Remember the children

Status
Not open for further replies.

docileone

I have changed the name of my village to remember the children and their families in a small town in the United States. It will remain the same until the New Year in their honor. Pray for the children.

If you feel this is an honorable thing, please change the name of your village also.

DeletedUser93536

As much as I care for children, which many I find are so bloody annoying at anywhere I'm at, I do not see any reason to change my village name to 'Remember the Children'. it would have the same effect as to praying, which does nothing. If you want to do something to remember the children, send money, send support, do something. Don't expect someone else to do it because you changed your village name to 'Remember the Children'.

docileone

I am doing more than praying for the children, for the last 30 years I have been feeding them, clothing them, listening to them, giving them advice when they ask for it, and a few times reconciling them with their parents. Praying for the children is not an useless act my friend, for if i did not pray for them i would likely as not have done the rest.

I know children can be annoying at times, but so can adults. I will remember you in my prayers also.

DeletedUser93536

Okay, I am an atheist, I don't believe your power of prayer, I believe in the power of action. I can't pray for a 5k village and get it the next day, I have to work for it. I can't pray to get a 100 for the finals, I have to study and work for it. I tell myself, Doomscout, get off your lazy bum and go study for the finals. I don't pray to anyone to make me better.

docileone

I totally understand where you are coming from, I don't believe in "Luck" with my life or play. I believe skill, strategy, and action will get you far in play and real life. I also believe there is something more we cannot understand or see in our life, that is where prayer works. It may be positive affirmations, it may be nonsense, it may be real. I know in my life it has been something beyond my abilities or knowledge that has affected my decisions and those decisions of people around me in my life. I do not intend on forcing this belief on anyone, in fact, I don't believe it can be forced onto anyone.

With the above being said; we still have the right, even the responsibility (in my opinion) to care about these people that have been affected by this young man and his decisions. I will pray, I will treat my neighbor with respect and compassion, I will let my feelings about this event be known to anyone in my path. Will this change the world, maybe, someday. Will it change those that are affected by my presence, most certainly. Will it prevent the next incident of this kind? I doubt it. That doesn't matter to me as much as my feeling of doing all I can to make the world a better place for all who live here. So I will pray.

DeletedUser

If you feel this is an honorable thing, please change the name of your village also.

Don't expect someone else to do it because you changed your village name to 'Remember the Children'.

Pretty sure this was an ask and NOT an expectation of action. It was suggestive with the word please and offered an opportunity to say, not interested.

Very Sad situation overall. 6 year olds in harms way in any situation is tragic and I'm sure there are plenty of tragedies all over the world that have impacted children. I feel it may be better to remember any child or all children during this holiday season that they keep a small amount of innocence and wonder. That they are able to laugh and enjoy the wonder years of discovery that is child-hood. So with that in mind, I will remember all children especially my own.

DeletedUser93536

I'm sorry, but every time I see a thread like 'Remember the children', it sickens like the Kony 2012, Amanda Todd, or the Batman shooting events. So many people joining the moral bandwagon posting on facebook saying 'Like if you hate suicides' It's a bloody nuisance that they care enough to put it on their walls, but not enough to send support or anything. it does NOTHING.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but every time I see a thread like 'Remember the children', it sickens like the Kony 2012, Amanda Todd, or the Batman shooting events. So many people joining the moral bandwagon posting on facebook saying 'Like if you hate suicides' It's a bloody nuisance that they care enough to put it on their walls, but not enough to send support or anything. it does NOTHING.

^ Real talk.

Most of these people wouldn't reach out to someone desperately in need, even if they make that desperation publicly noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, I am an atheist, I don't believe your power of prayer, I believe in the power of action. I can't pray for a 5k village and get it the next day, I have to work for it. I can't pray to get a 100 for the finals, I have to study and work for it. I tell myself, Doomscout, get off your lazy bum and go study for the finals. I don't pray to anyone to make me better.

I once got 100% on a Business Management exam in highschool and I never studied for that. I'm also a Christian. Checkmate, atheist.

DeletedUser

Seeing as the only direction this thread is going to go is toward a religious argument, and we don't allow that, I'm just going to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.