Recognising The Descent

DeletedUser

But. You should know that people get bored when fighting is pointless,
despite how good you may be... More than half of the world is controlled by
Apoc, most of the other half is crowded by inactives... So it's pointless to keep playing
when you know you won't get anywhere.

DeletedUser

I disagree. How can anyone on the "enemy" side be bored? The ones on our front are getting lots of action, the ones at the rear (in the x9s) are closer to the front than they've ever been. If either side risks boredom its Apoc/BA. Our front lines are moving east at such a rate that its difficult to keep up!

I suspect its resignation that's causing the enemy to delete. Which is fine by me as all I wanna do now is win and delete myself :)

Exactly.
BA has a larger warfront than it's ever had. The fact that enemies are quitting is not our concern. Indeed - it's the goal.
It always has been.... FOR EVERYONE.

max vs george

Half of the reason they quit is because they don't have enough time.... enough time marking the incomings they get...

DeletedUser53573

Who makrs incomings? =/

No one used fake trains effectively here (at least that I saw), so it became quite easy to detect trains..

DeletedUser

Players: 515
Villages: 162,179
Score: 1,584,864,504

0-49 Villages: 121
50-99 Villages: 43
100-249 Villages: 128
250-499 Villages: 103
500-749 Villages: 57
750-999 Villages: 35
1000-1249 Villages: 22
1250-1499 Villages: 4
1500+ Villages: 2

Avg. Player Score: 3,077,407
Avg. Villages: 315
Avg. Village Size: 9,772

Barbarians
Villages: 171,956
Score: 1,262,745,519

DeletedUser

Half of the reason they quit is because they don't have enough time.... enough time marking the incomings they get...

That may be true for some players.... but for others... we just got tired of begging the enemy to engage... they would rather eat inactives than take something that doesnt give up ground and may fight back... marking incomings doesnt take very long at all if you know how to do it... 2000 incoming would eat up about 10 minutes ... it really doesnt surprise me that serious gamers have lost interest in this world... watching grass grow is more challenging than waiting for apoc to attack you...lol

DeletedUser

... watching grass grow is more challenging than waiting for apoc to attack you...lol

That explains so much. You were "waiting for apoc to attack..." Brilliant strategy! I'm sure that would have eventually won the war. And I'm sure it was SO much more fun than coming to get us...

Screenshot2010-06-06at32932PM.png

DeletedUser

That explains so much. You were "waiting for apoc to attack..." Brilliant strategy! I'm sure that would have eventually won the war. And I'm sure it was SO much more fun than coming to get us...

Screenshot2010-06-06at32932PM.png

Respect.

DeletedUser

That explains so much. You were "waiting for apoc to attack..." Brilliant strategy! I'm sure that would have eventually won the war. And I'm sure it was SO much more fun than coming to get us...]

what!!!! lol I just really don't know how to respond to that... so let me get this straight... apoc says I am a cowardly barb nobler who waits for people to attack him?? yeah... you go on believing that princess.... It just goes to show that you really know nothing...lol

This is the only world I have seen that has actually turned into a social networking site... anywhere else single tribes that snub their own tribe to go independent would never be tolerated... ie Kini...lol but hey you can't attack him.... he would probably win...he is an active afterall...lol I played as jhayden... and apoc never did anything to end my game.... my game ended simply because I chose to end it... it was planned and talked about for about a month before it happened... =V= dropped in size because the players who wanted to continue were encouraged to move to other tribes... =V= dropped to 4 members and it didn't happen because of your awesomeness... the tribe dropped to 4 memebrs because we knew that apoc crowing about thier power would subside when there were no inactives to noble... the fact remains that unless it is a huge undertaking by numerous players and also by all of your allies you would stagnate and that is exactly what happened in the final days... it was comical and amusing... anyway before I get pissed and start looking for another account I am off to do something interesting... sorry I ever spoke up... good luck in your game... But don't expect to become TW legends... it will never happen... your attacks are 1 dimensional and easy to spot... The funny thing is your own internal forum has clear instructions on how to launch a decent attack and a good train... but yet only two or three apoc players actually do it... sad really in my books... the tools are there... if you used them we would be talking about how w18 was the first world to end by victory... your way will work too... but it will take a couple more years for sure.

DeletedUser

what!!!! lol I just really don't know how to respond to that... so let me get this straight... apoc says I am a cowardly barb nobler who waits for people to attack him?? yeah... you go on believing that princess.... It just goes to show that you really know nothing...lol

This is the only world I have seen that has actually turned into a social networking site... anywhere else single tribes that snub their own tribe to go independent would never be tolerated... ie Kini...lol but hey you can't attack him.... he would probably win...he is an active afterall...lol I played as jhayden... and apoc never did anything to end my game.... my game ended simply because I chose to end it... it was planned and talked about for about a month before it happened... =V= dropped in size because the players who wanted to continue were encouraged to move to other tribes... =V= dropped to 4 members and it didn't happen because of your awesomeness... the tribe dropped to 4 memebrs because we knew that apoc crowing about thier power would subside when there were no inactives to noble... the fact remains that unless it is a huge undertaking by numerous players and also by all of your allies you would stagnate and that is exactly what happened in the final days... it was comical and amusing... anyway before I get pissed and start looking for another account I am off to do something interesting... sorry I ever spoke up... good luck in your game... But don't expect to become TW legends... it will never happen... your attacks are 1 dimensional and easy to spot... The funny thing is your own internal forum has clear instructions on how to launch a decent attack and a good train... but yet only two or three apoc players actually do it... sad really in my books... the tools are there... if you used them we would be talking about how w18 was the first world to end by victory... your way will work too... but it will take a couple more years for sure.

I don't wish to respond to a complicated arguement with a simplistic statement but.... bitter much?

DeletedUser

But don't expect to become TW legends... it will never happen...

Is that one of the conditions for victory?
I missed that one.

I've never played this game for notoriety. Indeed, I've found refuge in this game specifically because it provides anonymity. If anyone got into this game to be a "TW Legend" then I'd suspect that person is severely warped.

DeletedUser

... watching grass grow is more challenging than waiting for apoc to attack you...lol
what!!!! lol I just really don't know how to respond to that... so let me get this straight... apoc says I am a cowardly barb nobler who waits for people to attack him??

Actually, you brought up the whole watching the grass grow and waiting for apoc. Seems like a touchy subject for you, though. Shall we dig deeper?

and apoc never did anything to end my game.... my game ended simply because I chose to end it... it was planned and talked about for about a month before it happened...

No argument there. Right up until the end, you kept tending your plot of grass in the x8s and x9s, squabbling among the chickens of the tribes who couldn't look west and set aside their egos ('look at me, I'm individually awesome!') long enough to change their strategy. When you *did* go west to 54... it was a barb-nobling expedition, and an ill-fated and short-lived skirmish with TelMaar that sent you packing.

... the fact remains that unless it is a huge undertaking by numerous players and also by all of your allies you would stagnate and that is exactly what happened in the final days...
Sorry. Which way was the front line moving? How far west did you go all by yourself? What's the name of the game again?

... anyway before I get pissed and start looking for another account I am off to do something interesting...

Oh, PLEASE do us a favor and come back. We need more players that already know where the delete button is, and how to use it. And this time, man up and don't play the cowardly "Guess which account I'm playing this time!" game again.

And just to wrap up... Since you asked... "Apoc" never said you were a cowardly barb-nobler.
Based on your game and forum behavior, I'd say you were childish, cowardly, barb-nobling, short-sighted and non-strategic thinking, egotistical, and almost completely irrelevant.
But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you're a wonderful person away from the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Players: 506
Villages: 161,641
Score: 1,579,668,439

0-49 Villages: 118
50-99 Villages: 44
100-249 Villages: 125
250-499 Villages: 99
500-749 Villages: 56
750-999 Villages: 32
1000-1249 Villages: 25
1250-1499 Villages: 5
1500+ Villages: 2

Avg. Player Score: 3,121,875
Avg. Villages: 319
Avg. Village Size: 9,773

Barbarians
Villages: 172,496
Score: 1,267,977,730

DeletedUser

It would be fun to see how many of those are Apoc/inactive.
We could see how hard the game is at this point for Apoc then.

DeletedUser

The game isn't hard for Apoc. There are some hot spots of activity and some opportunities for team play but the bottom line is Apoc (and BA) are now on their victory lap ;-)

DeletedUser

The game isn't hard for Apoc. There are some hot spots of activity and some opportunities for team play but the bottom line is Apoc (and BA) are now on their victory lap ;-)

As of early July, it was about 315 to 134 in the "Apoc v. World" thread in total numbers.

I haven't counted the list, but I'd guess there are about 20-30 in "the World" that I want to see delete just before I do. The game reminds me, at this point, of playing checkers with a kid who has lost every one of their pieces but one - but insists on making me chase them down and forcing the issue. Let's wrap this up already. :)

DeletedUser

That may be true for some players.... but for others... we just got tired of begging the enemy to engage... they would rather eat inactives than take something that doesnt give up ground and may fight back... watching grass grow is more challenging than waiting for apoc to attack you...lol

I think that no tribe can attack everyone and if you asked to be attacked you should not be attacked stragetically ignoring some players is good apoc does attack active players if you are not under attack maybe it is because focuseing on one player at a time is easyier to do you get more attacks on one player attacking in groups is also a defensive move.

inactives at this stage of the game are likely to come back

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hooray for families.
For helping massive amounts of people get bored quickly...

Yep, definitely. Apoc rocks my world. :icon_redface: