Religious Debate

• Thread starter DeletedUser71940
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Nope, I don't just use internet websites or political site for my sources, I tend to enjoy reading up on political sciences in general, and like to track down what is true and untrue than base my opinion on things like the real definition for liberal implies to me.

I could direct you some novels if you would like to persist in this vague argument.

Sorry wasn't making it out to be an argument cause I really have no clue as to how the Jewish community views itself. I was just taking a stab at it to cover bases :icon_wink: Btw you haven't read into the literary historical arguments of the Bible have you?

DeletedUser

While Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all don't agree with killing, people have killed and claimed it for there god. In the end religion is used as a funnel which leaders use to focus the hate bread of indifference, history, or ideological views to manipulate there countries population.

DeletedUser

While Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all don't agree with killing, people have killed and claimed it for there god. In the end religion is used as a funnel which leaders use to focus the hate bread of indifference, history, or ideological views to manipulate there countries population.

Ahhhh we have a challenger ok well here we go...

First off before I even make my point, Islam does agree with killing (at least as far as I know) in fact their very foundation as a religious nation was brought about through war and they continued to have that same view while expanding in the middle east. Their view of either conform to Islam, leave, or be killed was very prevalent in their early history.

Ok now to my point. I love how people try to blame religion for killing. It's like religion itself is evil and orders them to kill others that do not follow :icon_eek: Even in Islams case of warring to survive in their early stages of development. They were being attacked by a group that did not believe in the same things as them and this in turn bred violence in the core of the religion. So the population causing beliefs that carry on through the ages (I'm not sure if they hold the same beliefs now). This is such a ignorant point as people just look for things to blame other than the population :icon_neutral: If we were to take out religion in the world do you really believe that killing would go down? People find reasons to kill one another, it's apart of the world we live in whether it's for money, power, land, resources, and the list goes on and on. Notice how all those things that I listed are not evil by any means, because it is the PEOPLE have evil intentions. If you are going to blame someone for war and killing blame the people that actually caused it.

Your last point is very Machevalian and is very true in a lot of countries. This does not apply to the standard population I believe only in politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know who was an outspoken anti semite, Benjimen Franklin, take that for thought?

As I explained in my previous post, Muslims have "good" sins and "bad" sins, rape and murder are acceptable to you enemy. Jews have the eye for an eye concept.

And thought christians include the old testament they follow more by the new teachings. That's how the Roman Empire fell apart. When Gothic tribe came in... that's another story

That's why In medieval Europe only jews profited out of debt.

I'm tired of repeaing things that most people should know

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know who was an outspoken anti semite, Benjimen Franklin, take that for thought?

As I explained in my previous post, Muslims have "good" sins and "bad" sins, rape and murder are acceptable to you enemy. Jews have the eye for an eye concept.

And thought christians include the old testament they follow more by the new teachings. That's how the Roman Empire fell apart. When Gothic tribe came in... that's another story

That's why In medieval Europe only jews profited out of debt.

I'm tired of repeaing things that most people should know

Ok I know of "good" and "bad" sins from the Muslim perspective (sorry just now read your reply) and it is true that is only acceptable to do it against your enemies, but who decides the enemies? Does Allah give the people a book full of names of evil people to kill? That would be a no. Enemies are decided by the PEOPLE once again. In fact all these Muslim terrorists in fact represent a very small fraction of the muslim community so using them as an example is generalization on your part.

Jews do indeed have the eye for an eye concept but who gave that law? Truly wasn't God was it? I'm pretty sure he only gave the ten commandments. Moses actually wrote that law and one could argue it is "divinly inspired" which I can agree with but in the end it is a human writer who is prone to mistakes.

Rome did not fall from Christian influence... Rome fell because it overextended itself and pissed off the Goths in the region resulting in the surrender of Rome.

Jews profited from the debt? Debt never became an issue till after the dark ages when high class Italians decided to start the first interests on borrowed money. (which was considered a sin at the time by most Christians)

DeletedUser

Christians weren't allowed to loan on interest, so they weren't interested.
Jews didnt follow these principles...
In regards to Islam, Mohamed, claimed these laws,
If my memory serves from reading the Quran, he once had a women torn apart by horses for breastfeeding in public

DeletedUser

I never argued that Muslims did not claim these laws, my argument was that human error came into play when interpreting these laws laid down by that angel in the mountains.

Yes Christians thought usury to be a sin, but this was soon extinguished with the wealthy aristocracy in Italy before the Renaissance when they began to loan money with interest. It wasn't just the Jews.