Religious Debate

• Thread starter DeletedUser71940
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Actually the immediate effect of volcanism is for the world to get colder lol. The erruption of Krakatoa is what scientists think set off the little ice age. It's because the dust/ash acts like snow does, it reflect the heat back out, rather then absorbing it. I just don't know how the sea level rose, but if there is or was a massive rain volcanism is probably the best theory. Maybe enough volcano's going off would have an immediate heating effect/ raining which later cooled as the rest of the dust settled, not 100% though since I am not an expert geologist lol

DeletedUser71940

Well considering the religious myths I had watched a documentary a while back concerning the Exodus, the plagues and the stuff that were wrecked upon the Egyptians by him upstairs. Apparently all of those events had occured due to some volcanic activity which produced large amounts of poisonus gas and caused the lake to change colour. Something along the lines of that anyway.

DeletedUser

Actually the immediate effect of volcanism is for the world to get colder lol. The erruption of Krakatoa is what scientists think set off the little ice age. It's because the dust/ash acts like snow does, it reflect the heat back out, rather then absorbing it. I just don't know how the sea level rose, but if there is or was a massive rain volcanism is probably the best theory. Maybe enough volcano's going off would have an immediate heating effect/ raining which later cooled as the rest of the dust settled, not 100% though since I am not an expert geologist lol

Key word in the entire passage is highlighted for you. :icon_wink:

The Ice Age didn't end in a just a couple of years.

DeletedUser

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Case closed.

When we talk to God, we are called religious.

When God talks to us we are called crazy.

-Lily Tomlinson.

DeletedUser

Key word in the entire passage is highlighted for you. :icon_wink:

The Ice Age didn't end in a just a couple of years.

The cold causes the world to get colder faster since snow reflects more light/heat away from the planet. Only reason why the world isn't one big ice ball still is because the CO2 in the atmosphere built up not allowing all the heat to escape.

The biggest problem with you using that part as a quote is that the sea level would have to rise by a far amount. Which is possible if enough volcanoes erupted at once, but we both lack proof of that or even decent information to speculate it off of. I am not even sure if Krakatoa erupted around that time either, I was just using it as an example off of things that cause ice ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The cold causes the world to get colder faster since snow reflects more light/heat away from the planet. Only reason why the world isn't one big ice ball still is because the CO2 in the atmosphere built up not allowing all the heat to escape.

The biggest problem with you using that part as a quote is that the sea level would have to rise by a far amount. Which is possible if enough volcanoes erupted at once, but we both lack proof of that or even decent information to speculate it off of. I am not even sure if Krakatoa erupted around that time either, I was just using it as an example off of things that cause ice ages.

True, I am purely speculating, but it is a theory based on what little evidence is to be had. And it fits the situation.

DeletedUser

God created everything period! But then god excists in our minds which means we creatred god, but the creator of god is god, that makes us (people) god, but then we were created by god, but we are god.

Does that mean we created ourselves?

Nojthebrat

main reason i dont beleive in riligion is its many contradictions and its excuses, i wont ignore facts and stop seeking knowledge because your answer is "it was gods will" no thanks but i dont think those 10million people needed to die.

DeletedUser

That's because many people get confused to what GOD actually is or resembles.

God is not made to prevent poverty, god was made to give us a free will and decide for ourselves. Just because he 'supposedly' created us, doesn't mean he can make food appear on a nice hot plate in front of you.

We were originated from birds/fish/monkeys and many others, it was not gods intention to create "humans".

Either you believe that, or you can believe god is an %$£hole and does this on purpose because he thinks earth is a game of command and conquer :icon_eek:

I personally don't believe in god, but believe in spirits and a something after life, but "god" to be one almighty power, I do not.

Look at religion for instance, isn't it a sin to perform a murder? Or horrific acts of rage, and yet the christran church kills people, goes to war and justify people self harming themselves to relieve the evil.

I may have a few things muddled up as im not an expert, I failed religous studies in school.

palmertrou

God created everything period! But then god excists in our minds which means we creatred god, but the creator of god is god, that makes us (people) god, but then we were created by god, but we are god.

Does that mean we created ourselves?

My parents made me. :)

Big off topic here (sorry).

You guys seem like you like a bit of forum debate can I point you in this direction Mafia. It's a forum game, take a look. It's really good but I just need 3 more players.

Back to topic now, sorry.

DeletedUser

Its funny because every religion believes they are the right religion (obviously) and that you must follow their teachings to get into heaven. Sooo... either everyone dies and nothing happens or everyone dies and a small portion of the world makes it to heaven (those that "picked" the right religion and did whatever that religion said must be done)

DeletedUser71940

So it's safe to assume that there is no heaven and just die without worrying as to whether you go to heaven or hell because of your righteous or hethian religion.

DeletedUser

If there is a god, he would not solve our problems for us or hand us all the answers. Think of your own parents, and that phrase "figure it out", "go look it up". IF there is a god I think he would be almost like a parent without consern for death because he would view it as another stage of life if there is heaven, hell or reincarnation. So it would be along the lines of you sleep in the bed you make, "you" meaning the world. I mean we could all just shake hands and get along but our personal ambitions keep that from happening, so we get to deal with it's consequences.

I wouldn't call that mean, I would call that fair. But who knows maybe there is no god and were all just worm food in waiting.

DeletedUser

Aliens

As far as aliens, I believe in them. The world is to big for us to not have them, and we have substantial amount of evidence that they have at least visited earth. I watched a show called UFO hunters, and that really sparked my interest to look up more info on them. Unfortunately during the show they only came up with one very concrete piece of evidence, aside from the star child skull which had already been found. They found a super-conductor from an incident 15 years ago that we still can't make. I know they analyzed it, but they only pulled data based on it's make up and lack of electromagnetic field, but the surprise is that we cant duplicate it by a large technological margin. Some other evidence came up like people with objects in them recalling abductions, however when the implants were tested by the team it gave off AM radio signals, along with being assimilated with the persons body (ie; the body didn't reject it as a foreign object). When the object was removed it stopped transmiting it's signal, however based on tests on the object after wards no technology hinting towards alien life was found.

As far as ur aliens few i do beileve in aliens . But i didnt have the same knoledge as what ur saying.

But the reasoning i have for Aliens is that the earth is one of 9 IDENTIFIED planets to go around the Sun .
Mars was said to have crators that resedo of water and to have river like valleys areas where they had to be created by water. I dont kno a site to show u this . But i seen it on T.V.

But i beileve that there use to be a differnt type of Life form that used to live on all the other planets and in differnt galaxies. But the so Called aliens planet got ruined so they needed a new place to live so they took over mars and then it got to a tempature they didnt like so they went to a differnt galaxy where they learned more about technology and they continuously make new aircrafts that we call UFOS.Then i beileve that with these UFOS they go to new planets scoping out all planets and galaxy searching for new homes incase that there is a mishap with there home/planet or even there space.

I beileve that maybe we are the aliens maybe we invaded earth because GOD ( IM A CHRISTIAN i beileve in GOD) wanted us here so he made Somebody and flooded the earth some time later....only saveing 2 of each creature...

I beileve anything is possible.

I actually think that anyone of us can be aliens and if so that maybe we are here for a reason and maybe we will live on the moon . I honestly dont kno i havew no clue.

But think how the hell was a chimp created if there is no Allmighty Being that can make things at his/her will at a snap of his/her finger make the universes disapear.

Noone is perfect and ur not expected to be by the one being i beieleve is almight and very powerful.Your just expected to have faith.

Me i was born into a christian family used to go to church every sunday.But then we just stopped going. Parents got jobs and had every excuse in the book for not being able to go . so then that meant me and my bro didnt have a ride to church. but my oldest bro still got to go with our grandparents.

IF god dont exist u dont exist. How the hell do u kno were not just in someones head that were not just one big ass dream waiting for someone to wake up.

Maybe the person thats sleeping is god nand they have the power to kill u off in there head.

Noone has the power to kno what the hell is going on until u die.

When u die thats when u can be certain and beable to tell the World ( By me i hope that when they die they will tell ppl in HeavenorHell)or Heaven They kno this and that and what they beileved when they was on earth.

I beileve that 2beings kno every thing God and Jesus Chist

I beileve athiest are wrong but they have the right to beileve whatever the hell they want just that when they die they will wish thye had faith and beileved in what doesnt have proof other then a book that anyone could of written and wrote all that stuff in the bible.

But i beileve that all the ppl that took part in the creation of the bible are who is in it.

About Noahs arc i believe that is true.

Abot the Lion and the Giraff they were prolly locked up in a cage or had a rope around the neck not allowing eachother to get close enough .

Comments on my statments?
:icon_confused::icon_redface::icon_confused:

~~~XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXBKXxXxXxXxXxXxX~~~

DeletedUser

WARRIORMONKEY plz do =D

Its funny because every religion believes they are the right religion (obviously) and that you must follow their teachings to get into heaven. Sooo... either everyone dies and nothing happens or everyone dies and a small portion of the world makes it to heaven (those that "picked" the right religion and did whatever that religion said must be done)

Send me an IGM in about 3days and ill type u what i just typed.... i lost service on my laptop so it didnt go through and the screen just like turned white :(

it was really long to and i dont feel like typeing it again

donperryon

ONLY ONE UNFORGIVABLE SIN....AND THAT IS DENYING GOD.

the thing is no one can make you believe in god but, that is between you and him when you die, beliefs are beliefs, and there your own.

But I will pray for everyone that needs it, I also pray that god will come into your hearts so that your not lost forever

Nudist

ONLY ONE UNFORGIVABLE SIN....AND THAT IS DENYING GOD.

the thing is no one can make you believe in god but, that is between you and him when you die, beliefs are beliefs, and there your own.

But I will pray for everyone that needs it, I also pray that god will come into your hearts so that your not lost forever

Please say 19 hail mary's and 24 our fathers for me please.

kthxbye

DeletedUser

My say,
There have actually been cases, one that I know of, where people reincarnate persay, from heaven.

There was a pilot who was shot down in WW2 and he came back, easily able to describe his life, he's like 12 now, google it up.

According to this child God gives you a choice to come back or not, and when how God looks, male of female, he replied that God is whatever you need him to be at that time, this is when he was 8.

Buddhism isn't a religion its a life style they don't believe in Buddha they believe in his teaching, a Buddhist can still believe in Christmas and Easter, and what not.

I, being a catholic, respect Buddism and Islam, I can speak basic Arabic need to read the Qu'run. I hate though, how people blame christianity for many bad deeds, christian started red cross, ( A french christian). It's christian health funds that help the third world, there's no outspoken atheist who helps like the Christians.

Let's look at it this way all the bad things wasn't done by christianity.
Islam mass Jihad wherever they go, The islamic empire, persian. Mohamed advocaed violence.
I haven't read the Qu'ran in a while but in Muslim belief there is a good sin and a bad sin. For instance rape is okay if it is done to your enemies wives..
Hammurabi, was a cruel man....

Judaism.
Marx was Jewish so was Hitler, Trotski, and amongst many other communist founders.
How many people died because of Marx's and Lenin communist fundamentalism, they killed all races equally even the jews.
Same with Hitler son of Frankenburger and Steinberg,
Marx and Hitler were self-hating jews though.

Christian have the crusade okay at that peak the christian lost like a million soldiers between the 8 crusades muslims similair accounts does that compare to all the good they've done and
Communists lost 40 million people in WW2, these are the undeclared numbers declared 20 million.
Lenin started artifical famine in Ukraine kile 5-10 million more than the jews
Hitler killed 60 million
Eisonhower killed 1 million german POWS

Al-qaida (means the toilet) damaged a country with 9-11 ( Though I don't believe Al qaida exists)

So how bad are christian really.