Really ...

• Thread starter Stoned Temple Pilot
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Now I know I will be flamed the crap out of, such is life :)

Not even two months and another world comes out. I am not an old time twer, I have seen the posts where old players lament the plethora of new worlds opening to detract from just open worlds and I must say, even as a newer player, I tend to agree

It seems tw is ignoring the basics of marketing, you need to find the point between saturation and keeping things interesting, at the end of the day standard tribal wars is a long term game. Trying to make it a short term game via opening new worlds every couple of months catering to a) those players that enjoy startup then quit for the next world and b) those that have been nobled/rimmed/owned on the previous world and hope to do better on the next world, is in my humble opinion trying to cater to people who are never going to apply themselves to the concept of tw long term

Long term tw must pay the bills, I know innogames probably makes more revenue out of advertising than premium points however pp must be worth a decent whack, players over 50k non premium must be rare thing and having been in several late game tribes I know how many people find it impossible to play without it

No hauls, I think, was an excellent difference. I think w56 must of been a success in both attracting older players out of the woodwork to reignite their tw experiences (judging from the externals) giving a new experience to newer players (such as myself) and, as an added bonus, the length of time the externals stayed active and entertaining was awesome :)

But I think you may be overplaying the no hauls card, familiarity leads to contempt after all, 3 of the last 9 worlds no (or limited) hauls ... maybe a new angle needs to be implemented ?

Keep a product fresh and vibrant is often about finding the point of difference, I look forward to tw introducing the next one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I tend to agree also, this is a factor that made tw less popular now (and has been occuring for a long time now) Though now, at least they are closing worlds also. Looking at the rate worlds are closing and opening, it isnt so bad.

But a lot of these closed worlds might have last longer if tw remain as popular as before so... And guess what, some players are still playing here, even though 30+ different countries server opened, grepolis, the west and now forge of empires opened and, every single of those factors didnt helped to keep the popularity high enough to create full worlds with 100 continents filled! Thus, if the rim doesnt grow enough, well players are less tempted to restart or start late and prefer waiting for the next world.

DeletedUser

Well just look at how few players are there for late game, lets say about 150 per world. If there's about 25 worlds left that means that around 3750 players (although its less, since some people play multiple worlds). How many people play the beginning of worlds? Well there's 30,000 accounts right now, so I'd guess at least 40,000 total people joined world 64.

So at least 90% of players never make it to late game, and just do startup. The players not in startup would end up forgetting about the game if worlds came months and months apart.

DeletedUser

Troll.

<3

Heh, love you man :)

I tend to agree also, this is a factor that made tw less popular now (and has been occuring for a long time now) Though now, at least they are closing worlds also. Looking at the rate worlds are closing and opening, it isnt so bad.

But a lot of these closed worlds might have last longer if tw remain as popular as before so... And guess what, some players are still playing here, even though 30+ different countries server opened, grepolis, the west and now forge of empires opened and, every single of those factors didnt helped to keep the popularity high enough to create full worlds with 100 continents filled! Thus, if the rim doesnt grow enough, well players are less tempted to restart or start late and prefer waiting for the next world.

Total respect for you mate, having started up in 56 in your tribe :) And you, sadly, are probably right

So does this mean your playing Pirate?:lol:

Ha ha, no as you are too committed elsewhere to be my 'co' :p

Well just look at how few players are there for late game, lets say about 150 per world. If there's about 25 worlds left that means that around 3750 players (although its less, since some people play multiple worlds). How many people play the beginning of worlds? Well there's 30,000 accounts right now, so I'd guess at least 40,000 total people joined world 64.

So at least 90% of players never make it to late game, and just do startup. The players not in startup would end up forgetting about the game if worlds came months and months apart.

So the point is what can innogames do to keep those startup players in tw without opening a new world I guess, hence they need to introduce some new features and then they would get a 'w56 response' so to speak, keeping the jaded tw players in a world beyond startup .... yes ?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Now I know I will be flamed the crap out of, such is life :)

Not even two months and another world comes out. I am not an old time twer, I have seen the posts where old players lament the plethora of new worlds opening to detract from just open worlds and I must say, even as a newer player, I tend to agree

Those people have memory problems.

Severe memory problems.

We're talking the memory of a goldfish.

Not just any goldfish either, a goldfish cracker.

Seriously, worlds open much less frequently than they used to. People blaming the frequency of worlds opening clearly don't remember how quickly worlds used to open.

Example from when I first started playing TW:

W18: April 7th, 2008
W19: April 8th, 2008
W20: May 14th, 2008
W21: May 23rd, 2008
W22: May 24th, 2008
W23: July 30th, 2008
W24: July 31st, 2008

Put those on todays pace and we'd have something like:

W18: April 7th, 2008:
W19: June 7th, 2008
W20: August 7th, 2008

DeletedUser98503

No haul is good for w65 as w56 is closing soon. As well as 61, a lot of players just quit after a war. So the more competitive 65 gets, the more people joins.

DeletedUser

Starting a world every few months isn't a bad pace. They do it because more people play at the start of a world, which in tern yields more potential of people buying premium and such. Like ALesson mentioned though, back in the day it was quite worse.

DeletedUser93450

Yea, we need more 'an two months to get attached to worlds nowadays. *yawns*

DeletedUser99976

The fact that the last world that opened was a farming world and that this one is a no farm world forces me to disagree with you, this way players can choose what they prefer.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

That was when worlds began to open in rapid succession. Worlds opening two at a time with different settings didn't help much either. The big problem for me was worlds opening with settings being too similar. If I am not mistaken W5 was the first world to introduce Archers/ Coins and was really a massive update as people had to rethink strategies. The same can also be said for the begging of W56 although not as big an update it meant people really did have to come up with new ways of playing. In between those two worlds IMO it was basically the same settings being dished out with little change.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
In between those two worlds IMO it was basically the same settings being dished out with little change.

Army camps and churches both changed the way the game was played more than archers or coins.

Archers were essentially a non-change, a lot of people continued playing the same as before by completely ignoring archers and mounted archers. Coins were just a simplification. Neither required large changes in strategy.

DeletedUser

Example from when I first started playing TW:

If I am not mistaken W5 was the first world to introduce Archers/ Coins and was really a massive update as people had to rethink strategies.

Archers were essentially a non-change, a lot of people continued playing the same as before by completely ignoring archers and mounted archers.

Ok so you would know? :|

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Army camps and churches both changed the way the game was played more than archers or coins.

Archers were essentially a non-change, a lot of people continued playing the same as before by completely ignoring archers and mounted archers. Coins were just a simplification. Neither required large changes in strategy.

My point wasn't that they changed the game massively. But before that the four previous worlds changed speed. But in world 5 archers where introduced and people had to come up with new techniques at the time. With hindsight they may not be a big update but at the time they where released they where. Because they where a new unit no one had seen before, so people wanted to play that world as it was a new challenge.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A lot of people still ignore archers.

They never massively changed the game.

I don't need to have played W5 to know they didn't hugely change the game back then.

You seem to be failing to grasp the point I am making. With hindsight, which is what you are basing your assumption on then they may not have massively changed the game. But at the time W5 was released it was a massive update. As it was one of the first if not thee first to introduce new units and was the first to introduce a new way to obtain nobles.

You only know that people choose to 'ignore' archers because at the time people tried and tested different strategies which proved whether archers worked/ didn't. This was seen as a challenge to many as it sort of evened the playing field.

Last edited by a moderator: