Religion

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tribalwars presents a concept whereby churches influence villages within a radius with churches that give a set of advantages.

I enjoy the concept and don't want to change the aspect of gameplay.

The concept appears to mimic Western style religion, which, being an western style atheistic person, I am wholly unmoved by in a meh kinda way by this non-gameplay aspect.

The idea I am suggesting is that players are able to, only on their account:
- rename that influence to whatever they want. Perhaps I could call it belief or understanding rather than religion?
- redefine what 'churches' are. No need to change the graphics (but is that even possible? Could I have a temple or a pyramid instead?), simply give the player the option to rename the church to whatever they want. I invest time on TW to escape RL - and it's fab - but in my RL, religion has minimal influence over me. I'd call it a laboratory or 'Peer reviewed article' or whatever.
- be able to describe (in their profile) what their influence is? I think back to the days of TeachU or Free-eekism etc - I hate noobz or family tribes or whatever GAMEPLAY RELATED things they endorse or otherwise.
- Allow people to follow said influence - just for lols of course - have an achievement of 'Influence of the day'

This is supposed to be a risible, comical, enjoyable, zany and quirky addition to the culture of TW that is not intended to offend in any way. I completely understand that some people may interpret this post and its content out of the described context and I assume that this would be the main grounds for not approving, along with the likely technical impossibilities. But I'm just spit balling here.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting idea imho. Approved for voting!

Good luck :)

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Wow. I personally do not play church worlds but that is a very creative concept. I really like the idea of others being able to adopt it(follow it).

I don't think at any point there should be tangible benefits as it is to be a cosmetic change. That being said, if RotD achievement became a thing the reward should be either nothing or a T1/2 flag.