyway.
[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]So we will assume that the only buildtimes to be considered are the barracks, stables and HQ.
Starting with HQ10, and ending with HQ23 in a straight run:
HQ10 -> HQ23 = 31.09 Hours
Add:
Barracks 5 -> Barracks 20 @ HQ23 = +29.18 Hours
Stables 3 -> Stables 15 @ HQ23 = +37.11 Hours
-----------------------------
Totalling: 97.38 Hours

Now lets say you go stables 10, before upgrading HQ to 23.
Stables 3 -> Stables 10 @ HQ10 = 22.84 Hours
HQ10 -> HQ23 = 31.09 Hours
Barracks 5 -> Barracks 20 @ HQ23 = +29.18 Hours
Stables 10 -> Stables 15 @ HQ23 = +25.00 Hours
-----------------------------
Totalling: 108.11 Hours
That is a 10.73 hour difference.

That means that if you go HQ last or during, and only bring your stables up to 10 from 3, exlcuding the extra farm and warehouse space you'd need aswell as excluding any barracks upgrading, which would lead to more farm space required pre-HQ23, making it take a longer time. Which means, for 10.73 hours you are producing LC's at stables level 15 as opposed to stables (at most) level 10. I don't have to quote production times to show that stables 15 will produce more lc's than stables 10 for that period of time.

Again, this is only true if you can afford 24/7 production. The time you save on buildtimes of your stables or barracks independantly will yield more troops than if you were to upgrade them first. This is because you will be producing units at barracks 23 + stables 15 for about an extra 20 hours instead of 20 hours at Barracks 5, Stables 3 or any level between the two groups. Producing troops at a higher level of production for the barracks and stables simply yields more troops pre-noble in the same time period. Anyone who does not upgrade their HQ in this manner and opposes an opponent that does will lose every time.[/SPOIL]

Now if you take the time to read all of that, it doesn't take a genius to figure out.

X hours of production at stables 15 and barracks 20, produces more troops that same number of hours of a stables lower than 15 and a barracks lower than 20. Need I point out at HQ25 you'll save almost 11 hours! That's 62 hours earlier your noble train will be ready, and 11 hours long you'll have a stables 15, barracks 20 producing troops compared to a stables less than 15, and barracks less than 20.

This was take out of a guide that I've written on the PnP forums a few years ago. It can be found in the general section, under Guide Library.

Last edited:

DeletedUser94923

I think they mean it isn't possible to have a continuous building list if you upgrade your HQ first.
So while waiting you could up other buildings first to have a faster troop production.
(More troops will take care you can farm more. This means you can upgrade your HQ)

Karmalot

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
it's quite possible. I'm doing it now, and i've done it on every world i've played on.

See this nice smooth continuous expoential curve? That is a curve that is only produced from upgrading your HQ constantly.
The first bump in the curve is from building HQ1-10, then there is a slow pace, thats upgrading barracks/stables/smithy, then it slows while I produce only LC's, farms and warhouse space, then it goes back to expoential growth from building nothing but HQ.

image.php

Last edited:

DeletedUser93513

It's actually faster.

What I meant is that it's slower at first.. While you are upgrading your HQ. Less troops = less resource income obviously, so imo I think it would be way more of a challenge for resources for those expensive farm and HQ upgrades if you go all out on HQ, and leave you rax and stables at 5/3.

Idk. I don't do math. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

on topic fools:
xBloodxThiirstyx-
Position: 8/10:Looks good, not really good noble targets though
Profile: 8/10: Looks good.
ODA: 10/10: Looks perfect, not too high so probably haven't lost many troops.
Tribe: 0/10: Mate in that tribe so it's rubbish.

e.sports-united

mar1n3c0rp5

e.sports-united

Position: 6/10: Neighbors aren't growing at the same pace. Make good farms but not too good noble targets
Profile: 7/10: Simple
ODA: 10/10: High, clearing neighbors out ;)
Tribe: 8/10: Looks decent

Mar1n3c0rp5

DeletedUser69611

e.sports-united

Position: 5/10: Good position, no noble targets either. But looks like you cleared your area
Profile: 0/10: Just boring... Didn't show all your awards either.
ODA: 2/10: Not good for your points, but maybe someone cleared your area for you. Or they just sucked
Tribe: 4/10: Nice small group, kinda spread out so would be easy to get taken out.

black shroud

Karmalot

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What I meant is that it's slower at first.. While you are upgrading your HQ. Less troops = less resource income obviously, so imo I think it would be way more of a challenge for resources for those expensive farm and HQ upgrades if you go all out on HQ, and leave you rax and stables at 5/3.

you are correct here, it is slower... at first, but who cares right? You can produce 24/7 with stables 3 and rax 5 pretty easily. The whole idea of doing the HQ first, is by the time you have nobles, you will not only have nobles sooner, but also your nuke will be larger. That's why I said it is faster, and better. Who cares what your inbetween is, if your first noble target potential is way better.

DeletedUser103173

Black shroud

Tribe: 9/10
OD: 9/10

Smexual

DeletedUser103005

Smexual:

Points: 4/10 they are low but then you did start late so I guess you could get some sort of benefit of the doubt
Tribe: 5/10 I dont know much about it...but based on rankings and all not too good but could be worse
OD: 6/10 Its a good amount only i hope your not wasting troops...quite alot for that early in the game :)
Location: 7/10 not too bad...a fair few farms and then a few possible targets to clear and farm/noble :)

Death Tempest

DeletedUser

If you start upping HQ as soon as queues are constant (which you should) You won't be able to put it straight up from 10-25 (or whatever you wanted to go to). The gaps are usually filled with stables levels due to it's slow build time and low cost, allowing HQ to remain constant :p

DeletedUser102935

tbh i only wanted me to be rated. but since i have to....

Death Tempest

ODA: 7/10 clearing your area.
Location: 8/10 wow way more farms than me... so lucky... -2 for no noble targets
Tribe: N/A
Profile: 3/10 reason for it below

Going for friend award :)...I love mail aswell so mail me :p

and a little scrolling down..

Beloved Friend (Bronze - Level 2)
You have made a total of 15 friendships!

not that beloved.

e.sports-united

DeletedUser103173

Tribe: 7/10
OD: 6/10

Smexual

DeletedUser

smexual

Tribe: 2/10 too clustered, long term obviously not part of the game plan
OD: 7/10 not bad for your size, not necessarily a good thing tho so early for you
Location: 2/10 not the largest in your 15x15 and wayyyyy too many tribemates there too....
Profile: 1/10 ...

La Flama Blanca